• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
the2ndlove

Most disappointing Boss battles

30 posts in this topic

A boss battle that hangs in my mind is in marvel ultimate alliance 2 with Nick Fury. Needless to say the game was a huge let down but there were redeeming elements but what can make or break a game to me is the final boss and MY GOD I could literally count down his attack rhythm. After my friends and I throw down our controls in rage I sold the game for a whopping 5.84 thank you gamestop

post-25671-0-00077500-1384628325_thumb.j

Definitely gotta go with Le Paradox from Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time on this one. The entire final boss battle is powered by quick-time events and nothing else. I understand that Sanzaru Games were on a time constraint and couldn't flesh out a really bad-ass boss battle, but that was incredibly disappointing and definitely lowered my opinion of the game a little.

Definitely gotta go with Le Paradox from Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time on this one. The entire final boss battle is powered by quick-time events and nothing else. I understand that Sanzaru Games were on a time constraint and couldn't flesh out a really bad-ass boss battle, but that was incredibly disappointing and definitely lowered my opinion of the game a little.

This. I was just about to say this!! This was my first Sly game and I really enjoyed it too but all the other bosses were fun and inventive but the final one left a sour taste in a mouth. I'm not sure if you can even call it a boss, its more like QTE-heaven. -_-

The Farcry 3 boss battles weren't that great, well there were worse quick-time event bosses.

Satan in Dante's Inferno. He's evil incarnate! How can his bossfight feel so standard?

Far Cry 3, they had such great ideas for villians yet the fights were just bad and not fun.

Demon's Souls the Dragon God and King Allant. The Dragon God looked so intimidating but really all you do is shoot it with two giant crossbows, which drops it down to half health and then you just attack its head which doesn't do much to fight back except maybe breath fire if you are not quick enough to kill it when it first goes down.

Then King Allant, such a disappointing boss fight for a final boss. He doesn't really even put up a fight, it's more of you just killing him very slowly.

Dark Souls the Bed of Chaos. Again similar to the Dragon God, looks intimidating but is just annoying.

The most dissapointing boss battles for me was in Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker. I bought the HD edition, thinking that maybe some mechanics would be improved within the whole game, but it was still the same(heh, it rhymed). Shoot the boss with machine guns and rockets until it went into full retard mode, and pull some random cpu's to upgrade your metal gear. Great....

Every Boss battle In Deus EX: Human Revolution

PS: Electrocutioner in Arkham Origins

The fact that boss battles even where there in deus ex human revolution, pretty much it.

How about Fable 2 and 3? The disappointment lies in that the main villain in both games refuses to fight you. Where's the fun in that? Other than that, maybe the Didact in Halo 4. It was cool from a cinematic standpoint, but a quicktime event is kind of lame. There are a lot more but I can't think of any right now.

Nasty Note likes this

Most of the boss battle in Batman Arkham Origins. I think they could have done a better job with the boss fights. For the most part all you had to do was fight a group of enemies alongside the main villain. Deathstroke was at least different but very easy once you figured out how to fight him with one or two moves. Copperhead again group of enemies yet at least it made since but again very easy to beat with one move even on hard difficulty. Firefly was one of the better ones but that's because it was different from all the rest of the boring boss fights. Bane was clearly the best boss fight in the game in my opinion. If you want play a game with great boss fight play MGS3 Snake Eater.

far cry 3. just a quick time event and boom. dead.  FOR BOTH OF THE MAIN BAD GUYS!!!!!! i was shocked that that was all there was the first time, wasnt expecting him to die.  also i have to agree with deus ex. i love that game so much, but goddamn those fights were shitty

You guys are talking about how the bosses in Arkham Origins weren great, but remember Bane in Arkham Asylum? He was literally like all standard big guys!

At least in Arkham Origins they made him different from the normal enemies now.

Any boss battle that revolves around quick time event unless it has a really good payoff. But if I had to pick one it would be the pope in assassins creed 2.

The final boss of Dungeon Siege. Walked in, killed a guy under two minutes, waited for something to happen only to realize I had over leveled by about 21 levels. Seems the dev team weren't expecting Diablo players to jump into their game haha. 

Electrocutioner in Arkham Origins was fun.

I was all pumped for the first boss fight, thinking it would be the first test of skills.

Then I was like "huh, well batman is batman". Wasn't disappointing for me, just like a gag it was funny.

For me the game that comes to mind is Fight Night Champion Isaac Frost.

I could never beat him, he was such a ludicurous step up from the chumps you fought before him.

Thanks to Frost I never finished FNC

Every Boss battle In Deus EX: Human Revolution

PS: Electrocutioner in Arkham Origins

And Firefly! That was an awful boss battle!

Most of the boss battle in Batman Arkham Origins. I think they could have done a better job with the boss fights. For the most part all you had to do was fight a group of enemies alongside the main villain. Deathstroke was at least different but very easy once you figured out how to fight him with one or two moves. Copperhead again group of enemies yet at least it made since but again very easy to beat with one move even on hard difficulty. Firefly was one of the better ones but that's because it was different from all the rest of the boring boss fights. Bane was clearly the best boss fight in the game in my opinion. If you want play a game with great boss fight play MGS3 Snake Eater.

I hated the firefly battle. I just stood in one place spamming glue grenades and batarangs then using the batclaw when it told me to. Deathstroke was pretty good though, if only because it looked dynamic.

The last bosses in Gears of War 1 and 2. Both were very anticlimactic and simple. 

The last bosses in Gears of War 1 and 2. Both were very anticlimactic and simple. 

Ooh thats a good one!

Two of the worst for me were the Didact in Halo 4 and Lord Nemeroth from Space Marine, both really boring quick time events