• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Twisted Chi

Playstation 4 Sales: 1 million in first 24 hours

22 posts in this topic

https://twitter.com/yosp/status/402014678244524032

Some context:

At launch, PS3 sold 0.19M in 2 weeks in the US. It took them about 50 days to ship 1 million units in NA

Wii sold 1.25M in the first 42 days in NA

Xbox 360 sold 0.9M units in the first 39 days in NA

SimplyMonkey likes this

That's great news.  A large community means more potential for exclusive games in the future and a better multiplayer community.  I love this news.  Happy to say I'm one of the million and I love the system so far.

Nasty Note, MMXM01 and rairoken16 like this

well at least the numbers werent wrong and most people held to their choice despite having to wait

im happy for Sony, im not impressed tho, i was actually expecting this since Sony had to disable preorders due to PS4 shortage, they just couldnt meet the unexpected high-demand

the reason is they changed plans right after Microstuff ripped themselves with the XboxCon, leaving Sony unprepared to public reaction (in this case, overwhelming demand)

lets just say not even Sony saw it coming until the last minute

Thats great! :)

Good job SONY! Now I hope they utilize this good fortune and not leave us with a drought of games till next holiday. 

Good job Sony. I'm curious to see how the Xbox one does now. Could this be an example of the effect of bad first impressions or has Microsoft managed to win back enough of their supporters? Guess we'll find out next week

Bravo to them, let's hope they finally have a truly profitable division.

Sony not being able to meet demand where I live Best Buy and other stores are still in stock. I am glad that Sony is doing well on launch though. Microsoft I am sure will do just as well , the bad PR stunts by them did not affect them as much as people think. 

Sony not being able to meet demand where I live Best Buy and other stores are still in stock. I am glad that Sony is doing well on launch though. Microsoft I am sure will do just as well , the bad PR stunts by them did not affect them as much as people think. 

Indeed, one thing I learnt from my business studies class in highschool 10 years ago, is that no press is bad press. Unless your on the front page snorting a line of coke off a hookers thighs, then you're an exception to the rule.

I litterally heard nothing about PS4 cause everyone was screaming @ XB1

And people have been waiting what, 7-8 years for these new consoles? Certainly had the time to save for em!

I litterally heard nothing about PS4 cause everyone was screaming @ XB1

according to Kotaku article Sony said 0.04% might have defect. Which means only 400 of these ps4's might have BLOD. 

Well, that's much fewer than i expected.

according to Kotaku article Sony said 0.04% might have defect. Which means only 400 of these ps4's might have BLOD. 

Well, that's much fewer than i expected.

There's been a figure of 0.4% knocking about also. 00.4% just seems far to unrealistic to me.

Yeah the numbers are awesome! I'm really happy the PS4 did so well!

There's been a figure of 0.4% knocking about also. 00.4% just seems far to unrealistic to me.

Yeah 0.4% is far more realistic and even that is very low for any electronics product. So far so good I would say

The sales numbers are defiantly not surprising. We all knew that the sales for both consoles are doing to be huge. Hopefully there will be a lot of cool games come out in the next year.

Great news! I'm glad to see the gaming market isn't in as much dire straits as some people believe.

Congratulations to Sony! Now I'm curious how the XOne does in comparison!

And that figure will get a lot higher when Europe gets it as well as lets face it Europe is Sony land besides the UK and that may soon be changing. 

Sony did a lot right this time, no crazy price to get blu ray out there, no being late to the game and no drm/other negative publicity the competition had.

Sony definitely learned from their ps3 launch and I think MS will learn from their mistakes this time too although I cant really trust MS to give accurate numbers on their sales. 

I'm happy the console is doing great, it means there will be more people to play with at launch and enjoy multiplayer.

While that's great, I don't think I'll ever get used to the people I always see visiting my local store that clearly don't have much interest in anything besides your usual shooter stuff. Maybe their snapbacks are blocking all the other games, I dunno.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0