• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Judge Lazar

How do you handle shoot outs?

22 posts in this topic

I prefer to play very tactical. When I'm with my firends we all have our roles, we got snipers, heavy support, demolitions, and frontliners. everyone knows thier roll

I'm a frontliner. I love sprinting cover to cover, drawing enemies out for my team.  We do stuff like, having one guy driving a large vehicle that's good cover and move it up slowly with people walking next to it. We do Helo extractions, sometimes we'll parachute in, or other crazy stuff like that. A lot of attacking from multiple directions when we can.

me and my friends, we all run at the enemy and do so till it works

I need a crew to be in, not enough of my friends play and the ones that do just want to lone wolf it.

I love having a massive plan for something so small like a shootout. Love how in depth you seem to go Judge Lazar, that honestly sounds awesome!

i usually prefer to shoot the person before they shoot me... which seems to work pretty well 

Darkwolf1802 likes this

Usually if I'm on my own, I try to lure people into an ambush. Parking garages usually do the trick if I wanna get a quick drop on someone. Though there've been times when I'm outgunned and there's nowhere to run or hide.

I prefer to gank solo most of the time. Several techniques I use are:

1) Plant a sticky bomb in front of Los Santos Customs and wait for a victim to pull up.

2) Park a car in front of the entrance to Los Santos Customs, put a sticky bomb on it. Someone will roll up and get out of their car and into the other one to move it and I blow them up.

3) Get the helicopter from the helipad and fly onto a roof near a busy area (like Los Santos Customs) and wait for sniping opportunities.

4) Look on the map for people who don't move for awhile. Sometimes I can find guys who are afk and kill farm them a bit. I don't like to go over 5 kills per guy though because this method is kind of cheesey.

5) When playing with my brother I drive while he shoots and we do fast hit and run drive-bys. He also serves as the navigator, marking targets on the map with the purple line so I can get to them without having to stop and check the map every time they move.

6) Sometimes me and my bro will get into a defensible location and I'll place a $9,000 bounty on him to lure in the other players, I'll then snipe them from a secure location as they close in on him. We'll also plant sticky bombs in the location at choke points incase I miss some of them and they get too close. The bush maze over at the FIB building (or whatever it is) is great for this. I'll put him down in the maze and get up on the roof of one of the buildings and snipe away as they run through the maze to get to him.

I prefer to gank solo most of the time. Several techniques I use are:

1) Plant a sticky bomb in front of Los Santos Customs and wait for a victim to pull up.

2) Park a car in front of the entrance to Los Santos Customs, put a sticky bomb on it. Someone will roll up and get out of their car and into the other one to move it and I blow them up.

3) Get the helicopter from the helipad and fly onto a roof near a busy area (like Los Santos Customs) and wait for sniping opportunities.

4) Look on the map for people who don't move for awhile. Sometimes I can find guys who are afk and kill farm them a bit. I don't like to go over 5 kills per guy though because this method is kind of cheesey.

5) When playing with my brother I drive while he shoots and we do fast hit and run drive-bys. He also serves as the navigator, marking targets on the map with the purple line so I can get to them without having to stop and check the map every time they move.

6) Sometimes me and my bro will get into a defensible location and I'll place a $9,000 bounty on him to lure in the other players, I'll then snipe them from a secure location as they close in on him. We'll also plant sticky bombs in the location at choke points incase I miss some of them and they get too close. The bush maze over at the FIB building (or whatever it is) is great for this. I'll put him down in the maze and get up on the roof of one of the buildings and snipe away as they run through the maze to get to him.

You're the type of player I really hate  <_<  Killing players for no apparent reason is just plain annoying. Hence the reason why I adapted the 'shoot first, ask questions later'-attitude. 

1) it's a trap

2) it's a trap

3) it's a trap

4) gotta commend you don't pass the 5 kill mark, but still... pretty weak imo

5) I don't mind that strategy, at least you give your victim a fighting chance

6) it's a trap

I do my shoot outs à la Gears of War. From cover to cover, moving from 1 CQC zone to another. I avoid open zones to avoid taking a sniper bullet in the head. 

You're the type of player I really hate  <_<  Killing players for no apparent reason is just plain annoying. Hence the reason why I adapted the 'shoot first, ask questions later'-attitude. 

Well, I guess we're not that different after all. ;)

RockJake28 likes this

God bless the radar in the FreeMode, i play with free aim and im like god, its a shame it doesnt work like that on Deathmatches....

That being said, i follow my own bushido, trying to keep my honor (you cant win forever, but you can always keep you honor)..... Basically i dont do what Sigma081 does, i always give people a chance face to face, i dont kill people AFK, i dont abuse sticky bombs, i dont camp at the LS customs, i dont lure people with bounties and i certainly dont shoot first ask questions later.....

If i want to kill people relentlessly i ask a friend to put me a 9,000 bounty so people knows in advance that they should kill me :)

God bless the radar in the FreeMode, i play with free aim and im like god, its a shame it doesnt work like that on Deathmatches....

That being said, i follow my own bushido, trying to keep my honor (you cant win forever, but you can always keep you honor)..... Basically i dont do what Sigma081 does, i always give people a chance face to face, i dont kill people AFK, i dont abuse sticky bombs, i dont camp at the LS customs, i dont lure people with bounties and i certainly dont shoot first ask questions later.....

