• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

CannonFodder13

Do you prefer games to be highly single player based, multiplayer based?

33 posts in this topic

I was first asked this question by my friend who said he loved single player and he didn't play much of multiplayer. I my self prefer a balance between the two by making the single player re-playable and making the multiplayer addicting. (E.G. GTA V)

It varies for me I enjoy FPS online and I love dota, but I have small children at home so I have to pause frequently so I will always want an equal mix of the two.

Yeah I much prefer a great and well developed single player experience. I just tend to get bored with most multiplayer games pretty soon adn end up going back to a single player game I love. Right now playing Planescape Torment which is an incredible old school RPG I would recommend to everyone! Also The Witcher series is my favourite recent game series

Personally I like having a good single-player, that lets you relax, but nothing beats multiplayer when its skill you are looking for, no "npcs" can match a real player skill, meaning you get more competition out of multi

I used to be non stop multiplayer with the occasional story based game here and there. Over the last couple years that seems to have completely switched for me. I just love a great story now. Although, that could just be a lack of a multiplayer game im really interested in.

I am looking for a good multiplayer game to get into again but I think i'll wait for some next gen games to release. Hopefully Destiny.

I tend to play more single-player unless me and some friends got a game with multi-player in mind. What I miss is games with local co-op, there doesn't seem to be as many as there use to be back in the day. It used to seem like it was a standard for games.

i find the multiplayer parts in most games lacking a bit in gameplay sometimes but i really enjoy playing co-op games with my brother.

I'm fine with multiplayer in predominantly single player games as long as it makes sense and they make it unique enough. If it's tacked on then it's pointless.

I grew up on single-player games that had a fun splitscreen multiplayer mode to go with it. What I want in a game is a very good single-player campaign, but secondary to that, I really want local multiplayer. Online multiplayer is not something I really care too much for. I'll play it if it's there, but I won't get too fully engrossed in it.

I do mostly single player stuff as I get burned out on multiplayer very easily and I like to keep that experience to playing with my friends, not random people online.  I do play MMOs sometimes, and I get really into them when I have a good community to play with, and I will play FPS's online every once in a while, but for the most part I like to play single player only.

I'm more into singe player gaming but i have no problem with MP long as its not forced on by publishers

A great game developer should be focused on a great singleplayer and multiplayer experience. 

I prefer single player for the most part. My work requires me to interact with people every day, and I get QUITE enough of that. I don't need to have it in my gaming experience.

It depends on the game really, though Campaign based games with online co-op I do love. Like I really enjoy playing The Elderscrolls, Fallout ect but playing them with a online co-op would be amazing. I guess Single Player and Multi-player are each great on their own but I do like it when the lines blur a little.

I pretty much strictly play multiplayer games.   Last time I had fun with a single-player game was Mirror's Edge.

i love a great single player game because of the story and the people in it but mutiplayer is fun because you get to test your skills against others and see if your good or not

I enjoy singleplayer games that reward you for thinking outside of the box, give you lots of options, or a huge world to explore. Games like Deus Ex, Skyrim, Stalker and Dragon Age: Origins are great examples.

I do frequent multiplayer games like Battlefield, but it's very hard to find games that do both well.

i enjoy both, but if i had to pick between the two, i would choose single player unless the game is made for multiplayer. not many people prefer the battlefield single player over the multiplayer. 

Left for Dead had it right when they combined multiplier fun with little story telling through out the game. I really hate the fact that games like Call of Duty or Battlefield still persist on giving us "Story mode" (Campaign). They lack any heart and feel like second rate to the multiplayer. Most gamers skip story mode all together and never touch it. The same can be said about story driven games with tacked on multiplayer. 

Stick to what your good at.

If it has story in it, make it single-player!!!

Bio-sock Infinite has good writing and fleshed out characters within a driven Story mode……..

Lets staple on a shitty horde mode !

SO HARD TO DECIDE! umm singleplayer... because of mass effect... but wat about BF4? AHHH I CANT DECIDE! 

Bio-sock Infinite has good writing and fleshed out characters within a driven Story mode……..

Lets staple on a shitty horde mode !

I think this is the part where he offers you a job.

I think this is the part where he offers you a job.

All ready in dude.

Names Agent D9…….BADASS