• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

ThePeruvian

New to the game? AMA Planetside (Max rank guy here :D)

18 posts in this topic

Hi! My names in game are ThePeruvian (BR 100 TR), ThePeruvian01 (BR 49 VS), and ThePeruvian02 (BR 59 NC) and I thought I'd share my knowledge of the game for anyone who is new to the game or existing player.

Just so you guys know:

• I've played all factions (TR, VS, NC)
  • I've played all roles (medic, engi, heavy,....)
  • I've used all vehicles (even cross faction but tanks not so much)
  • I'm a flying llama, who will eventually become dragon llama
  • I've used all vehicles in TR to very high ends
  • I'm a pilot across all factions (ESF primarily, Liberator, Galaxy -occasionally)
  • I've played both playstyles (Solo and in squads/platoons)

So got any questions? Or did I make this post for no reason *sad llama face*

AlShareef114, Arkticus and Solid like this

hi ThePeruvian i'm new in this game, going to play this game to support the community, any tips for a noob?

thanks

hi ThePeruvian i'm new in this game, going to play this game to support the community, any tips for a noob?

thanks

The most obvious all around tip is play in groups, join a squad/platoon, so long as they are friendly they should give you tips as you go along.

When in groups remember:

• To join a squad or platoon press "insert", it will drop you into a rnadom one OR press "P"
    • Pressing P will show you the list of platoons/squads avaible with info such as current continent (INDAR - desert. ESAMIR - snow, AMERISH - forest/mountains) and what outfit they belong to.
  • To listen for orders
  • To follow waypoint (Green = squad) (yellow = platoon)
    • A squad is formed of 12 players, and a platoon is formed of 4 squads
    • the waypoint you have to follow depends on your current leaders
  • Your platoon or squad leaders can occasionally disconnect, and YOU will be given lead by deafult: make sure you check if you are platooon or squad leader
    • If you are number one in the squad=> then you are squad leader, or if you press "P" and your name is highlighted yellow => you are platoon lead
  • Make sure to bind your push to talk keys in game to something comfortable depending on what you use most
    • Squad
    • Platoon
    • Proximity
    • Outfit

Other helpful tips

• Hear someone spamming music nearby or in other chats? NO PROBLEM
    • You can mute him by pressing "enter" on the numpad while they are talking
  • Hear someone speaking too low or too loud?
    • You can press +/- signs on your numpad to turn them up or down while they are talking
  • Be a team player!
    • If you are engineer - repair / give ammo
    • medic - heal
  • REMEMBER TO SPOT with "Q"
  • You can change firing mode with "B"
    • This lets you change to/from semi-auto/auto/burst fire
      • it also lets you turn your engineer turret into an ammo pack

Im new too,

first thx for the offer to teach some noobs the basics! Probs and a like for that.

My first Question is: What about the Outfit? What is it? I think it has to do something whit the Clantag right?

My Secound question: How do i get the AJSA in front of my Charakters name? I read something that one of the council members wo is active in PS2 had to invite me into the outfit or something? So how do i get this done?

My Charakter name by the way is like her AlShareef114 on Waterson.

Im new too,

first thx for the offer to teach some noobs the basics! Probs and a like for that.

My first Question is: What about the Outfit? What is it? I think it has to do something whit the Clantag right?

My Secound question: How do i get the AJSA in front of my Charakters name? I read something that one of the council members wo is active in PS2 had to invite me into the outfit or something? So how do i get this done?

My Charakter name by the way is like her AlShareef114 on Waterson.

IMPORTANT: In order to recieve the tag, and be in the community group with the AJSA, you MUST BE ON THE SAME SERVER.

The SERVER you must choose in order to be part of the community is "WATERSON" (its a U.S EAST) - keep in mind when making a new character to click the option "show all servers" if you can't find your desired destination :P 

That being said, if you don't have a character yet check out the link in my signature for some free start up goodies :D (your account has to be new or have been inactive in order to use)

To answer your first question:

Ok, so the rules of the AJSA state that WHEN possible, you should wear the tag AJSA on all your games.

However planetside 2 does not allow you to do that because in PS2, Outfits = Clans, and the Outfit tags/Clan tags are unique to each outfit EVEN if they only have one member.

To answer your second question:

In order to get your tag/get in the outfit at the same time you have to message one of these guys in game or possibly add them as a friend, and ask them for an invite: 

• DortorEvil
  • Warkings
  • Sparro
  • Mortraven

You can add anyone even when they are offline, but you cannot recieve an invite to an outfit while offline (because planetside) So best time to get in touch with them would be probably before the event this friday at 5pm EST and 9 pm EST Waterson

OR

you can catch them on the AJSA TS: ts3.ajsagaming.com 

I know it isn't really my place to suggest but maybe someone could pin a new thead in the Planetside 2 sections about the FAQ outfit questions? I.e

-How do I get tags/join outfit/friend request officer

-TS details and how to sign up and get access

Also maybe a note how if people don't seem to be talking to you in Outfit chat it isn't because they hate or are ignoring you it's most likely that they are busy killing enemies and using Team Speak to chat.

