• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Unresolute

AngryJoe please dont stop streaming!

26 posts in this topic

Ok, so i dont know how many of you watched AJ's stream last night, but if you did you would knew that he got really pissed off at one point at what people were writing in the chat and said "Im never streaming gameplay again btw". Here is the link to when it happens: http://www.twitch.tv/m/308835

Now lemme give you a bit of backstory. So Joe was really tired, the game was at a really repetitive scene, and he died couple of times and seemed abit upset. At some point Joe meleed a explosive spider out of boredom at this smartass from the chat says something like : he says he knows so much about the game and he just meleed an explosive spider... Of course that pissed off Joe so he tells the guy hes being a smartass and that they should stop, after which some more trolls start saying: "Unfair review incoming". Now that completely pissed Joe off after which he said that hes not gonna stream gameplay again.

After that Joe explains how he cant ignore the trolls and he cares about what everyone thinks and he cant shut himself off for the negative comments. Link: http://www.twitch.tv/m/308872

And I respect that, the man loves his followers and cares about them, however, Joe if you are reading this lemme tell you something right now, ive seen many streams, for all sorts of games, and not matter the game, be it LoL, WoW, Dota, Hearthstone or any other singleplayer game, EVERY SINGLE ONE has the same problem. I swear, there is NO STREAM that doesnt have stupid people bitching about stupid stuff, that doesnt have trolls wanting to ruin the fun. And since you cant ignore them i have a suggestion.

Now, i dont know how many mods you currently have on twitch, but it definitely isnt enough. What you need is atleast 2 or more mods always online when u are streaming. And these mods cant be afraid of banning people. I recommend starting with 500 second bans if somebody says something stupid, followed with a much longer ban, and than if he still talks shit permament ban.

Just wanted to say, streaming is a great way to connect with your army man, and it would be stupid to stop it just because of some minor problems that can be solved simply with more mods in your chat. And even tho we did run into some problems with the haters, and you were super tired, I still had tons of fun watching your stream and I sure hope you never stop streaming, and actually start doing it more often, cuz you are super fun to watch.

Sorry for the long post, but i just had to say this!

You are right mang. I just got really friggin' frustrated. I'm new to the twitch thing and didn't understand the kind of viewership there. 

I was just unprepared for it at that particular time.

I wont stop streaming, I found streaming pretty fun actually - aside from that instance.

I'm going to have to bring in more mods and I'm going to have to learn to ignore that kinda stuff. I'll need to find some good example "rules" from another streamer somewhere on what is appropriate behavior for my streams that way people know up front.

Do you know of any good twitch room rule lists?

Honestly, I would take a day off Joe, a few late nights and being poked from all sides by every social media under the sun, its gonna take its toll, get your head down and refreshed and next time get your game face on, we are all right behind you!

Leo~

AlShareef114 likes this

I can't help but agree with the spirit of this post.  Joe your streams are awesome and fun to watch.  I really would hate to see you lose interest in them because some idiots can't stop themselves from from trying to bring people down.  That is the major problem with the internet and online social media.  People disconnect from common sense and lose themselves in a digital persona. Most of the people who flame or troll online probably do so because they lack the courage to do so in real life with the people they interact with in person.  Since they're basically invisible online and there is not real way they can be held accountable by people they will never meet they use it as an excuse to vent their anger or frustration.

They see a group of people enjoying themselves and having fun and they feel the need to bring it down because they're not happy so in their mind that means others can't be either.

I hope this made at least some sense and I want to make it completely clear that I in no way support trolling.  There is no excuse for the trolls who post meaningless or vulgur drivel just for the sake of doing so.  I can understand if you have an opinion or critisicm about something you are seeing, but the telling point of maturity is knowing when the time and place is appropriate to voice your thoughts.

We support you Joe and look forward to more streams in the future.  I also agree with the OP and think a few extra and trustworthy hands to help you moderate the streams would make things easier on you. 

Never Surrender Joe!

You are right mang. I just got really friggin' frustrated. I'm new to the twitch thing and didn't understand the kind of viewership there. 

I wont stop streaming, I found streaming pretty fun actually - aside from that instance.

I'm going to have to bring in more mods and I'm going to have to learn to ignore that kinda stuff. I'll need to find some good example "rules" from another streamer somewhere on what is appropriate behavior for my streams that way people know up front.

Whadya mean like this?

Chat Rules

•No sexual, religious, racist or political discussions/topics.

