• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

vanhoe

Subbed or Dubbed

Subbed or Dubbed   148 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer your anime subbed or dubbed?

• Subbed
    • Dubbed
    • I can understand them without translations.
    • I don't watch chinese cartoons.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

111 posts in this topic

1354920573434.jpg

Subbed or dubbed, that is the question.

DUBBED if I find a dubbed version of an anime my mind kinda auto adjusts after a few episodes like HSOTD didn't really like the dub but got use to it ENGLISH FTW xD 

Dubbed, just simpler than reading the subtitles.

Depends really.  Some stuff I would rather watch Dub  (e.g.  Cowboy Bebop.) while other Sub. (e.g xxxholic)

Oh and in the poll it should mainly be Japanese and not Chinese.

J2D and Renegade like this

When I do watch anime or any other foreign media, I Prefer dubbed.  I just like hearing the words in a language I understand.

Depends really.  Some stuff I would rather watch Dub  (e.g.  Cowboy Bebop.) while other Sub. (e.g xxxholic)

Oh yea Cowboy Bebop is the shit. 

Subbed all the way i just cant stand hearing the english translations, the voice actors are usually just so bad in comparison.

Dyzzles, zawisz and Fluffboll like this

Depends...There are animes where the dubed version is better there are others where the subbed one is.It purely depends on the voice actors.

subbed most of the time dubs usually mess up on things where subs get get it right

The Bump likes this

Subbed.

First of all I want to watch how it's meant to be watched + english voice acting is just so bad when it comes to anime.

Greyloc likes this

I'm pretty sure that was meant as a joke. Also I agree. It all really depends on how well the dub is done when compared to the Sub. Not saying subbed is always prefect...

vanhoe likes this

Subbed, cause wynaut.

Reading that comic strip, I now realized how important Static Subs were in influencing Eclipse not to make their usual subs style. After all, SS-Eclipse was legendary back then. That, and we're lacking UTW

4kids is 4kids, as always

krsnik666 likes this

Subbed, cause wynaut.

Reading that comic strip, I now realized how important Static Subs were in influencing Eclipse not to make their usual subs style. After all, SS-Eclipse was legendary back then. That, and we're lacking UTW

UTW is too good that they're not funny. gg on the other hand, they make quality troll subs.

1345081914505.jpg

Dubbed. Due to the fact that some of the translators do screw up sometimes...

I like dubbed myself cause then i can listen to my shows while blasting things *pew pew*

UTW is too good that they're not funny. gg on the other hand, they make quality troll subs.

1345081914505.jpg

gg is annoying for that, you know. Especially when one is limited to broadband quota.

Depends if either one is bad.

Sometimes English dubbed anime shows are cringe-worthy, same goes with Japanese dubbed ones.

Also, subbed anime shows or foreign films made me a fast reader. 

Subbed, cause wynaut.

UTW are awesome soo many sub groups out there Subdesu are great in both their departments

UTW are awesome soo many sub groups out there Subdesu are great in both their departments

Sorry but Subdesu is only great for hentai.

Sorry but Subdesu is only great for hentai.

haha they are good at subbing anime the little they do.

typically subs but sometimes i feel lazy and watch the Dub