• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

DoctorEvil

War Thunder - VOTE PASSED

War Thunder   189 members have voted

1. 1. Should AJSA officially support War Thunder?

• Yes! I promise to play it regularly!
    • No. I wont be playing it often enough.
    • Yes, but wait until a major expansion first.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

102 posts in this topic

I would play it :)

I honestly can't think of many games that aren't grindy.

true that

The wingman is absolutely indispensable. I look after the wingman. The wingman looks after me. It's another set of eyes protecting you. That the defensive part. Offensively, it gives you a lot more firepower. We work together. We fight together. The wingman knows what his responsibilities are, and knows what mine are. Wars are not won by individuals. They're won by teams.

— Lt. Col. Francis S. "Gabby" Gabreski, USAF, 28 victories in WWII and 6.5 MiGs over Korea.

​to the skies brothers. to the skies we shall go, and for Angry Joe we shall concur the world of War Thunder

Major_Muffins 

AndryB07 likes this

War Thunder would be a awesome choice for the Angry Army!

No, it's not a very good sim. I'd recommend Rise of Flight. It's F2P and has a much better community.

No, it's not a very good sim. I'd recommend Rise of Flight. It's F2P and has a much better community.

Warthunder is arcade compare to Rise of Flight but there the Full-real game mode witch you can play and it pretty good sim (not as Rise of Flight level but good)

I play rise of flight and it one of the best simulator that I play but it not for everybody. You need tone of flying experience on flight sim or you have to train yourself for hours to be decent at this game. (plus the F2P of rise of flight include only 2 or 3 plane and you have to pay to get the rest)

Warthunder is more open to new player and I think people would play more warthunder that Rise of flight (it still a damn good game) since it more open to new player who never play a game like this one.

SamuraiZero likes this

War Thunder is an amazing game, I'm currently level 13 in Germans, 8 Americans, 6 Russians, 5 British, and 5 Japanese. In my experience, and adding on to what Dr. Evil said, it is very troubling to get past certain levels, especially with nations that aren't Russia or Britain. I'd say it starts to feel like a grind at level 10, but all and all it's really an excellent game. Even though it's in Beta, you certainly won't be able to tell. The only glitches I've seen so far are very minor (outside of the Katana wings on the Zero) and mostly dealing with ground units rolling up a mountain with a 85% incline, or falling off of the cliff into the water below to continue rolling on. I'll add what I already know in another thread for newbies, or even for other veterans to add on.  

today i was about to change my squadron name to unofficial Angry Show Army squadron 

but I have to Repay to change the name (soo I will wait for the official name)

YES

I will be playing it but at the same time I'm a BF JET HOE. Also I don't have that much time to play all those cool games ;(

Last time I played ANY game was more or less 10 days ago ;(

Lets conquer the skies & the ground at the same time. Hey, if we ever need to conquer the seas? We can become honorable Japanese by going kamikaze on those ships!!! XD

(EDIT) On another note, it reminds me of playing Red Baron 3D...EPIC GAME.

Normally running with the Allied Sopwith Camel and just pwning any German plane or planes I would happen across with my squadron. Great WWI simulator, but this is WWII and further.

Now for the on-topic part...The Red Army will always prevail! XD

seriously, when will the council make a decision? i know, the voting takes time, and we only have 90 people that say they will absolutely play the game, but 90 people is actually a really big number in this game, when Squadrons only have between 60-100 members if they are popular. also, you can only fly in a Flight of your friends at a time (four aircraft), so we would have up to over 22 Flights of players at any given time, enough to fill up over 2 full games at a time. i;m not saying that the council will pass this at all, but i just wish they would give us some sort of answer.

AveragePegasus likes this

this game is the major challenger for Wargaming.net games such as World of Tanks, World of Warplanes and World of Warships

Pros:

bigger maps

3 different play mode from arcade to realistic to real simulation

damage done realistically not by hit points

everything is unlockable for free as long as you meet the in-game requirements (like shoot 30 enemies etc)

does not have insane 7-8 tier mix battles (unless playing historical scenarios like the battle of britain on a swordfish lol)

cons:

making an outfit/clan/squadron cost real ca$h (might change might not)

custom paint either costs gold eagles (rarely available for free and even then in little ammounts) or real ca$h

tanks and ships yet to come (tanks are available in close beta)

all in all - WAR THUNDER > WAR GAMING NET

this game is the major challenger for Wargaming.net games such as World of Tanks, World of Warplanes and World of Warships

Pros:

bigger maps

3 different play mode from arcade to realistic to real simulation

damage done realistically not by hit points

everything is unlockable for free as long as you meet the in-game requirements (like shoot 30 enemies etc)

does not have insane 7-8 tier mix battles (unless playing historical scenarios like the battle of britain on a swordfish lol)

cons:

making an outfit/clan/squadron cost real ca$h (might change might not)

custom paint either costs gold eagles (rarely available for free and even then in little ammounts) or real ca$h

tanks and ships yet to come (tanks are available in close beta)

all in all - WAR THUNDER > WAR GAMING NET

Let me correct you on two things

1) Wrong. 'Custom Paint' as you call it can be defined as either camos or decals. All of them (except I believe 2 to 5 limited ones) are obtainable for free, HOWEVER earlier unlocking can be done through Golden Eagles. You can unlock all of them over time, doing specific activities, often with a specific plane.

2) I don't see how "tanks and ships yet to come" is a con. It's not even a feature yet, how the heck is it a con? O.o

Tank are super close to be release and im curious how it going to work with the plane

!ger_tank_tree_eng.jpg!ussr_tank_tree_eng.jpg

Im curious if the tank for warthunder are going to be better that world of tank (and that a good game)

I think that with the customization options available, the AJSA could really make a name in that by having everyone color their planes to a specific color motif using the colors of the Angry Army - Black, Red and with White Stripes.

Yes, I support this decision.

Yes I would play, and I agree that customization option would change a lot. I hope this gets some support

Halbin likes this

The customization is limited in the game.

Not all the plane can be painted and the one witch can be repaint are base on WW2 paint (soo no red black and white plane)

but you can put logo on the plane on the plane but it limited to some logo based on WW2,

maybe later they will ad something to make the systems squadron more that a  -AJSA- next to your name.

They are still working on the squadron systems.

captainroyy likes this