•No Verbal abuse

•No Offensive Language

•No Advertising

•No Links

•No Trolling in a harmful manner.

•No Challenging the Mods

•And most of all Be Respectful to Everyone Violating any or all chat rules could result in a 600sec (10mins) Timeout and/or ban.

You also might add some of yours like : •Dont fuck around with the Lord Commander Angry Joe and  •No pointless negative comments (pointless as in not constructive)

I dunno, thats what i could find, most of the channels use those or very similar rules...

xle6ionx and AlShareef114 like this

just do what you do best Joe

tell the fuckers to fuck off, YOU ANGRY MAN!!! NO ONE FUCKS WITH ANGRY JOE!

BadAss_AJS_flat_KablooieXL.png

Ender likes this

just do what you do best Joe

tell the fuckers to fuck off, YOU ANGRY MAN!!! NO ONE FUCKS WITH ANGRY JOE!

BadAss_AJS_flat_KablooieXL.png

i was going to say something like this so ill just quote and leave it at that

Chubbles and GoodOldSmurf like this

Whadya mean like this?

Chat Rules

•No sexual, religious, racist or political discussions/topics.

•No Verbal abuse

•No Offensive Language

•No Advertising

•No Links

•No Trolling in a harmful manner.

•No Challenging the Mods

•And most of all Be Respectful to Everyone Violating any or all chat rules could result in a 600sec (10mins) Timeout and/or ban.

You also might add some of yours like : •Dont fuck around with the Lord Commander Angry Joe and  •No pointless negative comments (pointless as in not constructive)

I dunno, thats what i could find, most of the channels use those or very similar rules...

And a Mod was born

i was going to say something like this so ill just quote and leave it at that

heh sorry for taking your lines bro ^_^  :ph34r:

Yeah I would also like to say thankyou for not just giving up on the stream and turning it off last night, I was in terrible pain with my back and watching you had be laughing my butt off, which in turn took my mind off it. :)

So yeah good to hear that you aren't going to give up, i think I'll be tuning as much as I can now. :P

Chubbles likes this

You gotta think that you've launched the AJSA just a week ago so everyone is eager to see whats coming up and with that the Immature trolls comes out.

But yeah once you'll establish the admins itll be a LOT easier to handle all the shit that people spew in twitch.

There was this twitch marathon of speed runners and all the money they raised was for charity and still some assholes came in and spew all kind of disgusting bullshit over the stream. Some of them got banned by Bots and the rest got taken care by admins.

As you said you just have to learn to stop reading the trolls and taking everything seriously, I know you just want everyone have a great time watching you play but there will always be trolls... especially on twitch....

Your best bet is to either have a couple of trusted mods and maybe configure a bot that can detect links/offensive language and spam.

Anyway so far everything is going pretty much awesome balls to the wall.

A big thank you for all the work you've put into this, also big Thank you to the officers taking care of the new guys and managing the community and also a huge thank you to everyone that supports the group by being on Teamspeak, I've been having a blast with everyone.

Chubbles likes this

its cool ill copy right them next time

heh sorry for taking your lines bro ^_^  :ph34r:

I really love Joe's stream so i hope he doesn't stop. A good way to stop people from being little bitches is to have like 3 or 4 loyal members of your stream and the Army just watching the chat. People say something stupid or disrespectful have the mods time them out. Don't let the trolls even have a chance to troll. Cut them off instantly. Just my two cents.

Joe I love watching your streams and I'm glad your not going to stop, the trolls will be dealt with relatively easily. You have my complete and utter support, your my favorite youtuber of all, that's why I joined the AJSA. Keep doing what you do best and know that we are all behind you 100% of the way.

Although I have the feeling that I won't be able to watch most of the streams when they're live (timezones anyone? :) ), I watch the recorded footage now and then. Joe, you even make me watch videos of games that I'd never play myself in a thousand years. It's always nice to see people who are able to step over the boundaries of genres and even platforms through the pure love for what they are doing. And you should keep doing that.

Don't stop streaming Joe, I watched the stream and i found i very enjoyable. And with more games coming out it will be awesome to watch you play them :D

XterminatR likes this

Remember Joe that twitch is really a whole different world ; ) You got your "comment trolls", but commenting live, so it's way more frustrating.

Still, it's possible to work it out, and just keep the "calm, normal, mature" wiewership, it just need A LOT of work.

