• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

CaptFace

Mount and Blade: Warband, anyone else here still playing?

28 posts in this topic

I'm about to hit my 250th hour playing since I picked it up again on steam. Anyone else get addicted to this game like I do, break that addiction, then start it over again when a new, really cool mod comes out?

Current mods: 

Floris

Prophesy of Pendor

A Clash of Kings 

silence0000 likes this

Hell yeah! Best "kill them with swords and arrows!" game EVER!! Gotta love the 100vs100 online matches... Napoleonic Wars is extremly good as well!  Steam says I played it for 140 hours but that must be a lie! I feel like i spent ages in that game

Mount&Blade is a very good series. But it would have died horribly if it were not for the modding community. Floris and Gekokujo Mod FTW   

Mount&Blade is a very good series. But it would have died horribly if it were not for the modding community. Floris and Gekokujo Mod FTW   

I'll have to check out Gekokujo. I've never tried it

awesome game picked up for like 5$ 300 hours into very worthy of 5$ for such a great game with awesome moding community can't wait for Banerlord

Eff yeah, this game is great! I don't play it much though, on account of not very active multiplayer

I love playing vanilla, usually as Khergit. I'm into the history of Mongols and Huns.

Love M&B WB i easily put 250+ hours into it wish they would put more strategy games like this on consoles and not just pc's.

Maybe we will see the sequel on a console. MB: Warband had native xbox controller integration, which proved to be an interesting experiment after a long day of using KB:M

JSkidds2294 likes this

It has a long play-life with mods and the nature of the game. I keeps me playing until the Mount and Blade 2 comes out. I am still waiting on my Lord of the Rings mode for it though... Someone make it already :D

Great to see I'm not the only one. Now I have tons of new mods to check out. I might even go play vanilla again. M&B is a fun game made great by its modding community. Mods and community support have to be my favorite reason to remain part of the PC "master race".

Also, has anyone tried one of the persistent world, multiplayer mods recently or did they kinda die out? 

Really i didn't know i could use a controller on this game great to know thanks!

Why would you do that?Seriously?Why?

The novelty of it. The comfort perhaps, as laying back with a controller in hand can be much more comfortable (and would avoid stress that leads to carpal tunnel). There can be a number of different reasons.

I love this game 140 hours and still going strong just waiting on someone to make a galactic conquest mod for warband and not just mount and blade the original :P

Great to see I'm not the only one. Now I have tons of new mods to check out. I might even go play vanilla again. M&B is a fun game made great by its modding community. Mods and community support have to be my favorite reason to remain part of the PC "master race".

Also, has anyone tried one of the persistent world, multiplayer mods recently or did they kinda die out? 

Well, there is the Full invasion 2 mod, but that had its glory days some time ago. It is still possible to find good matches but you might have to wait a while and you also might suffer from lag. But Full invasion 2 is so fun with friends, or if someone is streaming and you join them.   

Because i started as a console gamer at 3 1/2 years old and prefer game pads because of it in my opinion mice/ keyboards and game pads are equal its all about comfort and preference.

I haven't really used any mods for it at all, except an poorly implemented hair mod.
I wish there were better hair options in the game <.<

I do love M&B Warband though. Haven't put that many hours in it but I love it.
Though I must say that I am terrible at the combat because the computer or players are always faster than me and it just pisses me off on such a huge scale that I just opted to ride a horse and shot arrows - but then I take an arrow to the head. Of course. Still love the game though.

I just love the Mount And Blade games. I've bought the collection when it was on sale. And i instantly fell in love with it. It took some time to get a grasp of the singleplayer but when i finally got it, it got realy addicting. The giant multiplayer battles are so much fun too, from sieging a castle with 100 players to having a 100 vs 100 linebattle in napoleonic wars. I also cant wait for Bannerlord!

Can't wait 'til Bannerlord comes out.

Very fun game I played vanilla, many mods...online, and even some Online Co-op mods of it.  I still play it occassionally

Great game. Played it for days alone and with my best friend. Than again with mods. But i had my probs in multiplayer with the Blocking without a shield XD i didnt got the neck of it.

But for Multiplayer, there came Chivlary, War of the Roses and now War of the Vikings.

Iam totally in for War of the Vikings, cuz more tacitcal than Chivlary and more action then War of the Roses, the Perfect mix. ANd i would like a new Singleplayer Mode with the system of War of the Vikings. There i can block without a shield finally XD