• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

nibbler1010

Emulators (Good or Bad)?

Emulators GOOD/BAD ?   14 members have voted

1. 1. Good/Bad?

• Good
    • Bad

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 posts in this topic

I have been playing on a lot of emulators recently. Someone told me that I should actually buy the games and not get them illegally, but I  don't have the money to go out and buy a new N64 with all the games I want. Do you think it's OK to use emulators? Why or why not?   

ydna69 and SirGarwin like this

Well the N64 is completely obsolete and finding a new one would be hard. Personally it is your choice and a survey (though i did not think to copy the source grrrrr) found that of those that pirated via emulators would buy the games personally if they were cheap enough and support the franchise making them. Some people who use emulators are sending the message that certain game content suck or is too pricey or too much DLC. Whatever the case, people that pirate more than likely do so for one of these reasons than just outright pirate just because. Remember good and bad can only be viewed through your eyes. Choose your choice.

Emulators for obsolete console games are a must as of this age, since most of them doesn't even have an extra copies anymore to sell.

I don't think emulators are bad. As long as you are playing really old games that developers don't produce or make money from any more. I only use emulators to play really old Pokémon games that are to expensive for me to buy.

nibbler1010 likes this

I believe that emulators for older generation game systems like from then N64 and playstation generation to atari 2600 and older is okay to use an emulator for since some of the games that you can buy online (NES games) is outrageously expensive.  This is just my opinion and I can understand if anyone disagrees.

nibbler1010 likes this

I dont think its bad.

In my opinion you dont "hurt" the franchise and companys. They produced the game(s) and console a long time ago so they arent affected anymore by those emulators.

Im using an emulator by myself. Playing Pokemon on the iphone is so bloody great!! ;)

nibbler1010 likes this

Emulating games is okay as long as you OWN the games physically. IF you really can't find a copy to buy I guess you have no other coice, but emulationg games like Pokémon Black/White is not right and illegal. You should support game developers, and emulating games you can buy in every store is plain stealing.

Huxshot likes this

Emulators are 100% okay. However, downloading illegal copies of games you can easily get legit copies of is not. There are ways to get the N64 games on your computer, you just have to look it up.

Good for old games bad for new games.

Shouldn't this be in General Discussion ?

beauner94 likes this