• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Gorejirass

Most broken games ever experienced?

45 posts in this topic

So I keep having trouble with games and I wanted to see if others have similar issues too. So what are the most broken games you've ever played?
Mine are: Anna, Lucius and unfortunately Skyrim. The third one breaks my heart cause I love it.

adamrulesurface likes this

Hey everyone! The most broken game I experienced was definitly Fallout 3 on the Playstation 3. Though it was an amazing game, one of my favorite games of last generation if not my favorite, it was sometimes a sloppy experience where the game kept freezing and the framerate came down to a slideshow... 

I also must mention Marvel Ultimate Allience also for the Playstation 3, very low frame rate and nearly unplayable to the poit I just didn't bother anymore. 

Gorejirass likes this

I like fallout 3 too. On pc though it didn't have any problem at all. Appart that it made a profile offline and a profile online and when I was playing I had a 50-50 chance for it to load one of them. 

Well you guys are talking about Broken but What is Broken to you??? (Note i now you are talking about steam not running it but that's just idk lazy theirs is always a work around you just have to find it.)

BTW Risen 1-2 and Gothic 1-4 are busted to me

Gorejirass likes this

Medal of Honor, newish one. Got it on a Steam sale, and it's awful. Controls dont work, gamepad dont work. It's probably the most infuriated i've been at a PC game, i've never experienced anything like it.

The Sims 3 (both the PC and Mac version). The game is littered with bugs and memory leaks. Some issues - like the main features of some of the expansions not working at all for some people -  have been reported since early 2009 but there have yet been any patches to address them. It's a 32 bit game that is a massive memory hog, causing freezes, stalls, and generally choppy gameplay because it runs out of memory constantly. The create-a-style tool, which is the main selling point of the game, leaks memory like a sift and after a couple hours of playing you have to restart the game or it will either lock up or crash. The game is famous for corrupting its own save games and generally have abysmal performance - it will run 150 fps and all animations will be frozen because it's too busy freeing up memory to do anything else.

I love building houses in that game, but omfg do you get a headache dealing with all the BS problems involved with doing it. EA support is of course as usual denying there is a problem - "upgrade your graphics driver" is the response you get to almost every problem reported, and Maxis is forced to constantly pump out new content so they don't have time to try and fix the game.

Gorejirass and Demiser500 like this

Well you guys are talking about Broken but What is Broken to you??? (Note i now you are talking about steam not running it but that's just idk lazy theirs is always a work around you just have to find it.)

BTW Risen 1-2 and Gothic 1-4 are busted to me

By broken I usually mean, full of problems. Like crashes, undeveloped gameplay, terrible framerate and being unable to launch is a criteria for me.

Starforge Alpha, while completely unfair to judge a game in development this was the most hilariously broken game I've ever played. I actually had more fun dicking around with how broken it was instead of actually playing it properly. Throwing myself into walls with the way ragdolls and physics work was so funny to me, I wouldn't recommend buying it though I'm just easily amused sometimes.

Gorejirass likes this

Blacklight Tango Down. I literally felt robbed because it was not even functional beyond the tutorials.

Guardians of Middle Earth just recently. Window mode is completely broken. Can't get past the intros or the title screen. Alt + enter doesn't work to go back fullscreen to try and get past the intro. Can probably screw with the ini file if I wanted to but I didn't want to waste anymore time on it, it's uninstalled now. If a game has that big of a problem with just getting windowed mode to work I'm not interested in even giving it a chance, sorry.

Gorejirass likes this

Fallout: New Vegas where the first thing you see is Dr. Mitchell spinning his head and random NPCs walking in the air. Funny as hell but it was broken on the first day of release

Gorejirass likes this

Divinity II: Ego Draconis. Couldn't save without the chance of it being corrupted or loading into a red frozen screen.

Second: Alpha Protocol.

For me it was Sword of the Stars 2 at launch. Now it is mostly fixed luckily but the launch was unplayeble

Gorejirass likes this

Right now it's sadly X: Rebirth. I was really pumped to get my dirty little fingers on this game, but it's so broken that I will hold of playing it until it's somewhat fixed. Performance problems, CTDs, missing voices, ugly textures and other stuff keep me from enjoying the game. But I'm not regretting my purchase, because Egosoft is kind of know for fixing their games and making them really great, even way after the initial release. So I just play some other stuff for now and  keep an eye on X: Rebirth.

Gorejirass likes this

One of the funniest would be Mass Effect (2? 3?) where the speaking character refused to lock onto Commander Shepard's eyes, looking in another direction while addressing her.

Even better was the blooper reel from The Matrix game Path Of Neo (which plays upon finishing the game):
(Actually a good game, don't let Enter The Matrix deter you.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSwrSqbIzZc

the bugs in 'Total Overdose' are fucking hilarious. It isn't really 'broken' per se, I mean the game is completely playable, it's just riddled with glitches and the physics and shit are messed up.

bought black ops when it came out, i wasn't able to play that for the week it came out, so i gave up and decided that i wont be bying any CoD game after that when i realized that they just gonna shit on pc ports.

Gorejirass likes this

I'll join some of the others in this thread in saying that the most broken games I've experienced are probably X Rebirth and Legends of Pegasus. But at the very least I can count on Egosoft solving many of the problems in X Rebirth, so that makes the experience somewhat less painful. I have to say, though, that the current performance issues in X Rebirth are absolutely horrible.

(P.S. These are the ones that came to mind first. I'd have to dig too deeply into my memory to really say whether these are the worst I've experienced.)

Well skyrim was hilarious and frustrating at launch and the subsequent weeks that followed. This is cheating a little but swtor beta.

The newest sim city. I never went back to it after all the problems at launch. Not out of anger but interest just left me.

The newest sim city. I never went back to it after all the problems at launch. Not out of anger but interest just left me.

I've played it more recently and I can say that it functions but I wouldn't give it much praise past that, I still think 4 is the best experience you'll get from simcity

Most games at least try to patch some errors. But Dungeon & Dragons: Daggerdale didnt. Its a half boring hack and slash that still missing textures of a lot of armors and weapons. And some other weird behavior. So if you see it on sale on Steam throw your money else where.