Thx @ ThePeruvian im seeing a new Sargent her! Would be cool to follow you in Battle.

And because of the starterpack im gona start a new account now because of this :D

ThePeruvian likes this

I know it isn't really my place to suggest but maybe someone could pin a new thead in the Planetside 2 sections about the FAQ outfit questions? I.e

-How do I get tags/join outfit/friend request officer

-TS details and how to sign up and get access

Also maybe a note how if people don't seem to be talking to you in Outfit chat it isn't because they hate or are ignoring you it's most likely that they are busy killing enemies and using Team Speak to chat.

you know i figured by now someone would have made this, at least on the HOW-TO-JOIN as it is absolutely the most requested thing on this forum lol

I am going to pin this topic for now. I highly recommend asking ThePeruvian about any questions PS2 related, especially if you are new to the game or a novice.

Try to keep questions on point about the game itself and not about guild and event issues, feedback, etc as that belongs here: http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/8421-what-can-we-do-better-in-events/

ThePeruvian likes this

Hi! My names in game are ThePeruvian (BR 100 TR), ThePeruvian01 (BR 49 VS), and ThePeruvian02 (BR 59 NC) and I thought I'd share my knowledge of the game for anyone who is new to the game or existing player.

Just so you guys know:

• I've played all factions (TR, VS, NC)
  • I've played all roles (medic, engi, heavy,....)
  • I've used all vehicles (even cross faction but tanks not so much)
  • I'm a flying llama, who will eventually become dragon llama
  • I've used all vehicles in TR to very high ends
  • I'm a pilot across all factions (ESF primarily, Liberator, Galaxy -occasionally)
  • I've played both playstyles (Solo and in squads/platoons)

So got any questions? Or did I make this post for no reason *sad llama face*

Hi peruvian, double question here. First off, I'm at about 380 certs, should I save for the last med tool upgrade or get a better gun now (I've been trying to save for that upgrade). Second question, what is the best gun for the medic. A lot of people tell me go close quarters weapon, but I don't know which one and I don't want a shotgun as I do often find myself having to fight mid range as well.

Get the med tool. It revives people at 100% health has more range and is effective. I have almost 100 hours on Planetside 2 pretty much dedicated medic it's really really handy.

Got any tips for Mosquito piloting? I get shot down so damn easy.

Get the med tool. It revives people at 100% health has more range and is effective. I have almost 100 hours on Planetside 2 pretty much dedicated medic it's really really handy.

Ok, just having it revive people at 100% is good enough, didn't realise it had 4m revive range lol.

Hi peruvian, double question here. First off, I'm at about 380 certs, should I save for the last med tool upgrade or get a better gun now (I've been trying to save for that upgrade). Second question, what is the best gun for the medic. A lot of people tell me go close quarters weapon, but I don't know which one and I don't want a shotgun as I do often find myself having to fight mid range as well.

I would go med-tool, you revive so fast that it is almost like bf3 reviving

In terms of guns, theres a funny story, the best weapons tend to be the ones that are 250 certs (for medic at least)

for medic TR = TAR, NC= Carnage BR, VS= HV45 keep in mind these are regarded as best at CQC but are still quite devastating at range

As a side note REMEMBER: ANY "NS" CLASS WEAPON IS UNLOCKED FOR ALL FACTIONS IF YOU PURCHASE IT WITH STATION CASH

any other gun bought with SC will unlock across all characters but of same faction only

Vikeyev likes this

As for the weapon you can unlock the NS-7 PDW, it's a SMG that performs pretty well at close quarters without sacrificing the mid-range like other SMGs, not to mention that it can be used on all classes (and if you buy it with SC it can be used on all your characters on all the factions, since it's a NS weapon)

You can watch this review for more technical data and usage tips

Shadow Stealer and ThePeruvian like this

As for the weapon you can unlock the NS-7 PDW, it's a SMG that performs pretty well at close quarters without sacrificing the mid-range like other SMGs, not to mention that it can be used on all classes (and if you buy it with SC it can be used on all your characters on all the factions, since it's a NS weapon)

You can watch this review for more technical data and usage tips

I aprove of this comment!

Although you can be outgunned by other cqc weapons, this certainly retains some pretty good capabilities for range AND it works for all classes (except max of course) 

BUT it does cost you 1000certs /700 SC as opposed to 250 for the medic ones I suggested

Keep in mind though, if you are cross faction buy this with SC so you can get it on all your  characters regardless of faction