• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

killerfatjoe

Good games that got old after you beat it

25 posts in this topic

Can anyone think of games that got old after a play through? Mine would have to be Dead Space or Twilight Princess, once I beat the game I could never really play through again. Another one would be Halo 4, it was an amazing game but I could never play the campaign again after I beat it on legendary.

CoD Black Ops. I was suckered in by the trailers and it was interesting and well made but once I beat the campaign I was pretty much done with it. I think I only played online up to level 10 or so and just traded it in. I got too used to the more open and destructive nature of Battlefield.

I'm generally a one-play through kind of gamer. So most games like the Assassin's Creeds or Bioshocks are one and done. 

I Still enjoy what time I have with them, but I don't usually feel motivated to play through the same story again. 

The Games I will actually play through more than once are games like Mass Effect, Skyrim and Borderlands 2. Generally games that allow you to do things differently with each playthrough, whether that be the decisions you make or your character's skills and playstyle.

killerfatjoe likes this

Sadly, GTA V. It's a really good game, but I think I overhyped it, so I'm just kind of done with it. The multiplayer still being unrealized makes it that much harder to keep playing.

Arcania when you have played 3 playstyles.

There are very few games of the newer generation that I touched after I beat it...

I'm generally a one-play through kind of gamer. So most games like the Assassin's Creeds or Bioshocks are one and done. 

I Still enjoy what time I have with them, but I don't usually feel motivated to play through the same story again. 

The Games I will actually play through more than once are games like Mass Effect, Skyrim and Borderlands 2. Generally games that allow you to do things differently with each playthrough, whether that be the decisions you make or your character's skills and playstyle.

I completely agree, games where they give you a wide range of what choices you can change or something that you can do in the next play through really draw me in! Except for Borderlands, I cannot get into that game for some reason

IDSpike likes this

Any game that you can beat 100% on the Hardest difficulty in less than 24 hours. 

mostly the newer generation of games, i just don't have any motivation to go on after i beat it, especially skyrim.

Im also a one campagain playthrough guy. I play games again, say when its a co op game then its fun to play it again with friends or RPG-s where there are different possibilities.

as much as i like GTA, it's gotta be V. i would say 4 too but i played a lot of its MP mode when it was "relevant".  in V, my char got wiped so i just gave up. it's a grindfest anyway.

probably Darksiders 2, loved the hell out of it, but I just cant play it again :(

Every game really, the only time I go back is if there is some story DLC on sale and I just do a full play-through with the added story, otherwise I never feel there is a point to going back since I already know whats going to happen and I don't really want to try a different class and few games actually have divergent storylines that warrant a "what would happen if I went this way instead".

GTA IV & V,

Any modern shooters campaign,

Dragon's Dogma,

Heavy Rain,

Batman: AC

Most linear games with a strict progression. I'm not one for achievements, so I really never try to increase the difficulty to replay it.

The ONLY game that I've played many many maaaany times over is FTL. Once I beat a game I'm done with it unless it has multiplayer.

Dragon's Dogma - after I beat it and was able to unlock every class there was little point in going back to play through with another class unlike, say, Skyrim.

Can anyone think of games that got old after a play through?

Almost every game I have completed. I am somewhat mystified by people who can spend 1000's of hours playing the same game (non MMO). Sure there are some games I revisit now and again like Civ5 which is like a game of chess and each new random map is completely different (I never play scenarios).

I guess for me every new game is a new experience, and that is what I enjoy. I can grow bored quickly with repetition (I am not a great farmer), and in a way that is why I am more a pvp'er than a pve'er, as each round is against unpredictable human opponents.

killerfatjoe likes this

Well, I usually lose interest before i manage to beat a game even once....

Almost every game I have completed. I am somewhat mystified by people who can spend 1000's of hours playing the same game (non MMO). Sure there are some games I revisit now and again like Civ5 which is like a game of chess and each new random map is completely different (I never play scenarios).

I guess for me every new game is a new experience, and that is what I enjoy. I can grow bored quickly with repetition (I am not a great farmer), and in a way that is why I am more a pvp'er than a pve'er, as each round is against unpredictable human opponents.

I can totally agree with you on this - even in MMO's it's impossible to farm PvE content past level cap and one run through. It's dull and repetitive in most scenarios and loses my interest and attention in no time flat. In PvP you're incapable of predicting every outcome of every engagement, it's just not possible. You need to use your skill and wits to overthrow your opponent and win - that's fun.