• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

captain

Play style

28 posts in this topic

Hey guys, just a quick question.

Do you surrender if there is no way you could win?

Personaly i never surrender, if i lose i lose with honor :D :D (and also i think that enemy team gets more exp if they beat us instead of us surrendering!?) :D after all it is just a game.. also i always honor other players if they are truly great players (even enemy tems). 

i mostly play with humor and do not care if i win or lose, bcs it is just a game right?

what is your opinion on the topic? :)

also i havent playe for a very long while :D

i surrender if no chance cause i dont find it fun after that point to me it feels more like wasting time.

think its better to just end it fast so u can get another game started sooner.

TheBeast likes this

i surrender if no chance cause i dont find it fun after that point to me it feels more like wasting time.

think its better to just end it fast so u can get another game started sooner.

^ Exactly this.

Only time I surrender is when my team loses all the team fights. I mean to the point where my team cant kill a squishy adc with 0 damage and my team used all their skills on that ADC. (I've seen it one to many times.) The other would be when we have nothing and inhib is expose and the enemy team won't finish it.

I normally surrender if it is clearly lost and we have no late game going for us. I hate wasting time in a 20-5 game with an inhibitor down at 15 minutes because our Ashe ADC thinks we have a better late game against Vayne/Nasus. SOMETIMES I will be wrong and we have an epic comeback, but that rarely ever happens and I would rather just jump into another ranked game.

in solo i dont want to surrender unless its 100% sure im gonna lose the game. 
In 5 vs 5 with a full team its a differnt story, at one point where you just lost the last 3 teamgfights in a row and the enemy team is banging on your second open inhib i usually ask shall we SS or not. Because a full 5 vs 5 is a team game and it should be a team call to surrender. 
In solo you can turn the game around by yourself if you are lucky because the team play is poor

in 5v5 i know that there need to be 4 voting yes to surrender, or maybe smthin changed :D

and wait, there is ontion to play solo??? i mean i know tha there was playing with computer, but that didnt give any exp... 

and actualy the other reason why i dont want to surrender is because, when my team is pwning the other teem ( i mean literaly beating the shit aut of them :D ) i love that feeling, and that is the time when i ( im pretty new to game (newbie if u prefer) ) am able to score more kills more eficiently :D

so if enemy is clearly wining than i hope they have the same feeling :D and i know what is that like :D

I surrender when I know the chances of a win are slim. Sometimes, you just get a very early game centric team with little to no CC, and you lose the early game anyway. To a Vayne. And a Nasus. And Karthus. It's then when the game should be surrendered.

Do keep in mind though that a lost game isn't a game with you getting no kills. In fact, if you got 5 turrets and 2 dragons whie being 5 kills to 20, you're probably going to start winning real soon, despite the kill difference. Remember, to win the game is to push the enemy nexus, not to get the most kills ( god, TDM mode Riot please! ). There was actually a time when I won a game where we were 9/30, losing every teamfight, having no CC and no late game. You know what happened? The enemy team let us splitpush through with our Sivir, and she singlehandedly pushed their entire base while we were defending.

Do NOT surrender if you're 'useless' for you team, either. I tend to do this stupid mistake myself, but even if you're 0/4/0 20 minutes in, do NOT think that your entire team is losing. Sometimes, that 4/1/1 bot lane Twitch might just carry your game ;).

DO surrender when you're losing in gold though. Gold>kills. As I said above, objectives are very important for this very reason, gold. If you know you're 10k behind in gold, there's little you can do. Except if the enemy throws. Then what the hell, enemy?

captain likes this

Me personally. I would rather die fighting than give up. For honour and victory in a game. Even without victory, you can learn anything in the last few minutes.

DeathBat22 and captain like this

Never give up, never surrender.

I don't see why you would take it so seriously that you would want to give up rather than see a match through to the end...

captain likes this

Never give up, never surrender.

I don't see why you would take it so seriously that you would want to give up rather than see a match through to the end...

exactly...

i dont surrender in most cases only when its obvious the nexus is gunna go down enemy team is there(and everybody is still in respawn) just to speed up the end of the round

I don't usually surrender :) sometimes it looks like the game is lost but things can always change! And I also play to have fun so I don't care about losing or not... I will only surrender if I'm with my friends and they are sick of the game and so they ask me to do it :P

AlmightyK likes this

As the AJSA logo says "Never give up! Never Surrender! Victory or death!" you never know what stupid thing the enemy will do or you could steal a baron/dragon or 2 and you might be back in the game.

Further more a few patches ago Riot implemented a sistem in which if u kill a champ that has far more levels then you the amount of XP you and your team get was greatly increased so it is possible to comeback

Unfortunately the surrender option has 5 votes and if your teammmates are narrow minded idiots (pardon me) you`ll surrender even if you don`t want to.Personally i am used from DotA to play till the end cause of no surrender option in that game...i think people tend to slack off when they know they can surrender and will give up far sooner if a game is going maybe bad for them but is not lost....you knever now

So my advice to you is Joe`s motto : "Never give up! Never Surrender! Victory or death!"

But the respawns are long so dying is boring :(

For me, it depends. If we're down 20 kills, we haven't killed any turrets but theyre in our base, I'm gonna surrender. They would have to throw so hard in order for us to come back, and sadly that doesn't happen all that often. 

If there's any chance of coming back, then I won't surrender. If we're losing by a landslide and its gonna be unlikely that we come back, I'll just surrender and play another

If our team is getting whooped, I like to find the enemy that stays in the back getting all the kills...then just go Rambo and murder him before the rest of the team takes me down. Then I can happily surrender knowing I just got personal victory.

captain likes this

i just dont like the idea to surrender. i dont give up easily, so i wont give up when i play a game for fun. sometimes i am blown away how good players are there comparing to me. and sometimes i just like to kick back and have fun no mater win or loose. i like to see the game to the end and chat with players. but usualy they are so silent and do not say a word.

anyway, respect to players who will not quit in any situation, and a little respect to thos who will compleate the game in theyr head and calculate probable ending scenario. :D

good luck guys! :)

sometimes i just like to kick back and have fun no mater win or loose.

Loose >.<

Why does everyone do this? Lol

Never give up, fight till the last man!

Like many comments said if its lost its lost lets not waste more time.

Depends. In some cases you can delay the game. You can Split push and narrow down objectives. Being down 10 kills does not mean you are really behind. As more like objective based player i love to go split push and just take towers. Make pressure, making pressure is really important in some cases. If i surrender it's when i know we have no chances to win (Many lanes lost and enemy team is just taking out all objectives) Having 1 lane lost is not that bad you should be happy it's only 1 lane not all of them. On Solo Q i try to go till the end and delay the game if i have to, in most cases my kda won't matter to me if it means i can win current game i'm playing. Win or Loss if i tried my best im happy with that game, and sometimes surrendering is an option. (Yeah Comeback happen baron steals etc but it's rare to seem them. I remember when i stole baron with Graves smoke screen :D) Motivation and willing to play till the end are really important aspects in the game ;].

elgys likes this

Personally, don't really care about wasting time or what not, but I surrender only when I don't fee like playing the specific game. Doesn't have to be a no- hope- of- winning type of  game, just a game that I don't care about based on the attitudes from my teammates.