• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Drogoran

is 125 ping to much?

28 posts in this topic

so yeah as the topic says i got around 125 ping to us server is that to much?

reason i ask is that i curently suffer from sleep problems and the eu server is empty during night time

killerdox likes this

125 isn't too bad, I usually sit round 30, but 125 is acceptable.

killerdox likes this

i find in most games 125 is ok but in fps i try for under 60

I don't know would you then say it's okay for a European to play on an American server?

It feels like it's too far away to work right.

Where possible I like to keep my servers in the low 100's so yea, 125 is perfectly acceptable to play on.

I don't know would you then say it's okay for a European to play on an American server?

It feels like it's too far away to work right.

I played on the US servers with not many issues with latency. Think my ping was around 100.

I personally draw the line at 100ping beyond that I rather not play on a server

I played on the US servers with not many issues with latency. Think my ping was around 100.

That's perfectly within the range, you might get people anal about low ping but you won't lag or ruin the game for anyone.

ok well il give a twirl tonight i gues ^^

just wanted to check before i tried ^^

too much for a game like that imo

So much gives me a headache, and as a fellow Swede I wonder how in earth you have such a high ping nowadays. I can understand why, but I'd say that over 100 is a bit too much. It's not A LOT or unplayable, but it's just a bit too much.

As long as the servers are east coast I'm absolutely fine.. I average around 90ms to NY and many east coast servers... Strangely I (being in London) can actually get a better ping to US east coast servers than some of my friends on the US west coast... Most likely just more straightforward routing. In response to OP; have you tried the Russian servers? I get better pings to some RU servers than the states, and there's usually some hardcore servers running full 24/7.

My ping is either 280 or it is 300. I guess its my global location.

I get around 90-100ms to the US East Coast server, which I find fine.

My ping is either 280 or it is 300. I guess its my global location.

As long as you enjoy the game I'm not stopping you. That is a lot of delay though, like playing turn based FPS.

Like most others here have said, ~100 should work just fine. You need to go more towards the 200 mark before things tend to get problematic.

Given the state of the horrible netcode, I would personally kick you if I saw that. It punishes players with lower ping, because you'd be that guy shooting around corners. Nothing personal, I blame no one but DICE and EA.

As much as I like the ~30 ping of the US servers, the 90-120 of the EU servers is not too bad. The game really seems to be affected when you get to ~190 or so.

125 ping isn't too bad especially if you don't have any other choice. The only decent HC Conquest CQB server I could find in my region was in China at around 115. So it was either that or suffer one more round of Conquest Large on Golmud Railway. AKA the worst map for infantry ever. 

Well following the NORM,  25-100 is Great, 100-200 is playable, 300-400 you should replace your PC or upgrade

Well following the NORM,  25-100 is Great, 100-200 is playable, 300-400 you should replace your PC or upgrade

I'm not sure if upgrading component pieces would really solve a ping issue. Your best bet would be simply to find closer servers, and failing that perhaps looking into purchasing a better internet plan.

If you were playing WoW , 40ms would be unplayable rage territory.  :lol:

Set up your router's QoS to give your ip a minimum guaranteed uplink of at least 120 Kbps and downlink of anything over 2000 Kbps.

If you really want to trim it down to the 20ms and lower mark this will do it (I find things start to go a bit weird after time though) : http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info13581-LeatrixLatencyFix.html

I never EVER in my life played BF on less than 150 ping... Even in my country servers. My normal ping on US is 160~180.