• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jinzuro

Horrible jobs and the idiots you work with

9 posts in this topic

Now I know at some point everyones had that job.... or are currently suffering one. In which you work with the dumbest of the lot or just plain lazy. Where the motto for your job is "throw everyone under the bus and leave them to rot on the highway". Now for the longest time, I could not at all possibly wrap my head around this...well actually I still can't. Especially when matters could be fixed just by properly training your staff, or properly understanding the situation. Make it easy on everyone. Thats your job when your in charge.

Now for example I'm talking about that working environment where your management makes the most idiotic decisions known to man and it makes you wonder how they got their place as manager and how the boss doesn't see them for the fuck ups they are. Well I can say thats easy, its because they set everyone else up to take the blame naturally. Their snakes like that, you never hear what they tell the company boss behind closed doors. This occurs on every level to. Doesn't matter if your working a low wage job, or for a big time company. Snakes are everywhere. Now I'll give two examples from two individuals that I know of from two different sects of the labor force:

Low wage: Now my friend here worked at walmart, Wally World to some, and he worked on stocking the shelves. Now on many occassion, he would have a manager come to him and tell him to help other people in their sections which basically causes him not to finish his own work, but then he gets blamed if he doesn't finish it. Now I could never get why they never take the time to properly ensure new comers are trained as their supposed to. Because they sure have a habit of putting all the work on the individuals that function the best, work the hardest. Its like the one's that do less, get all the slack and get by with murder. Of course alot of times its because of their connection with the manager on shift, or that manager really just rather put all the work on someone who already knows it and gets upset when... oh surprise. That one person can't do all the positions in a "team" oriented workspace alone. Gotta love it.

Big time: Now this was from a neighbor that I knew for a time. He worked at a tax collection agency and they put him as head of a division that was failing. Well, he ended up bringing it around and bringing the profit margin up to 5 million. Now, I would be happy as hell if I had someone working for me making those type of turn arounds... but not in this case. They fired him because they were making money from that failing division, hiding cash by writing off their loses at the end of the year. Best part is how they fired him. Know those fundraisers you used to do when you were younger, or have a family member, or perhaps even child of your own thats done it? Well at a company meeting he was doing just that for his daughter helping him out and they used that as a grounds to fire him. Just wow. Someone makes you that amount of money the proper honest way, and you fire them? Imagine what he could have been doing given the chance in a higher position in your company. 

Now I know there are other occasions, many different types of in work neglect. I'm just curious to hear some personal experiences or some they may have heard a friend or relative go through. Because you know, our work system is just so grand and wonderful. Let the venting begin.

Not to be offensive or racsist but i think the attitude is quite different here in Japan. A little bit at least. When a friend of mine worked at mcdonalds everyone worked together (some people even sang at the counter) and everyone was at least content of course its not like this everywhere but i do see this a lot. I dunno, when I work at the local grocery store as a side job im just fine. Everyone does what they are supposed to, of course some people have different experiences when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Suprhomre, Jinzuro and Doomsday1124 like this

It's a problem. Training is important. This personally happened to me. I was a courtesy clerk for Smith's food and Drug. I was supposed to be trained by someone experienced at the store but, instead I was thrown into the real deal. Then getting blamed for doing something wrong. I can't do it right If I don't know the ****ing job. So I was eventually quit knowing that these incompetent fools don't know how to teach their staff how to do the job.

Jinzuro likes this

I worked as an overnight stocker at Wal-Mart for three years, pretty much the same thing only add on lying during evaluations to not give me a higher raise, writing people up because of some really screwed up timing system that doesn't take into account doing anything other than stocking (unloading trucks, helping customers, throwing trash, etc), insane manager about to write the entire grocery team up because one person we told him needed help didn't finish then deciding not to because he was promoted the next day, managers belonging to other store sections or other shifts hiring terrible employees on purpose to make things harder for other shifts so they look better, employees who don't do anything but act like they work hard and that they have a difficult job (no one works hard at Wal-Mart), people who did nothing but stand in large groups and talk about sports while others worked, etc. 

Not to be offensive or racsist but i think the attitude is quite different here in Japan. A little bit at least. When a friend of mine worked at mcdonalds everyone worked together (some people even sang at the counter) and everyone was at least content of course its not like this everywhere but i do see this a lot. I dunno, when I work at the local grocery store as a side job im just fine. Everyone does what they are supposed to, of course some people have different experiences when it comes to this kind of stuff.

It's not like that in America at all.

