• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Renegade

Anime - What are you watching now?

142 posts in this topic

Hi there,

well I was just wondering if some people on here do watch the same Anime I am currently watching and if we might have some things we agree on and of course we disagree on some things too. Well anyway, you can leave links behind and of course pictures of the anime you are watching to make your post look more attractive and stuff, please also tell what you think of the Anime and recommend it so other might watch it as well (if we have the same taste for Anime). Well here I go.

I am currently watching:

Kuroko no Basuke 2

Kuroko-no-Basket-610x371.png

What's it about: It's about Basketbal yeah, if you haven't noticed and it's a great anime I have to say.
I was quite skeptical at first because of many people were fanboying it and of course the fangirls...
I decided to watch it anyway and it turns out pretty amazing. The movement Is so well done during matches and by adding
powers to them (not THAT supernatural) makes it even more enjoyable and entertaining to watch. I'd recommend it because
it's so much fun to watch and the story isn't that deep so it's easy to understand what's going on.

AniDB rating: 7,3 / 7,5 (Second Season, first seasons sports 25 episodes)
AniDB Link: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=8681
My rating: 8

Kyoukai no Kanata (Beyond the Boundary)

kyoukai-no-kanata.jpg?w=620

This anime is better than what it looks like, according to the poster it looks like it revolves around the girl
while it's actually about the guy on the right. It's an amazing anime in which they hunt down Phantasms whom drop
certain things while they die and they sell them for money. The girl is able to manipulate her blood and create a sword which is epic.
the dude is only half Phantasm, he has no powers except for his immortality (although being stabbed still hurts). The effects are
awesome in this anime, it's one of the few things that surpised me (probably made me want to watch more). The characters are
fun and not particulary boring on stereotypical, so it's enjoyable to keep watching every episode. It's underrated af though but it's 
definately something enjoyable to watch, I'd recommend it if you're not currently watching something.

AniDB rating: 5,8
AniDB Link: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=9518
My Rating: 7

Monogatari Series: Second Season

Monogatari.jpg

Another awesome installment in the series (4th anime show?). If you know it already or have seen any of the previous series
you know it's good. It doesn't focus on the main character that much it's more focussing on the other characters around the main, BUT
it's still very entertaining to watch! and I'd recommend the entire series if you haven't watching any of it yet. This is the latest series
so you might wanna go and see Bakemonogatari first which is based on the Light Novel. This series is based on the other Light Novels.
It's a compliation of story-related stuff to the other characters and it makes you understand them more (of course), it seems to continue
the events of Bakemonogatari so I guess it could be considered a Sequel.

AniDB Rating: 8,1
AniDB Link: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=9183
My Rating: 8

unknowed55 and Batman like this

I'm watching InuYasha, say what you want I like it. I'm on episode 44 now. So far so good. I would like to recommend Darker Than Black, awesome anime. 

Renegade likes this

If this is considered Anime, which I consider it as, I've been watching the Roosterteeth Series RWBY. Just watched the ending of volume 1 and I have to say that I've been impressed with everything the Roosterteeth team has done with it so far. Can't wait for the next volume to start up, tbh!

MrGahman2 and Xsivik like this

I've been watching RWBY recently, eh..its ok, impressive for a small development team to develop such a thing though

MrGahman2 likes this

With each new season of anime, I end up watching the majority. It'd take quite a bit to list 'em here, so I'll just leave a link below:

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Dyzzles&status=1&order=0

Now~, if you would ask what my favorite is this season... Well... You'd be asking a tough question. :D

I'm quite fond of what we got this Fall. A few I can say stand out are: Strike the Blood, Gingitsune, Kill la Kill, Kyoukai no Kanata and Coppelion.

I listed those 5 'cause, when I think about it overall, they're the ones I look forward to the most (In the right way). By that, I mean, I look forward to new episodes of everything that I watch, but these are the ones that like... Get me screaming inside (Out of happiness, I promise c: ). There's also a few Feel Good animes (Gingitsune is like that a bit, but meh) that I enjoy watching quite a bit, aswell. I usually leave those for the evenings when I'm not in the mood for anything too ''wild'' (Non Non Biyori. Gawd, I love this, aswell...)

Renegade likes this

Man I finished Sword Art Online not too long ago I'm catching up on Magi now and just finished Attack on Titan I've seen more anime but some kinda discontinued I did watch the newest Dragon Ball Z Movie Battle of Gods which was beast as fuck! 

