• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pyroking

Do you watch Esports?

16 posts in this topic

Hi.

Do you watch esports? what games do you watch especially? What events do you follow?

I'm huge fan of Dreamhack events, and it's tournaments. The games i like to watch is CS:GO, Starcraft 3 and any dota gametype. 

The funny thing is that i don't play games like Starcraft or dota. The whole experience of watching some pro players in a tournament, is really something beyond gaming when it comes to gaming in a regular sense for me. The hype and the cheer of a crowd at a event, combined with the gaming experience, makes it even more entertaining to follow. 

What are your thoughts? do you rather play the games yourself, or do you also enjoy watching high level gaming as well?

I have heard of it, but haven't really tried it yet. Can someone recommend me on how to start with it? Because I am kind of intrigued by the idea of watching professional gamers. And is there also like a Magic the Gathering-related something I can watch?

I really only watch big events these days like Evo, Wcs, and the international. As for the comment above me MOG turnys are on twitch all the time when I browse it.

Platina32 likes this

No,it would be the same as watching sports.Why watch someone else have fun when i could be the one having fun?

pyrofox1313 likes this

I used to watch a bit of League of Legends when I was really into that, now a days I'm like what ever.

No,it would be the same as watching sports.Why watch someone else have fun when i could be the one having fun?

You stole my answer. :P

I really like the competition elements in games. So when watching somebody who really know how to play the game on a high level, i can learn new tactics, aim control or whatever the pro gamers is capable of. Sometimes the shear skill of the player is what makes me baffled and awed. It could be insane headshots or awesome tactics. 

This is a "frag highlight" video of some of the high level gamers out there at tournaments.

I love E-sport. Ive been watching Twitch WAY more than regular TV.

Im a huge Fps e-sport fan.

Quake tournaments just blow my mind with how Fast and accurate some human beings are.

I suspect a Skynet pretty soon.

Personally, I just really hate that they call it "E-sports".   Playing video games is not a sport, for fuck's sake.

But I do respect the professionals.

I do not watch them though.

Every once in a while i have but not to often. 

I only watched Dota2 internationals that happened this year. Quite enjoyed it, specially the finale ;)

Nah, very rarely. I watch the ocassional LoL game.

I did watch some Dota matches from the Internationals but otherwise not anymore no.