• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

IGDK13

Boycott EA?

Boycott EA?   61 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be willing to boycott EA?

• Yes - it's the only way to put pressure on them
    • No - I love their products and don't have any issues with them

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

61 posts in this topic

Please let polls remain neutral. It is bloody annoying not to be able to vote because of a tagline saying what basically translates to "you are an idiot if you pick this". I will not vote in this thread, as clearly only one of the options is meant to be taken, but I will say this, there is no reason to boycott them. They have not done anything recently that is bad enough to justify this. Have they done bad things? sure, they are always doing bad things, but boycotting is like the last resort. 

I will be boycotting them for most of their stuff. Im really interested in Titanfall but i highly doubt i will buy it because the only EA published games i've ever bought since they got the way they were is Battlefield.

just dont pre order shit... EA will go badshit insane if people wont pre order their games.

The point is that a lot of gamers just scream LETS BOYCOT THIS PUBLISHER HERP DERP. and then just buy the game anyway.
Do you really think big publisher take us serious if we scream boycot this or that this time? No they dont, because they think we are whiny lil shits and by the game anyway. 

Its sad, its harsh, but it is the truth. If you really want to piss them off, again I say. DONT PRE ORDER. DONT BUY THE GAME ON LAUNCH. This forces the publishers to actually make the game good for it to sell.

They are no worse than any other big bad corporation. So just boycotting them does not make any sense when Ubisoft and SEGA are arguably even worse...

What ? With Sega it was years ago and they never will apologize i didn't seen any of their ballshit recently. And i play most of ubisoft games on console and they have a lot good games i hope watch dogs will be good. But i would not boycott EA because they own a lot of companies and have a lot of good franchises i like .

And there probably not enough people who boycotts buggy, but good games for anyone see the effects.

What ? With Sega it was years ago and they never will apologize i didn't seen any of their ballshit recently. And i play most of ubisoft games on console and they have a lot good games i hope watch dogs will be good. But i would not boycott EA because they own a lot of companies and have a lot of good franchises i like .

And there probably not enough people who boycotts buggy, but good games for anyone see the effects.

Ubisoft does not care about PC gamers. On console their games are not connected to ridiculous DRM and install limits.

I'm semi-boycotting EA, just not buying stupid DLCs (latest Bioware games), unless it is from awesome developer like DICE or Popcap who were actual indie developers long time ago.

Honestly, the morale here?

Don't pre order anything, wait till about a week after release, watch gameplay, read reviews and forums. And then decide if you must buy the game, wait for bug fixes and content, wait for a sale or just never buy the game.

It is really that easy.

Ubisoft does not care about PC gamers. On console their games are not connected to ridiculous DRM and install limits.

Yeah, but i have good internet soo i don't see problems with them ... i would not put them as worst company.

like liked old BioWare games

FIXED

while i do agree - i think its not possible to get enough people to join in on that im afraid

Voting with our wallets is the ONLY way these companies pay any real attention to us. They won't change their policies until we FORCE them to.

Yeah, good luck with that...

I agree EA is a terrible publisher. But they also have some of the best dev houses. So do you honestly expect me to believe that you are not going to buy Titanfall?

Yes,I am not going to.The same way i didn't buy BF4,Mass Effect 3,Sim City or any of their late craptastic crappy games.

I only boycott bad games. If EA does something right, why not support that decision?

I only boycott bad games. If EA does something right, why not support that decision?

Are they doing something right?If they are sure,support that decision by all means but i see no such thing from EA right now.

With the shit going on with BF4, I have reached my boiling point. I don't feel like becoming angry and starting a massive online movement and invading every EA website to slander and mess up everything. I just want to speak out loud saying I hate EA for the damage they have caused to the whole game industry and I'm deliberately boycotting every product they produce/release under their banner, from now on. 

I can only hope that more and more people will feel the same way and that the same people eventually decide to boycot every product of EA. 

Message 2 EA: EA... when I first met you several years back, you only produced sports games and I loved you for that. When I grew older, I witnessed how you, as a company, grew bigger aswell. As a friend of yours I supported you and cheered you on. Every take-over you did, felt like a victory. For I thought that you, EA, would guide us, gamers, to a glorious era. BUT NOW, I realise that you are rotten 2 the core. You don't like me for being your friend, you just like me for my money.  I will no longer support you, I will no longer defend you, I will no longer care for you. I WILL BOYCOT you till the day I see your stockmarket crashing that leads to the end of your corrupted company and your evil tyranny. And on that day, I will celebrate for I will feel empowered and know that justice has prevailed! 

IGDK13 likes this

Even if EA is...shitty,...they have BioWare,....so I can't turn away from their games.

Oh,..and they have Battlefield....

As much as I hate EA's business practices, they do publish some good games.  So, I usually wait until a couple of weeks after launch before buying, because those first 2 weeks are the most important to a publisher, sales-wise.

Jim Sterling did a great video on boycotts.  Definitely worth a look :

The Anti-Santa and 2ofSpades like this

I stopped paying attention to EA's games after the mass effect 3 ending fiasco. They could've made it something special and fans even gave out perfect examples how to do that, but nope.

So yeah, I've been boycotting EA for over a year now I'd say.

IGDK13 likes this

I was going to write something long and significant but the video that Lord Leonan submitted pretty much covers everything I wanted to say. Thank you for bringing that up Leonan.

Lord Leonan likes this

i dont feel like it should be boycott but watched really closely

I hate it when companies do what EA does but if everyone doesn't buy titanfall or the next mass effect then there may never be another one of those games, to me that would be like shooting myself in the foot.

I could buy these games 'cause I love them but just refuse to purchase any of the DLC.

I've never really understood DLC. Ok, if the game is released as a whole then after the game is released they see what the fans want and create DLC for them then fine but this cutting out a chunk of the game and selling it to you?, I can't stand it.

To me it's like selling someone a Swiss Army Knife with half the attachments, then having to buy the other half of the attachments for the same price as the knife. ( if you get the metaphor haha )

I don't play EA games anymore. 

I disliked the Battlefield series from the start. (when I got to know them anyhow)

The first Crysis which was exclusive to PC was absolutely brilliant, after it got brought to console and then having to buy it behind the Origin Crapbag I didn't bother anymore.

I'm just not seeing the point in using Origin when Steam works so much better, at least it's a good deterent for games which I'd purchase if they were on steam.

Maybe I'll be buying one or two games that come out on console and I think are worth it, but on PC I'm done with EA. At least as long as they persist on having every game they publish be registered on Origin.

IGDK13 likes this

As much as I hate EA's business practices, they do publish some good games.  So, I usually wait until a couple of weeks after launch before buying, because those first 2 weeks are the most important to a publisher, sales-wise.

Jim Sterling did a great video on boycotts.  Definitely worth a look :

That video sums up my thoughts perfectly. I dislike some of EA's practices but to boycott EVERY product they make seems unreasonable and unfair to the developers of any game I'm actually interested in. I don't buy a lot of EA games anyway, but if something does catch my eye, I'll buy it.