• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

pureimagination

Favorite 3ds games

19 posts in this topic

Right now I'm playing alot of animal crossing and fire emblem awakening. Fire emblem is like turn based strategy rpg for those that don't know. You move your dudes around a grid and they have different classes and weapons to equip and level up when they fight in combat, but if they die they stay dead! (at least on classic mode) Fire emblem can be a bitch though I often restart when one of my characters die. And animal crossing new leaf you just live in a town with cute animals and you are mayor, you get a house and the game is mostly centered around collecting and fun simple activities like fishing, and catching bugs and stuff. The game changes in time with seasons and holidays and every day there is something new happening in town. It's damn addicting in time it can get a little repetitive though. Making your house the way you want and meeting new towns folk and stuff is awesome though.

I want to get the new ace attorney dual destinies game but it's only sold digitally? WTF? It's probably one of the best games out for 3ds and they can't even sell physical copies in america wow thanks.

Sorry to admit it but that seems to be the way gaming is heading all digital

Let's see, so far my favorites have to be:

Fire Emblem: Awakening (need to finish)

Ocarina 3D

KH3D (kinda)

MGS3D Snake eater

Steamworld Dig

pureimagination likes this

Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Fire Emblem Awakening (even though the pairing system completely breaks the game)

Shin Megami Tensei 4

Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked

Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner Soul Hackers

Tales of the Abyss

Pokemon x and Y, and I've been enjoying Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies.

My brother bought a 3DS to play Zelda OoT (I played it back in the days on the Gamecube) & 1 day @the local gamestore I saw a second hand copy of Fire Emblem Awakening for 30 bucks it was relative new so I thought let's try it out! And OMG... It was Vandal Hearts all over again, but on a handheld! The biggest revelation of the year :D I started as a noob and after nearly 200 hours now I'm about to start a new campaign on Lunatic Classic mode :D Without a doubt I played more on his 3DS then he played it himself  :lol: 

The day after tomorrow I start playing the newest Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. 

Furthermore I want to get Tales of the Abyss, but can't find a copy of it. 3 Days ago I picked up Golden Sun Dark Dawn, but I haven't start playing it yet. Probably after Zelda ;)

In the past I have played and enjoyed Pokémon Red, Pokémon Silver, Pokémon Ruby & Pokémon FireRed. To be honest I want to play Pokémon Y because the old classic Pokémon are available + online trading? FINALLY! No more stupid cables and owning a dozen copies :D  I don't feel like getting to know all the new Pokémon of the last gens, I just feel like getting my hands on my oldskool team and beat the game with them. Charizard, Gengar, Venusaur, Blastoise, Zapdos & Alakazam :D 
But I won't play Pokémon Y, my brother would kill me if he catches me  :lol:

I already got Zelda Link Between Worlds! :P So far I'm loving it, so nostalgic! :D 

My brother bought a 3DS to play Zelda OoT (I played it back in the days on the Gamecube) 

I don't mean to be a dick or anything but it seems like you are trying to say you are cool because you played LoZ:OoT on the GameCube. Hate to break the news but it was an N64 title first. Just wanted to point out where the game started, not trying to be a giant bag of dicks.

1. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney 5 Dual Destinies (Ignore the digital thing. America loves shooters too much.)

Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate

Animal Crossing New Leaf

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance

Dead or Alive Dimensions (lol)

All the Harvest Moon games that have come out so far.  Right now I have A New Beginning and Rune Factory 4.  HV on the Nintendo 64 was the first game I ever played on this earth, so it's got special meaning for me. xD

Once I come into a little money I'll be buying Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem, and now that Atlas is localizing Conception 2, that's on my list as well. XD

Wow this is a perfect thread for me. I came on here because tonight at midnight I'm waiting in line with the Xbox One buyers and picking up a new Triforce 3DS XL...and this will be the first Nintendo system I have personally owned since Gameboy Color xP

I am going through the list for recommendations, but I'd like to expand on that:

Anyone have any good recommendations or favourite Nintendo DS  games they'd like to share? I'd like to go back to games I missed like Super Mario 64 DS and any good ones I missed

I would have to say Donkey kong country returns and star fox 64 for the 3ds.

I don't mean to be a dick or anything but it seems like you are trying to say you are cool because you played LoZ:OoT on the GameCube. Hate to break the news but it was an N64 title first. Just wanted to point out where the game started, not trying to be a giant bag of dicks.

Hahaha, sorry man, that was a memory fail on my part. I do own GameCube and N64. You're absolutely right! OoT was on N64, silly me. :) (I have quiet the collection of games and consoles, been gaming since '89)

Wow this is a perfect thread for me. I came on here because tonight at midnight I'm waiting in line with the Xbox One buyers and picking up a new Triforce 3DS XL...and this will be the first Nintendo system I have personally owned since Gameboy Color xP

I am going through the list for recommendations, but I'd like to expand on that:

Anyone have any good recommendations or favourite Nintendo DS  games they'd like to share? I'd like to go back to games I missed like Super Mario 64 DS and any good ones I missed

Try Fire Emblem Awakening, Fire Emblem is a Nintendo exclusive and a good one! 

Don't play my 3DS much but

Fire Emblem Awakening

Star Fox 64 3D

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance

Mario Kart

Legend of Zelda OoT

Wait a second. Why is this in Last Gen? The 3DS is Eighth Gen.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Why? 

I GET TO KILL SHIT AND MAKE WEAPONS!

I got zelda a link between worlds a couple days ago. I love this game. It's very old school style zelda but oh my god its good. probably my favorite 3ds game now.

and to make an actual list:

1. zelda a link between worlds

2. animal crossing new leaf

3.fire emblem awakening

4. Mario kart 7 (my brothers game though :/)

5. star fox 64 3d (It's game a I always wanted as a kid on n64 but never had >.<)

7. super mario 3d land (also my brothers game)