• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Flying Potato

Are you religious?

Are you religious?   390 members have voted

1. 1. Are you religious?

• Yes, i'm Christian
    • Yes, i'm Catholic
    • Yes, i'm Jewish
    • Yes, i'm Muslim
    • Yes, i'm a Satanist
    • Yes, i'm Hindu
    • Yes, i'm a follower of a religion not listed in this poll
    • No, i'm an Atheist
    • I'm Agnostic

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

477 posts in this topic

Do we have to talk about religion on a website that's dedicated to gaming?

This is the general discussion section of the forum

I'm a Buddhist but I'm also an Atheist.

FYI aren't Christian and being a Catholic the same thing?

Christianity is a broad term. There's Orthodox Christianity, Catholic Christianity, and others. My parents raised me as an Orthodox Christian, but Catholic Christianity is much more common (especially with the fact that Catholics have a Pope while Orthodox Christians do not). I could get into the whole technical terms and history of it, but I won't bother. If you're interested, look up the Schism.

Christianity is a broad term. There's Orthodox Christianity, Catholic Christianity, and others. My parents raised me as an Orthodox Christian, but Catholic Christianity is much more common (especially with the fact that Catholics have a Pope while Orthodox Christians do not). I could get into the whole technical terms and history of it, but I won't bother. If you're interested, look up the Schism.

Same God, same people, why can't you guys just get along and just remove all those political system away. FYI by people I mean human.

No, never really think about it

I believe in science :D (therefore Atheïst, although I hate that word... who invented that word???) 

Criminal? We are businessman!!!

A rose by any other name...

I have no religion. Not an atheist though.

Agnostic then?

A rose by any other name...

I returned to the grey-side Aridan. I'm....free.

By the way did you see my request? xD

I am not religious, I am spiritual, I respect others beliefs. Although I think many of their ideals are a good idea, they are often taken too far and upheld by people who think questioning them at all is dogmatic. The idea of faith i believe is important though, as in the idea of believing in something greater than yourself, it's that capacity that gives someone a broader view of the world imo.

Leo~

I am an agnostic myself. I do respect if somebody draws his strength from his religion but if they turn into a preacher or use it to do something wrong I can't respect that at all.

Well im technically shinto, but I don't really believe much of anything. I really like shrines though, they are peaceful xD

I do hope that this thread does not turn into a flame war, that said, I am happy that this thread was made. I am personally of no religion.

Also, just to make one thing clear, if you do not believe in a god, you are, per definition, and atheist. Since the word litteraly just translates in "godless". All social norms attached to the word do not change the actual meaning of it

All will bow down to the one and only Corporate commander! !! Dlc!! DLC!! DLC!!

(This thread should not start any problems if everybody just respects each other ) :)

People are being civil thus far. That said, the thread is still young, and this is the internet after all

....yeah, I'll just say I have a bad feeling about this, as I think at some point somebody is going to forget to bring their sense of humor in to this topic and shit will hit the fan....

But, since you asked...

Atheist  :)

I'm a Christian myself and I don't discriminate against any other religions like most Christians now a day do. Being a "Protestant" is just fucking stupid. Let those that believe on someone or something "believe" and leave them be.

I'm a devout Haruhiist. ALL HAIL HARUHI!

Being completely serious now, I'm an atheist. That said, I'm not an anti-theist. People like TheAmazingAtheist annoy me just as they do most theists.

People are being civil thus far. That said, the thread is still young, and this is the internet after all

Religion threads usually take much less time to start blazing, in my experience. Regardless of whether it will or won't, that we've lasted this long says something about our community that puts me at ease.

Same God, same people, why can't you guys just get along and just remove all those political system away. FYI by people I mean human.

They each have different beliefs and/or practices since the Bible can be interpreted in many different ways. What some may see as metaphors, others see as commands.

I'm a devout Haruhiist. ALL HAIL HARUHI!

Being completely serious now, I'm an atheist. That said, I'm not an anti-theist. People like TheAmazingAtheist annoy me just as they do most theists.

Religion threads usually take much less time to start blazing, in my experience. Regardless of whether it will or won't, that we've lasted this long says something about our community that puts me at ease.

Just going to shut this down right now, let's not talk about the amazing atheist.

The amazing atheist also annoys me, but he does occasionally make valid points. Let us not sidetrack this thread about him, but mentioning him briefly is fine

' likes this

I do hope that this thread does not turn into a flame war, that said, I am happy that this thread was made. I am personally of no religion.

Also, just to make one thing clear, if you do not believe in a god, you are, per definition, and atheist. Since the word litteraly just translates in "godless". All social norms attached to the word do not change the actual meaning of it

If you are refering to me I would just like to say that shinto isn't really a full blown religion sorta. It's kinda hard to explain but it's more about preserving culture I guess, kinda hard to explain. Of course you might not be talking about me and I might appear like a dumbass, both are equally possible xD