• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Clumsyninja

Would you consider Team Fortress 2 to be one of the most balanced shooters in the industry?

14 posts in this topic

What do you think? I think it is, since every class counters each other pretty well, and nothing is really overpowered. 

To be honest im over class systems in fps. Just dump the guns on the ground. It's a shooter not a rpg, therefore I honestly don't pay that much attention to balance in fps

The original Counter Strike is the most blanced imo.

Vanilla was pretty balanced but with all these different weapons it is impossible to balance the game, so no it is not the most balanced shooter but Valve has managed to keep the game allot of fun for everyone. :)

When playing on public balance isn't really relevant anyway.

Vanilla was pretty balanced but with all these different weapons it is impossible to balance the game, so no it is not the most balanced shooter but Valve has managed to keep the game allot of fun for everyone. :)

When playing on public balance isn't really relevant anyway.

I have killed Pyros with a level 1 flamethrower, i don't think higher level guns do anythying. Plus, its all about countering other classes. Pyro is good against Spy, Scout, and engineer, but weak against Heavy, Demo man, and Sniper (far away). 

To be honest im over class systems in fps. Just dump the guns on the ground. It's a shooter not a rpg, therefore I honestly don't pay that much attention to balance in fps

Meh, i am over normal shooters like that. I like shooters that give a different feeling when you play as a class, andhas more variety. Being the same guy over, and over gets boring quick imo. I can switch my classes in TF2 at anytime, and play differently. Just my opinion. 

I have killed Pyros with a level 1 flamethrower, i don't think higher level guns do anythying. Plus, its all about countering other classes. Pyro is good against Spy, Scout, and engineer, but weak against Heavy, Demo man, and Sniper (far away). 

Weapon levels indeed do not do anything and I know how the classes work (I do have 1800+ hours of TF2 on my Steam account ;)).

What I was saying is that certain weapon drops are pure upgrades vs. others while they are meant to be sidegrades.

Also a good Scout will always outclass a good Pyro purely because they can output allot more damage in a short time from outside of the range of the Flamethrower, not to mention that there extra mobility gives them complete control over the situation.

the game is balanced if the teams are balanced.....i hate unbalanced teams so much! but over all yeah its balanced. 

assuming that all players are in the same line of skill on the game, i would say yes, the games is balanced by it self

its pretty balance, until for some unkown reason your team has about 5 spies, no doctors, a couple of snipers, three scouts and a pyro. When that happens you are probably gonna get fucked up...

Rita the Fox likes this

The game's balance is very similar to that of Counter Strikes, were most of the problems comes from the skill gaps between players. Tf2 is one of the most balanced games I play, but there are certain elements such as random crits which create a small measure of chaos. 

TF2 is a still a really impressive act for me - the balance of the game definitly depends on how each player finds their own solutions. I'm still constantly impressed at the way each round evolves as people switch up their tactics and the battle progresses from one end of the map to the other.

Team fortress 2 is very well balanced. That said, i would not call it the most well balanced game, merely one of them

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0