Jinzuro likes this

No offense taken. Some things just are what they are and its not racist to take into account the difference in culture. Ours is just as much known for helping as it is stepping all over the next guy. There was one time I remembered working in mcdonalds and everyone actually did work together it was great. But once we received a new store manager, everything went downhill from there.

It's a problem. Training is important. This personally happened to me. I was a courtesy clerk for Smith's food and Drug. I was supposed to be trained by someone experienced at the store but, instead I was thrown into the real deal. Then getting blamed for doing something wrong. I can't do it right If I don't know the ****ing job. So I was eventually quit knowing that these incompetent fools don't know how to teach their staff how to do the job.

I feel for you. Too many times do they either not train a person or they have a person with them for like one or two days and throw them to the sharks expecting you to battle for your life when you just learned to swim.

I worked as an overnight stocker at Wal-Mart for three years, pretty much the same thing only add on lying during evaluations to not give me a higher raise, writing people up because of some really screwed up timing system that doesn't take into account doing anything other than stocking (unloading trucks, helping customers, throwing trash, etc), insane manager about to write the entire grocery team up because one person we told him needed help didn't finish then deciding not to because he was promoted the next day, managers belonging to other store sections or other shifts hiring terrible employees on purpose to make things harder for other shifts so they look better, employees who don't do anything but act like they work hard and that they have a difficult job (no one works hard at Wal-Mart), people who did nothing but stand in large groups and talk about sports while others worked, etc. 

It's not like that in America at all.

I just done get it. I mean common sense would say it makes it easier for everyone and everyone benefits if they just do the job correctly. Thats it. I always felt if your not going to be as a manager should be then don't become one.

I knew someone in management that was framed for falsifying documentation after working with a large company for just on 20-21 years. They took the documents from their desk, hid them in another location and the moment it was found out where those documents went my friend was forced vacation time, unpaid, and fired. Even after fighting back they weren't able to overcome the company's lawyers.

My friend was the savior of that store and worked hard to bring it to what it was the day everything went down, often working another day overtime just to see something done when all was needed was an 8 hour shift. Since then the store's closed and is now under renovation for a new big company.

And on terms with that second post - it does seem like everyone fails to get along here. Nothing can ever go the way it should.

Edit: Just talked to my friend, they said it wasn't just one building that they were looking to eliminate. The employee that they got to remove the document along with several other managers in the region were framed and fired subsequently. 

I knew someone in management that was framed for falsifying documentation after working with a large company for just on 20-21 years. They took the documents from their desk, hid them in another location and the moment it was found out where those documents went my friend was forced vacation time, unpaid, and fired. Even after fighting back they weren't able to overcome the company's lawyers.

My friend was the savior of that store and worked hard to bring it to what it was the day everything went down, often working another day overtime just to see something done when all was needed was an 8 hour shift. Since then the store's closed and is now under renovation for a new big company.

And on terms with that second post - it does seem like everyone fails to get along here. Nothing can ever go the way it should.

Wow. Thats ridiculous. It amazes me how dark people can be still. I shouldn't be surprised by it, but the steps some people will go to ruin another purpose and in most cases for no good reason at all is incredibly sick to me.

Just my opinion.

I have a very different outlook. My job is not very glamorous, but it pays okish, however in saying all that what I keep in perspective is that there are many people in this world who would literally give their left arm to earn the money I do so they could provide the basic necessities for their family. What I earn in an hour, 3 billion people in this world live off in a week, what I earn in a week, they live off in a year. I try to appreciate everything I have been given (and yes, some days are harder than others) but there is no denying I have it good. All jobs have their downsides, but I would rather concentrate on how good I have it.

Jinzuro likes this

Just my opinion.

I have a very different outlook. My job is not very glamorous, but it pays okish, however in saying all that what I keep in perspective is that there are many people in this world who would literally give their left arm to earn the money I do so they could provide the basic necessities for their family. What I earn in an hour, 3 billion people in this world live off in a week, what I earn in a week, they live off in a year. I try to appreciate everything I have been given (and yes, some days are harder than others) but there is no denying I have it good. All jobs have their downsides, but I would rather concentrate on how good I have it.

I do the same thing, but I dont deny my need to vent it out. Its not good to push how infuriating your work place can be. I mean I've gone the route of thinking, well at least I've got this, but 5 minutes after getting into that place I'm just pissed off and the only time I feel any sort of good is when I'm heading out that door. I feel great when I leave and i'm at home, dont give it a further thought, but when I go back... sucks all the joy right out. I say " I wish I was home" before I even get into the car going to work.