• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

cronos92

Batman Vs Ironman

34 posts in this topic

Eh... I'm going with Ironman. 

Hand-to-Hand: Ironman would probably win. Batman could punch him but it wouldn't do anything to Ironman, but batman could probably dodge ironman's punches. Yet if Batman gets hit, its gonna hurt. 

Gadgets: I'm not a hardcore follower of either, but batman probably has some sort of EMP gadget that could shut down iron man, but tony stark is a genius and may have found a way to avoid an EMP blast. 

Yeah. It's definitely Ironman. 

Ironman would win, i think. The suit is just too powerfull for Batman to deal with it effectivley.

i wanna say ironman BUut urrr i cant urrrr noo help mee urrrrrrrh geek inside urrrr COMING OUT

tumblr_mbt2weCL1g1rtrx1ho1_400.gif

Venerum likes this

I feel like the far more interesting fight would be Batman in an Ironman suit vs Tony Stark in an Ironman suit. It makes the rules of the fight even and changes the dynamic of the question being asked.

Because then the question becomes: Does Batmans combat prowess win out over Tony Stark's technical expertise?

Batman, because he's Batman!

But serious answer, it would probably still be Batman. He's got everything Stark has and more! and can usually improvise well enough to know how to takedown foes that are clearly stronger than him. Also, he's a batty psychopath :P

Gareth Hunter likes this

I'm gonna have to go with Batman... Because he's Batman. 

There's also a lot more interesting villains in his universe anyway.

.... Also, he's a batty psychopath :P

Lets be fair, Tony Stark is just as crazy if not more so.

In term of smartness..i think batman and tony are in the same league..but in term in fighting and tactical skill batman all the way..also i think batman suit and iron man suit are made with the same material..the only difference is tony can fly..so for me is batman...

and by the way batman can hack the suit self explode :P

Anyone who says Batman I feel is biased towards the "he's Batman" attitude. As cool as Batman is, being a cool Superhero won't win you everything. If we're being completely rational and honest, most superheroes would probably kick Batman's ass in a fight. As powerful and smart as he is, he doesn't have powers, and he's only human. Iron Man in a suit could easily outstrength and outmaneuver Batman at any turn, and any gadget Batman throws at Iron Man is utterly insignificant to the suit he's wearing.  Plain and simple.

Short answer: Iron Man wins. 

MMXM01 likes this

Anyone who says Batman I feel is biased towards the "he's Batman" attitude. As cool as Batman is, being a cool Superhero won't win you everything. If we're being completely rational and honest, most superheroes would probably kick Batman's ass in a fight. As powerful and smart as he is, he doesn't have powers, and he's only human. Iron Man in a suit could easily outstrength and outmaneuver Batman at any turn, and any gadget Batman throws at Iron Man is utterly insignificant to the suit he's wearing.  Plain and simple.

Short answer: Iron Man wins. 

That's not fair to say. Batman is an expert strategist and has trained mentally to be able to formulate plans in less than the blink of an eye to take down those much stronger and faster than he is. Batman would win because he would be intelligent enough not to engage Ironman in a straight fight. He would stick to the shadows, analyze Ironman's capabilities and weaknesses and lead Ironman into a situation where he would defeat himself. It's like Aikido wherein Batman would use Ironman's own force against him. Bruce and Tony may both be geniuses, but Bruce has to rely on his mind entirely to defeat his enemies. Tony isn't a tactician or strategist in the way that Batman is. Brains before brawn.

cronos92 likes this

That's not fair to say. Batman is an expert strategist and has trained mentally to be able to formulate plans in less than the blink of an eye to take down those much stronger and faster than he is. Batman would win because he would be intelligent enough not to engage Ironman in a straight fight. He would stick to the shadows, analyze Ironman's capabilities and weaknesses and lead Ironman into a situation where he would defeat himself. It's like Aikido wherein Batman would use Ironman's own force against him. Bruce and Tony may both be geniuses, but Bruce has to rely on his mind entirely to defeat his enemies. Tony isn't a tactician or strategist in the way that Batman is. Brains before brawn.

Tony is a tactician, he's led whole armies of superheroes into battle under his command, I have more than enough reason to think he knows how to think in terms of fighting. And that's the problem right there with this kind of thing, you created a random situation in which you think Batman could win. You gave him time to think and study Iron Man while giving Iron Man absolutely no prep time. It's not exactly hard to tip these kinds of things in your favor when you give the hero of your choice the advantage. And even in that scenario, there is literally no way Tony freaking Stark could let a chump like Batman long enough to observe his "weaknesses and strengths." If Batman followed Iron Man for more than 5-seconds Iron Man would know about it because of all the sensors built into his suit. There is literally no way, in any kind of fair situation, Batman would have the time to stick around and "observe" Iron Man unopposed without Iron Man kicking his ass. 

MMXM01 likes this

Tony is a tactician, he's led whole armies of superheroes into battle under his command, I have more than enough reason to think he knows how to think in terms of fighting. And that's the problem right there with this kind of thing, you created a random situation in which you think Batman could win. You gave him time to think and study Iron Man while giving Iron Man absolutely no prep time. It's not exactly hard to tip these kinds of things in your favor when you give the hero of your choice the advantage. And even in that scenario, there is literally no way Tony freaking Stark could let a chump like Batman long enough to observe his "weaknesses and strengths." If Batman followed Iron Man for more than 5-seconds Iron Man would know about it because of all the sensors built into his suit. There is literally no way, in any kind of fair situation, Batman would have the time to stick around and "observe" Iron Man unopposed without Iron Man kicking his ass. 