Currently watching Book Of Bantorra and Romeo Blue Skies.

Book of Bantorra is sadly a rather large disappointment. Has a truly fantastic concept but is ruined by the fact they seemingly didn't know quite what to do with it, its not bad just underwhelming. 6/10

Romeo Blue Skies is a fantastic adventure/coming of age story. it's my first Nippon ANimation World Masterpiece Theatre show and I love it. About a Boy who to help his father pay his medical bill sells himself into child labor/slavery and becomes a Chinmey Sweeper in Milan. I love this series so far. 9/10

Nice to know there are other Anime Fans around in the AJ community. I actually spend more time on Anime than Games.

Renegade likes this

Had a look at Kill La Kill, that ish is craycray, i like the art style though as it lends to the over-the-top action scenes. Fan service kinda pisses me off but then again im not the target audience, can't have it all.

Also enjoying the hunter x hunter remake, Toriko is quite good also. The second season of Magi started a few weeks ago, seems like its been dumbed down to appeal to a wider audience, but who knows, it might start getting back to its old ways if the last episode is anything to go by.

Its probably not really considered a full blown Anime, being made in america and all, but the Legend of Korra is off the hook, Avatar Wan is currently my new favorite animated character at the moment, dude is an out and out BOSS!!.

Those are my biggest interests at the moment but i still follow the remaining "Big 2" (Shippuden and One Piece) but find myself skipping almost entire episodes to only pay attention to the main story, as shippuden back story arc's are easily predictable; with its "sympathy for the devil" premise of every "evil" character on the show and One Piece using 10 minute running sequences followed by 5 minute facial expressions and "hmph" noises.

Fortunately i still really enjoy the driving plots of the main characters, the underdog with a hint of destiny through lineage, going absolute  beast mode when needed.

I could talk about Anime all day so i better stop here lol 

DominatorXTR likes this

I'm watching InuYasha, say what you want I like it. I'm on episode 44 now. So far so good. I would like to recommend Darker Than Black, awesome anime. 

Yes and by episode 144, you will realize nothing of consequence has happened yet. As for me, Ive been watching Soul Eater, keeping up with Naruto (the manga too, along with the Bleach Manga), tried a few other anime on Hulu like Attack on Titan (the slowest anime since Drag On Ball Z) and From the New World, which is a serious heart wrenching, mindfuck of a show especially the ending when things finally get fully explained.

Man I finished Sword Art Online not too long ago I'm catching up on Magi now and just finished Attack on Titan I've seen more anime but some kinda discontinued I did watch the newest Dragon Ball Z Movie Battle of Gods which was beast as fuck! 

where did you see the new DBZ movie??

Dyzzles likes this

If this is considered Anime, which I consider it as, I've been watching the Roosterteeth Series RWBY. Just watched the ending of volume 1 and I have to say that I've been impressed with everything the Roosterteeth team has done with it so far. Can't wait for the next volume to start up, tbh!

It's and Anime-styled American CG , thats what it says, I might look into it ;d

I've been watching RWBY recently, eh..its ok, impressive for a small development team to develop such a thing though

I must go and watch it then now that 2 people have commented about it

Battle of Gods surely was amazing and definitely what fans needed to see that DBZ isn't dead yet the new game Battle of Z is also promising despite the lazy animation ( have you seen the chunky kamehameha movement? )

Yes and by episode 144, you will realize nothing of consequence has happened yet. As for me, Ive been watching Soul Eater, keeping up with Naruto (the manga too, along with the Bleach Manga), tried a few other anime on Hulu like Attack on Titan (the slowest anime since Drag On Ball Z) and From the New World, which is a serious heart wrenching, mindfuck of a show especially the ending when things finally get fully explained.

where did you see the new DBZ movie??

Oooh, someone else who follows the Naruto and Bleach manga. Did you read the chapters that came out yesterday? Kubo pulled a big one this week. :D

Im watching Hyperdimension Neptunia and yeah its ended. But still waiting for JoJo's Bizzare Adventure part 3 anime!

Just recently finished Attack on Titan. Not bad, not bad at all. Although there are several parts that dragged on for far to long. Hopefully this ends up as a relatively short series and not end up like Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece.

Now I am just watching Mobile Suit Gundam 0083. Then I'll jump to 8th MS team. Even though I have watched these several times in the past. They are just that fun to watch.

