• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Cobra

Alienware Gaming PC's

39 posts in this topic

Shop around. Look at the specs of the Alienware and then compare it to other brands. You will find the same specs much cheaper through brands like MSI or Asus just as an example. 

Are you dead set on a laptop? For PC gaming laptops DO run games well now but they still do not compare to the power of a desktop. I ask because I see so many people saying "build your own" completely ignoring the fact you are looking at a laptop and not a desktop. I ran into the same issue when I first started asking around. People seem to want to ignore what you are asking and just interject their opinion based on desktops and while its frustrating they are right, desktop is better if you don't actually need a laptop.

Anyway, the best thing you can do is decide what kind of specs you are looking for and then do the research. There are so many brands/builds for laptops anymore than 10 people could have 10 different answers for you. One thing I think most of us agree on though is Alienware is overpriced for what you get.

Yeah I kinda have to have a laptop I'd rather have a desktop but I need portability <_< Thank you though!

I bought 2 in my youth a desktop an laptop not worth it! go with http://www.ibuypower.com/  or http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/ or http://www.originpc.com/

enjoy

Too bad the specs that most of the companies build for their PC lineup is not balanced. Usually you'l get an overpowered CPU and a crappy GPU on the system. 

Build your own computer and you'll save a lot of money, especially when you want to upgrade. Also, if one part goes bad it's much easier (and cheaper) to fix it. If you need help deciding on what to get and how to assemble it (it's much easier than a lot of people think) then ask away. I'm sure many of us PC gamers here would be happy to help.

vanhoe and Cobra like this

Build your own computer and you'll save a lot of money, especially when you want to upgrade. Also, if one part goes bad it's much easier (and cheaper) to fix it. If you need help deciding on what to get and how to assemble it (it's much easier than a lot of people think) then ask away. I'm sure many of us PC gamers here would be happy to help.

It's just like assembling large pieces of LEGO, not hard at all.

Cobra likes this

It's just like assembling large pieces of LEGO, not hard at all.

Thanks guys :)

I have an older m14x r2 and it's better than people say. Sure, the listed price is pretty damn high, but you are not really suppose to buy it at full price. I got mine at 50% during xmas. The biggest problem I have with it is that it really isn't a "lap"top. I need to put it on a table because it's quite heavy.

Cobra likes this

Alienware is very good but as other people have said it's over priced, way over priced. My pc spec is higher than that of an Alienware and I built it myself for about a 1/5th of the cost.

Your paying for the brand more than anything else and a bloody expensive brand at that.

However, you said you planned on buying a laptop, they are more complicated than pc's to assemble yourself but there are a multitude of websites out there that will allow you to select individual parts and they'll assemble it for you.

MSI also have some pretty damn good laptops though they're still quite expensive but cheaper then Alienware and in my opinion much better.

Cobra likes this

1st thing 1st, laptop's never good for gaming, in my experience they just suck a lot, so no gaming on laptop

2nd, u can never customize, the way u want other than RAM i guess, i just change only one thing like graphics card and everything works at speed of light :P;)

3rd, why waste money on overpricesed hardware when u can build ur own hardware for cheaper

4th, getting a gaming PC is always best choice, u have freedom of choice, u have high end stuff, u dont need to spend on unnecessary things when u already own it like HDTV/KB-mouse, 2.1 music system etc etc

5th, Well, u may have to sacrifice the mobility but to be honest, u only play games when u r at home sitting on couch or chair, so better to have one such system

6th, if u travel a lot, i suggest u get an iphone or ps vita or 3ds, ur choice :) , gaming on laptop is worthless when moving a lot bcoz of batery issue, heating issues, lots of graphics glitches, game crash even BSOD (I faced all of these problems); while handheld gaming rocks and u can even play online anytime and anywhere, bigger library and lots of fun :)

7th, now go and buy urself PC parts and build urself, its easiest thing ever to do and awesome thing too

nuff said, i explained my experience with gaming laptops, now choice is urs :)

Cobra likes this

It's alright, just over priced and if it breaks down good luck getting a response back from them though if your product was faulty or broken, could take months to years. They have the worse customer support I have ever seen.

THIS!

5k+ laptop I bought on black friday a few years ago..and now is a lightened, shinny, HEAVY paperweight. 

Good but overpriced, company belongs to dell now, so not so unique anymore, not highest specs for price, many other companies can do better for value

Cobra likes this

Why buy  most overpriced laptop for 3k $ when you can build a Gaming rig for 1k $ or less that can beat any Alienware...

The only Alienware I would ever buy is the x51 (I think). I have yet to find a case that small and portable that allows for that much power. 

My own personal experience would be to use a real boutique vendor like Origin PC IBUYPOWER, Cyberpower PC, Xotic PC etc. You get more bang for the buck when dealing with those then you would out of a Alienware. Just my personal opinion.