• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

MakoFrost

Microsoft paid for smashed PS4s on Launch day.

49 posts in this topic

For those of you who are not aware, there is a video going around You Tube of a kid who jsut got a PS4 who smashed it, apparently he was paid by Microsoft to do this. The video for the one I saw is as follow:

Wow when there are some people who can't buy these due to financial restrictions or because they have sold out and they go and do this.  Paid by MS or not, this is still really douchy. Where did you see he was paid by MS?

what the fuck lol

either Xbucks fanboy trying to piss others who dont have their PS4 yet or he really did get paid by Mstuff to do this in public

or maybe hes just plain retard?

Why? Just why? Why must people do this to a brand new console?

Wish i had the money to do that lol :)

Are you fucking kidding me!? Why the hell would you do that at all. Paid or not! If MIcrosoft did, we will find out. Hopefully not. I still have respect for MS. I have 5 other people living with me. (my parents, my wife and my 2 kids and my mom is disabled) Im the only one working at the moment. I can't get mine til the beginning of the year. I think Joe needs to say something about this. Very disappointed about this situation.

LegendxKiller28 likes this

Well that didn't hurt sony the dumbass still payed for it :lol:

I think this is just normal traditional thing to do with every sought after new electronic product released. I remember when the PS3 launched and there was a video of a guy that after receiving his launch  system, proceeded to smash it in front of the rest of the people waiting in line. Same thing happened when the second iPhone adaptation was released a few years back. It's just a publicity stunt. Funny, but just something to get peoples feathers in a twist.   

I think this is just normal traditional thing to do with every sought after new electronic product released. I remember when the PS3 launched and there was a video of a guy that after receiving his launch  system, proceeded to smash it in front of the rest of the people waiting in line. Same thing happened when the second iPhone adaptation was released a few years back. It's just a publicity stunt. Funny, but just something to get peoples feathers in a twist.   

traditions or not

this shit pisses me off, i wont even get my PS4 before Feb 2014, id knock that little prick out if he was infront of me  :angry:

you know your shit is fucked up when i want to knock you out good

SHIMOSA likes this

I think the real issue his is people saying that "MS paid him to smash his PS4", not the fact he's smashing one.

And, of course they never.

Happened alot at last release to.

People started "kickstarters" for destroying Xboxes and PS3s on release, it is kindof a fun thing.

You pay a dollar or whatnot and then you get to see hundreds of peoples sad faces and fanboys rage on forums :D

traditions or not

this shit pisses me off, i wont even get my PS4 before Feb 2014, id knock that little prick out if he was infront of me  :angry:

you know your shit is fucked up when i want to knock you out good

Actually it just tells me you have issues ;)

Smokers spend around(hardcore spend alot more) 3000$ yearly, do you go knocking them fools out on the street aswell.. because you could have used THEIR money better :D

Happened alot at last release to.

People started "kickstarters" for destroying Xboxes and PS3s on release, it is kindof a fun thing.

You pay a dollar or whatnot and then you get to see hundreds of peoples sad faces and fanboys rage on forums :D

hmmm i see what you did there :D

i love when fanboys rages on forums LOLZ

still pisses the crap out of me considering ill get my PS4 MUCH later and miss the Destiny beta, it seriously makes me psycho-state! >.<

wow really come on Microsoft if this is the case there are plenty of other people that want this console and to have him do this is just a dick move. 

Actually it just tells me you have issues ;)

Smokers spend around(hardcore spend alot more) 3000$ yearly, do you go knocking them fools out on the street aswell.. because you could have used THEIR money better :D

heh

theres definitly a difference between smashing a sweet console at launch where not even everyone will be able to get one (i nearly had the moneys to buy 1 during the preorders but when i was going to preorder one, i got told the preorders were disabled now at Sony's demand, we all know why)

and because of this im gonna miss Destiny's beta (i preordered it)

the only bright side is im likely to get a bug-less PS4 and still going to play Destiny, it royally pisses the shit out of me :V

people smoking just ruins their body, if they would buy a cigarette pack and just stomp the whole pack on the ground when theres a cigarette shortage (lets assume i wanted to smoke some too) id definitly punch him too

its a matter of public behavior and community respect

these morons smashing the consoles like that are definitly doing something good making the fanboys raging but also a very bad thing that outshadows the good action completly

Maurice likes this

Wow that is a sad thing to do, he already paid for it so he's already helping Sony

Seriously, this kid got issues. It's not like he has any reason other than wanting to be cool and getting attention. "Look losers, I already have the thing you all want so badly, but because I'm badass I'm going to destroy it in front of your eyes" - Could you be any more of a scumbag? 

I wouldn't think that MS paid him though.. I mean, why would they?

how do you know if MS payed this kid? Still I don't understand why he did it 

That guy is a effing attention whore, shit i just... ah... everytime I see a video like this I die a little on the inside,

not to mention it made my PSX and PS2 cry.

F***!!!

MS did not pay anyone to break PS4 consoles. Let us get that fact straight. It would be suicide for MS to do this... so no they did not pay anyone to publicly destroy a competitor's console.

If someone really hated Sony or hated the PS4, they STILL would not pay 400 USD up front to destroy something. Nobody would do this unless they had something substantial to gain. No, they most likely gained something, to compensate for the money lost. Either it was not their money or their console (picking it up for a mate) and their mate screwed them over (people have done far worse when *their* girlfriend was *stolen* by their mate) so most likely they have something to gain by doing this.

This is messed up, he spent all of this money and time at the store just to do this? What a disgrace towards himself. He shouldn't even be allowed to hold a Playstation.

Fanboys dont realize they are hurting gaming. Innovation and competition makes for better games and consoles.