If i want to kill people relentlessly i ask a friend to put me a 9,000 bounty so people knows in advance that they should kill me :)

I'd use free aim if it didn't feel like someone poured a liter of mollassas into my controller. GTA needs to make their gunplay more like SR which was responsive and had persistant targeting so when you bring up your gun you always know exactly where it is going to point.

As for your style, if you enjoy playing like that that's great. I prefer using gurrilla warfare tactics because that's what's most effective in free roam. When I want a fair fight I go into death matches. But honestly, you can cheese team death matches too; just find a defensible position, get one kill up on your opponents then play the waiting game. Patience is one of the most powerful weapons in GTA Online.

Grrr. Team deathmaches with only 1 life. Grrr. Talk about a turtle fest

Really loving your bushido man! If more people were like you, the place wouldn't be so hostile. 

Well, I guess we're not that different after all. ;)

True but essentially we are different. If I think somebody follows me, I take a left or a right, I just shake him/fer off. However if I see the player still follows me (AKA stalking), I take defensive position and I shoot. Then I just take off again, because I have no interest in having shootouts with players.

On other occassions I'm just minding my own business & encounter somebody with your playstyle and  :angry: GRRRR!!!!! It's CoD all over again, I become frenzy and start hunting you.

1) I even the score, I take off and leave you be

2) after an even score, you still hunt me down? I just go watch TV in my appartement, sent you multiple unfriendly SMS untill you leave lobby  :lol: 

3) if I'm totally not able to even the score, that's a sign to stop playing GTA for a while for I admit my unfortunate defeat. 

Yesterday I was in my appartment and some random dude buzzed at my door, I let him in, he followed me to my garage and jumped on my bike. Together, without microphone, we just hanged out. He killed me once accidently, but I didn't mind. We did 2 Simeon cars, killed 2 bounties, robbed 4 liquor stores & did 3 gang wars. THAT is the way how it is supposed to be IMHO. 

MegaSonicGeo likes this

True but essentially we are different. If I think somebody follows me, I take a left or a right, I just shake him/fer off. However if I see the player still follows me (AKA stalking), I take defensive position and I shoot. Then I just take off again, because I have no interest in having shootouts with players.

On other occassions I'm just minding my own business & encounter somebody with your playstyle and  :angry: GRRRR!!!!! It's CoD all over again, I become frenzy and start hunting you.

1) I even the score, I take off and leave you be

2) after an even score, you still hunt me down? I just go watch TV in my appartement, sent you multiple unfriendly SMS untill you leave lobby  :lol: 

3) if I'm totally not able to even the score, that's a sign to stop playing GTA for a while for I admit my unfortunate defeat. 

Yesterday I was in my appartment and some random dude buzzed at my door, I let him in, he followed me to my garage and jumped on my bike. Together, without microphone, we just hanged out. He killed me once accidently, but I didn't mind. We did 2 Simeon cars, killed 2 bounties, robbed 4 liquor stores & did 3 gang wars. THAT is the way how it is supposed to be IMHO. 

I've never played CoD, isn't the point in that game to kill eachother?

Same thing here. Sure there are a few cool guys like the one you mentioned but most will shoot you as soon as look at you. I took a bullet in the head just yesterday driving around minding my own business (well, I was actually driving to my sniping spot but stil...). The way I see it, it's kill or be killed, and gurilla warfare tactics and patience win the day most of the time.

Oh btw, I just came up with new strategy that you'll absolutly love /sarcasm

What I do is throw a sticky bomb onto my car and then crash into other players and detonate it. Suicide bomber for the win! B)

RockJake28 likes this

What I do is throw a sticky bomb onto my car and then crash into other players and detonate it. Suicide bomber for the win! B)

You Sir, are very cunning! :D Hahaha  :lol:

Sigma081 likes this

I've gotten used to the aim assist, when i try to use free aim i hit everything except what im aiming at.

MegaSonicGeo likes this

First gta multpleplayermatch I ran over an afk, and headshot a guy rushing him, distracting a roof camper who kills me, and then gets killed by my 2 teammates in reserve all with no mics... But I usually take cover or get in a car.

Sigma081 likes this

I am heavy weapons guy...

Some people think, they can out smart me, maybe maybe...

But i have yet to meet man who can outsmart bullet!

he he, cry some more.

Just get a jet and run strafe runs over a group of campers. Works every time.

Sigma081 likes this

To handle a shoot out you and your squad need to be positioned in a good spot depending on how big it is you should have 3 front line men 1 of them being in command, 5 men giving you support watching the front lines sides and enemy aircrafts that need to be shot down , and 2 snipers to get those long distance kills that the front line and support cant see.

I kill everyone and everything for the rest of the game if they kill me for no reason. >:)

Sigma081 likes this

Basically this.

[CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS FOR SCARFACE]

Except without the bit at the end.

Playing tactically in this game is indeed possible, but nigh-impossible to implement successfully, for more than 4 minutes, anyways. Sooner rather than later, it becomes a clusterf*ck, and in the end, it's who has right-lean advantage, who gets the last combat roll, and who is fastest aiming for the headshot.

Then some silly goose rolls up in a tank and you leave the session. And find that the server is chock-full of god-moders.

Sigma081 likes this