• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Do you like Loot-whoring?   49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Loot-whoring?

• Yes! Love it!
    • Meh! Don't care!
    • Nope! Just a waste of time!
    • Other... [However that is possible]

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

38 posts in this topic

I love to loot whore especially in a game like Borderlands. It's taht good.

Total loot whore here, be in Borderlands, Torchlight, Skyrim, you name it...if it has value I'll grab it.

The new loot 2.0 on diablo 3 is utter shit though. That is my honest opinion and it will stay that way. Loot 2.0 has been made for the new expansion Reaper of Souls. Now as much as I'm a "fanboy" for diablo it doesn't mean I'm not pissed off paying £40 for what is the equivilent of a DLC. Also the fact that anyone who doesn't buy Reaper of Souls will be stuck with this shitty ass patch.

Someone needs to get on at Blizzard before they royally fuck it all up.

(Apologies for all the swearing a little annoyed)

Why do you hate it so deeply? It brought back my fun with Diablo 3 (which I never had before that). The expansion price is waaaayyyy too much thats true though.

"I asked some on who raids, 'why do you raid?' 'To get the best items,' they said.  'What do you use the best items for?' I asked, to which they could answer, 'to raid with!'" - 

Ben Yahtzee Croshaw, Zero Punctuation: World of Warcraft Cataclysm 

It depends on the game, a Game like Skyrim I rarely sell anything unless I have more then 1 of it and keep one around for the sake of having it.

As for loot itself being the goal I thrive for in said game, the answer is Yes, then again to me they be pretty dull if I wasn't game like Borderlands, Torch Light, and D3 are all about the Loot.

Only if the loot is at least interesting enough you wana check them all out like how it is currently with Diablo 3. Loot whore done like it was in Diablo 3 before or Borderland 2 is absolutely horrendous to me, most tend to be a waste of time to pick up or even worth looking at and getting an upgrade or something of interest/legendary takes unbelievably amount of time and commitment which can be easily null by the fact the RNG hates you and make the item below average in stat.

But if its raining tons of shiny like it is in D3 now, then hell yeah. For people who say they prefer taking the effort in getting their upgrade, I understand but I prefer it be done via upgrading that item you enjoy the most and want to keep progressing with.

Dungeon Defenders FTW.  So much loot-whore I can't even find my own items.

When I loot things it's because it's either an upgrade or I can sell it. I'm such an anti loot whore that I'm having trouble leveling different jobs in Bravely Default. I'm used to just selling what I don't use right away.

My brother is a real loot whore and not on a good way. He steals everything in sight unless I say something. Even if im running a mecromancer spec for lightning damage he steals a legendary lightning bozooka which would obviously benefit the shit out of me. Once he even stopped playing Borderlands with me and took the game because I took some high and mighty smg but, I didnt care enough to give into his demands and give it to him. Why? Because I do like loot but, in games like Borderlands I dont steal and I sell most of it anyways. If the OP was more about if I like to gather loot in general, sure.

I am such a loot hoarder... On my Ps3 I have a skyrim save file... in which i have .... wait for it... over 200 hours... and guess what i've done so far? 

Only completed the quests till the fight against the first dragon (don't even do side quests)....and collected.... close to 30000 red apples... which i stored in Breezehome..

I do nothing else in that save except for looking for and collecting red apples... It's wonderful...

My friends think I'm crazy.. hell even I think so as well... But nothing is more thrilling than running away from a dragon in nothing more than the prison rags as you try to pick up every single red apple in the forest xD 

Hoarding level 10000000

i wouldnt say im a loot hoarder but i am one of those people that has to check every place items can be in

in Fallout 3/NV it was the worst, i would check every deck, every filing cabinet looking for useful items and caps 

Yes i love loot whoring but borderlands does not give you alot of inventory so we can not loot whore in BL2 which sucks

Hate trash loot, except for South park trash loot where 9 out of 10 is a reference to some episode but overall having to loot items that you'll sell for sure is just unnecessary work.