• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ReclaimedHavok

How much do you care about achievements/trophies?

40 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I was wondering how other people felt about achievements and trophies. I'm asking because, recently, I've been on a big achievement kick trying to reach 100,000 gamerscore, and throughout my Xbox career, I feel like achievements can really add to how long I play a game and how much enjoyment I get out of it. It's gotten to the point where I'll actually critique a game based on good/bad achievements, or if an achievement is glitchy, etc. So my question is, do you care about them, and how do they impact how you game?

I don't really care about them, if I get them I get, if I don't, I don't. The only time I really go for completing a games trophies or achievements is when I know I really enjoy the game a lot and the trophies/achievements can give a few ideas on what I could do in a game. They can extend the life of a game depending on whether I all ready enjoy the game or not.

Wyse likes this

I really don't care for them, but recently I have cause I'm trying to catch up to my buddies scores. 

Zero, I see zero point in doing stuff like hear 250 of Rise's navigation lines in P4G nop. Beat the game all that matters to me.

I care enough to show off what I have accomplished in the games I've played. But judging a game by its trophies, I feel, is wrong. I have played games that were great and had terrible trophies sets and vice versa but I always judge a game on its own merits and not also with trophies. I always play the game first then do the trophies when I get the full gaming experience from beating the game. I always try and platinum the games I play.

Well, honestly only care so far as it seems Playstation at least has implemented an out-of-game reward system with their 'greatness awaits' promo.

It depends on the game really. If I like the game I will try to get all of the achievements. If the game was mediocre, I could really care less.

I care about trophies but it depends on the game really.

I like collecting trophies! I care, I must admit.

Not going to do something boring/repetitive like they usually are just to get a pop-up saying I did it.

Didn't achieve them during beating the game? Doesn't matter

I don´t care much for trophies.

The weird thing is I got them all for games I hated (like ff13, 13-2) just so I can say "yeah I saw every part of the game, I can prove it, I hate it now shut up about this game"

I don't really care that much about achievements, but some of them are hard as hell to get, and when that happens I have a lot of fun trying to unlock them (sometimes frustration je je XD), but when you finally get that achievement you wanted to unlock, you get this great feeling of satisfaction, at least that's how it is for me.

honestly i never give a shit about achievements/trophies on consoles

the only game i ever even liked having an achievement was on Minecraft and it was on PC

theres SOME games where i really care but its more often than not on PC and its on very few specific games

I'm not worried about unlocking them when playing games

I only care for trophies/achivements for games I really like or really care about. The only times I've actually cared of getting all trophies for a game is when I enjoy the game and want to add more replay value out of it.

I love achievements but it will depend on the game if I actually try to get 100 percent for a game.

And I never bother with multiplayer achievements. Never. Ever.

rangerofthewest likes this

I think I have no PS3 platin achivement and maybe 3 or 4 games on steam that I have 100% in. Even if I like a game to death I find some achivements just boring. If I get them fine otherwise I don't care

zawisz likes this

I'm in the "depends on the game" camp for the most part.  I'll go out of my way for an achievement if it sounds like fun, but not as much if it's a chore to do.  The goals for, well, achieving, should be more about having fun in gaining them rather than feeling obligated to reach bizarre or inane goals.

Dont care that mutch, just for some games not that many...

I personally don't care that much about achievements or trophies unless it's a game I really like playing and don't mind getting all the trophies for.

It is a fun incentive to replay games, however I honestly don't pay attention to them in the first playthrough. If I want to replay a game, it is usually simply have a good time. Sometimes I will go for certain achievements, but honestly now I more or less am indifferent.