• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

LeafyGreenDude

Username Origins

95 posts in this topic

It's simple. Explain the origins and reason for your chosen username on here. For example, my username was one of the various names I've come up with for my internet review show (which doesn't exist...yet), and comes from the Pokémon game, Pokémon LeafGreen. I was tempted to use one of my other reviewer names, but I just figured LeafyGreenDude was good enough.

Well this seems like a lot of fun. I'll have a go at it. Well Juan is my real name. The helpless part comes from whenever I play with friends, I always seem to end up in terrible situations that I miraculously make it out of in a lot of games.

Kizra is just a name i came up with... it doesnt mean anything nor does it come from anywhere. 

I feel so ordinary now lol

I made this Username on Go gaia and it has some meaning to me as a person, that no one had it yet.  Shadow is like how I move around people not getting notice, and Zero is because am Mr nice guy who always finish last. Its not a lot to people but its feel like me. Also my Go Gaia account was made 23 April 2003 at 13:24 GMT

'Scout' is the name of an RP character I created that was based closely on my younger self.   The profile picture on the left is a picture of that character. If you go to my profile, you can see a larger image of the full character picture in the background.  

Not much to say. :) I chose Zero cause Zero from Megaman X and Zero is kickass and my fav video game character. The nmber is the year I was born in and Svk or Sk is Slovakia :)

HelplessJuan likes this

I started using this name as a joke/smurf name back in the CS 1.6 days. Originally it was "Nisses Fluffboll" and I used it to avoid being recognized on the servers I frequented when I just wanted to play and not chat with people. It however stuck when everyone began calling me this in game as well as in real life :)

Well, when I first started using the internet at about 10 or 11, I used to go by Spike because for some reason I spiked my hair at that time. This usually resulted in usernames like Spike453627364673 or whatever the hell I had to slap on the end of Spike as it was rather common.

Having a crap-ton of numbers on the end of my name began to really bug me, but by that point I'd been using spike so long I still wanted to use it in some way because it was familiar.

So, I came up with IDSpike or InstantDeathSpike. It's less generic and a nod to those lovely parts of video games where you slam your head on a pointy metal object and suddenly realize that maybe it wasn't the best idea.

Ajack was my main's name in WoW, when I made an account on xbox, I couldn't get Ajack, So I got IcedAjack. I've kept it ever since.

I like singing in the rain.

In CA? Enjoy singing like once a year.  :D

i was really into Soul Calibur 2 when I needed a name, so I decided to show my love for the game and my fav character :P hence soulnightmare

In CA? Enjoy singing like once a year.  :D

LoL, seriously...it's freakin November and still hasn't rained yet. Supposed to on Thursday though so I'm warming up my vocalizer.

My name came from the desire to have a username without numbers that I liked. I'm not creative so naming stuff is difficult for me. I eventually settled on this because i thought it sounded kind of decent. It's stupid, but I like it, kinda (though if I ever think of a better name I'll gladly change it). The Reclaimed part comes from Halo, one of Master Chief's nicknames is "The Reclaimer", and Havok is a Marvel superhero, Cyclop's brother. So I mashed them together to create this. It's not the best, but what can you do?

Not much to say. :) I chose Zero cause Zero from Megaman X and Zero is kickass and my fav video game character. The nmber is the year I was born in and Svk or Sk is Slovakia :)

I agree that Zero is pretty cool.

I made zykone up some day and then just stuck with it, after all I needed a western username that was not Osaka. One day I discovered Zykone was taken (shock horror) so I added fluffy because of a DnD game where I was turned in to an animal. My japanese username (Osaka) is from Azumanga Daioh and was/is my nickname (among friends) in real life. Pretty much it! :D

LoL, seriously...it's freakin November and still hasn't rained yet. Supposed to on Thursday though so I'm warming up my vocalizer.

Come up here, you'll lose your voice. 

GoodOldSmurf is from back when i played Ace Online :P

kinda took Smurf (not knowing Schtrumph was Smurf in english) and so i liked Smurf cuz it sounded like Surf (i was "Surfing" in PvP wars between players and raping all with constant aggressivity)

so i went with Smurf but then i figured out later what it meant, since i love greenish lil slime balls with catfaces, i adopted the "character"

then GoodOld came from the fact i played Ace Online for years and twice it happened where i went back to AO after a big break and no one knew about me but i did know alot about the game :P

so it was "Good Old Smurf" ^_^

I have this username for years now.

I named myself Draguno, because I wanted to name myself Dragon in the past. Since that was a very uncreative username, I thought of Dragoon, but that wasn't perfect either. Then I chose Draguno.

I had to name myself DragunoSXE for PSN because I couldn't name myself Draguno for some reason. The SXE stands for my straight-edge lifestyle.

Aridan Is an anagram of my real name Adrian i also use Andair sometimes

Corporate Agent likes this

Mine comes from SW:KOTOR, I was started my veery first mmo character on Final Fantasy XI, I thought all the male looked stupid so i made a female character, named her Bastilla (added an L in the name on purpose, looks better i thought) played FFXI for many years and the name stuck. Overtime it was shorten to just Bast and when SW: TOR came around I knew that the real Bastila would be in it in some way so i started just using Bast. I add the number 50 when its needed for high traffic communities, its the number of my football jersey back when i played.

Dyzzles originated from my original username, which was Dyzzy. I ended up with 'Dyzzles' through a perfectly random convo we had about a year or two ago. Dyzzy is something I came up with when I was 5... At the time, I thought it was ''cool'' to replace the 'i' with 'y'.

'>_>

My name originates from this talk. Shadows, America, Bikes. Pushing off bikes, stealing. Shadow Stealer. I was bored and it was years ago and I haven't thought of anything else since.

GuyThatLoveRock and Bast50 like this