And so has Batman. And Batman wouldn't need very long to observe Ironman. Especially considering he could do it while using all kinds of distractions and diversions to keep Tony on the defense. EMPs, explosive devices, smoke, flash bangs etc. would be efficient enough to keep Ironman from having enough time to even pin Batman down for a second. Batman is prepared to deal with foes using more than just brute force and a marginal amount of brains, by using his brain primarily.

And so has Batman. And Batman wouldn't need very long to observe Ironman. Especially considering he could do it while using all kinds of distractions and diversions to keep Tony on the defense. EMPs, explosive devices, smoke, flash bangs etc. would be efficient enough to keep Ironman from having enough time to even pin Batman down for a second. Batman is prepared to deal with foes using more than just brute force and a marginal amount of brains, by using his brain primarily.

None of those things really bother Iron Man in the least, his suit has been upgraded to the point where it can't be simply EMP'd, and smoke/flash can easily be filtered out through Iron Man's different vision modes in his helmet, things like that literally do nothing to stop Iron Man. Even then, Iron Man still has the advantage in strength, defense, and overall movement speed. There is literally no situation I can think of where Batman in his limited human speed can actually close any sort of distance on Iron Man. Even if he could what kind of damage is he going to do once he gets there? Iron Man's suit could easily take whatever kind of punch, explosive, or whatever Batman could possibly throw at him. And who's to say Batman could actually deal with super strength punches from a metal suit, or repulsor rays, or miniature rockets, or literally anything else Tony has on him at all times? Iron Man, because of his suit, is already prepared for far more situations than Batman will ever be.

MMXM01 and cronos92 like this

None of those things really bother Iron Man in the least, his suit has been upgraded to the point where it can't be simply EMP'd, and smoke/flash can easily be filtered out through Iron Man's different vision modes in his helmet, things like that literally do nothing to stop Iron Man. Even then, Iron Man still has the advantage in strength, defense, and overall movement speed. There is literally no situation I can think of where Batman in his limited human speed can actually close any sort of distance on Iron Man. Even if he could what kind of damage is he going to do once he gets there? Iron Man's suit could easily take whatever kind of punch, explosive, or whatever Batman could possibly throw at him. And who's to say Batman could actually deal with super strength punches from a metal suit, or repulsor rays, or miniature rockets, or literally anything else Tony has on him at all times? Iron Man, because of his suit, is already prepared for far more situations than Batman will ever be.

I applaud you, sir! You gave every argument I came here to voice words before I could even begin! The only thing I can further elaborate on is how Tony's suit is EMP resistant/proof (I'm not sure the extent of which). His suit now is made up entirely of carbon nanotubes. Carbon is unaffected by EMP, otherwise an EMP would vastly harm a human, being the carbon based beings we are. Outside of the suits, Bruce would beat Tony, no question asked. Inside, however, Ironman wins. Plus, the suit took more than a few whacks from Mjolnir and survived intact and functional, not to mention overcharged. I'm pretty sure Batman's Explosive Gel (or any other explosives) would be insignificant.

ReclaimedHavok and cronos92 like this

I applaud you, sir! You gave every argument I came here to voice words before I could even begin! The only thing I can further elaborate on is how Tony's suit is EMP resistant/proof (I'm not sure the extent of which). His suit now is made up entirely of carbon nanotubes. Carbon is unaffected by EMP, otherwise an EMP would vastly harm a human, being the carbon based beings we are. Outside of the suits, Bruce would beat Tony, no question asked. Inside, however, Ironman wins. Plus, the suit took more than a few whacks from Mjolnir and survived intact and functional, not to mention overcharged. I'm pretty sure Batman's Explosive Gel (or any other explosives) would be insignificant.

Glad someone agrees with me! Thanks for the backup.

Glad someone agrees with me! Thanks for the backup.

No problem, my friend. Just wait until someone busts out the Superman/Avengers argument. The DC fanboys (no offense, Joe, but I'm talking about the bad ones) don't want to accept how easily some Marvel heroes can beat the Man of Steel. Magic. AKA Thor, Scarlet Witch, Dr. Strange. etc. The list goes on.

No problem, my friend. Just wait until someone busts out the Superman/Avengers argument. The DC fanboys (no offense, Joe, but I'm talking about the bad ones) don't want to accept how easily some Marvel heroes can beat the Man of Steel. Magic. AKA Thor, Scarlet Witch, Dr. Strange. etc. The list goes on.

I dunno about that. I'm a Marvel guy, through and through, but I feel anything vs Superman is kind of a pointless argument. The Avengers (Movies or Comics) would definitely put up a good fight, but we all know that in the end, Superman always wins. He doesn't lose, it's just how he is. There's not a whole lot to debate with Superman VS anyone else I think. :P

Is prep time involved in this or are they running into each other from off the street?

I'm just going off of what I've seen in the movies so I'll admit I don't know much about Iron Man. I'm a DC guy.

And I've tried googling it and found that the only real weakness Iron Man has is against magic and brute strength. To me that makes him TOO strong. Superman is at least vulnerable to Kryptonite and magic. Batman is obviously vulnerable to the same things we are so we know his physical limits. Have they ever stated exactly how much damage resistance and what level of strength Iron Man has?

I guess in the end there really is no way to say who would win because it would all come down to whoever is writing the story. 

This one is hard. People say that batman can beat anyone if he is prepared, but in this case i don't think he can win. Some think that ironman is realy stupid and that batman could detonate an EMP and shut down his suit, but i think he would have been prepared like when he fought magneto and is armor wasn't made of metal so that magneto couldn't control him. (pardon my english)

I have to go with Iron Man for the win.

I saw some comments saying batman could use some kind of EMP device, but wouldn't the great Tony Stark have thought of that. I'm willing to bet the iron man suit has plenty of EM shielding. Otherwise it would be way to easy to render him useless. You could probably use parts from a microwave to take him down if he didn't think of that kind of thing. lol. If he didnt think of it Jarvis would have. :)