I dont know if anyone knows it, but ive been watching "attack on titan" recently, love that one.

Had a look at Kill La Kill, that ish is craycray, i like the art style though as it lends to the over-the-top action scenes. Fan service kinda pisses me off but then again im not the target audience, can't have it all.

Thats my problem with it...I don't like fan service that much when watching anime

Lawza S likes this

I know I'm ridiculously far behind the times, but I'm watching Naruto for the first time. XD

MrBeef and DominatorXTR like this

Oooh, someone else who follows the Naruto and Bleach manga. Did you read the chapters that came out yesterday? Kubo pulled a big one this week. :D

Not yet, I tend to wait a couple weeks and read 2 chapters at a time, since they have been pulling that one week break BS more often lately. Though Ive read up to last weeks chapter.

Just recently finished Attack on Titan. Not bad, not bad at all. Although there are several parts that dragged on for far to long. Hopefully this ends up as a relatively short series and not end up like Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece.

Now I am just watching Mobile Suit Gundam 0083. Then I'll jump to 8th MS team. Even though I have watched these several times in the past. They are just that fun to watch.

Ohhh 08th MS Team is by far my fave gundam, I got misty eyed at the end of that.... =.=

I actually hoped Attack on Titan would continue but I don't think it will, although the Manga is quite good (the art is ..mediocre) 

I know I'm ridiculously far behind the times, but I'm watching Naruto for the first time. XD

Dude good luck, you're in for a wicked ride!

Right now my current anime list that I am working through includes

[img already posted]

- Kyoukai no Kanata (Slowly warming up to it, but I don't feel like it's going to be as interesting as I hoped.) Preliminary 7/10

TnX3lNA.jpg?1

- The Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann movies (First one watched, second one will have to wait for now.) 8.5/10 for the first one

arArFIZ.jpg?1

- Naruto (Yes, still following that since god knows when. No need to judge.) 6/10 for the original series, 7/10 for the shippuuden series

gRj9fi9.jpg?1

- Hajime no Ippo Rising (Loved the previous ones, so why not! Note: The manga has a lot more blood than the anime.) Preliminary 8/10

OCzoRBZ.jpg?1

- Space Brothers (Probably one of my favorites since it's -somewhat- informative as well. I love getting that "Huh, I didn't know that." feeling every now and then.) 8/10

723728329_1382426807.jpg

- Log Horizon (I was looking for a similar anime after .hack//sign and Sword Art Online. This one seemed promising.) Preliminary 7/10

Other than that, I'm still planning to finish Hetalia, but I lost count at what episode I was...

Kill la Kill is great man, it was like Gurren Lagann all over again. only with 100% more lewdness.

Enjoy! The first Naruto series is as good as it's going to get :)

Right now my current anime list that I am working through includes

[img already posted]

- Kyoukai no Kanata (Slowly warming up to it, but I don't feel like it's going to be as interesting as I hoped.) Preliminary 7/10

TnX3lNA.jpg?1

- The Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann movies (First one watched, second one will have to wait for now.) 8.5/10 for the first one

arArFIZ.jpg?1

- Naruto (Yes, still following that since god knows when. No need to judge.) 6/10 for the original series, 7/10 for the shippuuden series

gRj9fi9.jpg?1

- Hajime no Ippo Rising (Loved the previous ones, so why not! Note: The manga has a lot more blood than the anime.) Preliminary 8/10

OCzoRBZ.jpg?1

- Space Brothers (Probably one of my favorites since it's -somewhat- informative as well. I love getting that "Huh, I didn't know that." feeling every now and then.) 8/10

723728329_1382426807.jpg

- Log Horizon (I was looking for a similar anime after .hack//sign and Sword Art Online. This one seemed promising.) Preliminary 7/10

Other than that, I'm still planning to finish Hetalia, but I lost count at what episode I was...

Woa thanks for your reply man! also, I enjoy Naruto as well, gave up on Log Horizon it didn't really seem that appealing to me because of the similarities. i'd rather watch Sword Art Online for the 4th time.

Not yet, I tend to wait a couple weeks and read 2 chapters at a time, since they have been pulling that one week break BS more often lately. Though Ive read up to last weeks chapter.

Ah, you're in for a surprise... I'll tell you that. Just picture the last thing you'd expect to happen.