Take a look at some professional streamers at twitch - Lethalfrag as far as i remeber was helping a lot of different guys get to twitch, and he has really good, calm, not-so-much-moronic community behind him. One of the best i've ever seen really, maybe take an interest in that, maybe contact him. Streaming is REALLY hard at the beginning, but it can be a lot of fun when you get rid of all the trolls. It requires clear rules, a lot of mods, and a lot of bans sadly, but it's possible.

And remember that basic rule on your twitch should be - mods CAN ban anybody without any explanation whatsoever - it helps a lot : )

We all know that trolls be trollin, but the good news is that a measure of how many people are paying attention/care about what you are doing is the amount of idiots that decide to pop out of the woodwork trying to cause trouble.  More trolls generally means more notoriety, otherwise they wouldn't bother.  While unfortunate and obnoxious, the trolling really can be seen as a positive indicator of community growth and enthusiasm in my opinion.

You have created quite a large niche market following here, and larger schools of game fish will attract the sharks - give it time and the community will evolve and learn to fend off the idiots.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein

I was watching the Stream and I was getting mad just reading the chat (before Joe did). Big props to you Angry Joe for keep cool for that long. Backseat gaming is the worst. I know you had moderators there at the time, but if you ever need more for late Eastern time I would be happy to help.

Could we add to the list of Rules: - No PS4 vs Xbox1 vs PC talk.

ElvenBlossom likes this

I was watching the Stream and I was getting mad just reading the chat (before Joe did). Big props to you Angry Joe for keep cool for that long. Backseat gaming is the worst. I know you had moderators there at the time, but if you ever need more for late Eastern time I would be happy to help.

Could we add to the list of Rules: - No PS4 vs Xbox1 vs PC talk.

The Console wars do seem to start up everywhere and it's extremely annoying so yeah I agree with making that a rule. We are a gaming community, we aren't just for a specific machine so making that a rule would be great.

I was watching the stream too, (thouse damn turret man!) And Unresolute is fully right, i was pissd by this trolls and this fu... Xbox vs PS4 wars. Is it possible to sometimes just do streams for the AJSA Members not Public do you people know if that works i mean some streaming just for the AJSA would be cool and would get much more positivity and would make Joe give a more Personal touch whit the AJSA i think? And i also hope that Joe dosnt stop streaming i really was enyoing it. I did even watch the MP stream whit joe and tonsoffun i must say that today i kind was missing it and hoped that joe streams again.

Anyway the Stream was just awsome and i was enyoing it just like the Reviews on the YT Channel. Plz dont stop streaming Joe!! You got People who truly love you and supports you specialy her in the AJSA!!!

I am very proud to be a member of the angry army after Joes response to this post

Joe, 

Definitely do not stop streaming.

There\s only thing I would like to ask you to do and I know you already noticed it.

Please upload the streams if possible (you asked about Killzone gameplay in the newest vlog - appreciated). Due to time differences for some of us it's really not possible to watch them live :)

Thanks in advance.

I was watching the stream too, (thouse damn turret man!) And Unresolute is fully right, i was pissd by this trolls and this fu... Xbox vs PS4 wars. Is it possible to sometimes just do streams for the AJSA Members not Public do you people know if that works i mean some streaming just for the AJSA would be cool and would get much more positivity and would make Joe give a more Personal touch whit the AJSA i think? And i also hope that Joe dosnt stop streaming i really was enyoing it. I did even watch the MP stream whit joe and tonsoffun i must say that today i kind was missing it and hoped that joe streams again.

Anyway the Stream was just awsome and i was enyoing it just like the Reviews on the YT Channel. Plz dont stop streaming Joe!! You got People who truly love you and supports you specialy her in the AJSA!!!

he will NEVER do that

not everyone wants to be a part of AJSA, some people are just following him and appreciates his reviews and humor

however there should be an official "no trolling, no PC/console wars/no douchebagery/no spamming" rules list

AlShareef114 likes this

As for how to moderate i would probably recommend what most people do on twitch that have some viewers count is to only enable chat for subscribers since it's remove 99% of shit that people hate about twitch chat. Since people have to pay monthly for having the privilege to chat the younger audience that are mostly the "spammers and thrash talkers" don't have or can't spend money on having subscriber and is then removed from chat

Others way to help with spammers is to add slow-mode that make it so they can only chat once every 1-2 min (or shorter/longer). You can add bots that automatically timeout people that are using words that are in the "bad word list" or posting links in chat.

There is a lot of ways, but subsriber chat is the best way

AlShareef114 likes this