• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Mad Hattress

Mini Xbox Rant

25 posts in this topic

I am a Microsoft fan. I love the 360, and while I'm aware that Microsoft has messed up with the Xbox One, I am still looking forward to getting it. I think the PS4 will be great as well, and will be getting it later when the new Infamous games come out, but for now I am excited to get my hands on the Xbox. That being said, I am kind of irked in regards to the way most places are talking about the PS4 and how great it is, when in reality, they're saying it's amazing because in their own words 'The PS3 was such a disaster'. Is it really fair to heap praise on something for being better than...awful? Like when they talk about the PS4 controller everyone is saying how great it is compared to the PS3 controller but you never hear much about the new Xbox One controller because the 360 controller was great and felt great. They say that the Xbox One controller is really good and feels very natural, but since the 360 controller was so good, they don't have as much praise for the Xbox One controller because its changes are smaller and less dramatic. There is also all the hype regarding 720 and 1080 which I don't really understand so much. As far as I remember a lot of the PS3 games only ran in 720 and the 360 was 1080, but that wasn't a big deal. No one could really tell the difference, but now it is a huge difference? It just seems like to me that no matter what, Xbox just can't do right as of late despite what they might try. They had a huge fiasco when they announced the new Xbox in the beginning. Personally, I was interested in what they were selling. Always on was new and different, and while I was uncertain if it would work, I was willing to give it a try to see what it would be like. Now a lot of the features have been taken back due to them going to disc based gaming, which was also a mistake. Realistically, they should have had the option for both disc based and always online from the beginning to cater to a larger market. That being said, they did go back and changed it to what the majority wanted. Then when they said there would be no headset, the internet cried out, and now we get a headset with the console. Microsoft does seem to at least be trying to get back in good graces with their consumers. I know a lot of their practices are solely for money, but really I've never had many complaints about my 360. I guess my point is this, what do you guys think about the Xbox One? Do you think the PS4 deserves the praise for being so much better than the PS3? And do you think all the hate toward the Xbox One is really justified? 

lol, fair enough. I am going to try to get a gaming PC next year. I love my consoles though, which is why I'm getting the Xbox, but I have definitely been looking toward getting a good gaming PC as well.

The hate is more or less justified towards the xbox one. They did a lot of terrible things, mainly a failure at marketing and adapting to consumer wants. They went to far in believing that the consumer doesn't know what they want, while this is true it is only so to a point. They didn't listen in time and now they are paying for it.

As for the ps3 and 360 running in 720p/1080p, neither of them did, what you saw in terms of resolution is a result of up scaling. They most likely ran 480p (standard resolution, not HD) native 

As for the ps4/xboxOne running on 720p/1080p that is native resolutions (no up scaling). That is to even say if your tv can even handle those resolutions, most run at 720p. So no resolution is not a big deal. Often times devs will choose to run in 720p in exchange for better performance, fps or more items on screen, which is what actually matters.

I hope this clears a few things up.

Personally I think the hate is a little over the top now that they changed their stance but they did mess up pretty bad. I do think its hilarious that people were decrying the One for having the Kinect and saying it would spy on you and then Sony came out and said they reserve the right to "monitor and record" your text and voice messaging and no one made a huge deal out of it.

I got hands on with the One at an event and played Ghosts and BF4 and was impressed with the graphical fidelity and FPS. I have a gaming pc and I'll more than likely keep that if I'm looking for graphical improvements, I'm running current stuff at pretty much the same level, but the consoles provide a different type of play. I like the One over the PS4 as it provides more than just games.

Ryuhokori likes this

Personally I liked both the PS3 and 360, and both controllers.  I owned both.  That doesn't stop me from saying the DS4 (I own a PS4) is one of the best controllers I have held.  

I disagree with you that the PS3 was "awful".  It really wasn't.  I did like the 360 more but the PS3 had its benefits and drawbacks, as did the 360.  The same will probably be true for the One and PS4.  

I do agree that the One has been getting a lot of unnecessary hate and this is mainly because people feel the need to say one console is better than the other.  This, to me, is the most ridiculous argument.  I also view brand loyalty with utter bemusement.  I don't get brand loyalty at all.  If a company is good I go with them, if a better one comes along and the company I'm with doesn't do it for me anymore, I change.  Such is life.  

I have a PS4, I got it at launch.  It is a fantastic machine and I'm glad I bought it.  That opinion isn't because I've compared it to the PS3 and I don't know of anyone reputable that would compare the two.

I will buy an Xbox One in the future.  Why? Because I'm a gamer, and I hope both consoles take off and I hope both consoles get amazing games.  This whole "which is better" is solely to make people ok with laying out a large amount of money, to make them feel like they've made the right choice.  It's ridiculous and doesn't serve the community at all.  

The problem with the X-Box one in it's initial state was the stupid decision that somebody made to have discless play, and here's why.

You see, you can buy games in one of two formats right now. Physical discs or downloadable games (BTW, if I had my way, the world would stop calling them digital downloads, as opposed to analogue downloads? It's pretty stupid if you think about it.). These two formats have their advantages and disadvantages.

Downloads are great because their convenient, gives dev's a bigger piece of the pie, cheaper to produce and are kinder to the environment since there's no shipping, material waste or manufacturing involved. They also offer you discless play. The benefits of physical disks are they're good for collectors and people who enjoy having a game collection, easy to trade in, sell and swap with friends, so arguably makes it a cheaper way to game and better for people who have poor internet connections and can't download big games files quickly.

The installation discs that were planned for the X-Box One have quite literally the problems of both with the advantages of neither. The DRM and used game polices were implemented to combat how easily these games would be to pirate. The DRM to authenticate the files on your console and the used game polices to stop people copying the game between multiple systems. The only benefit would be that people could enjoy discless play without internet, but of course that gets wiped out by the fact the console was always online.

Another issue is the hard drive. It was (and since all X-Box one games still require some form of install, still is) not nealry big enough and thus greatly limits the consoles life span.

Granted allot of this has changed, and I would consider getting an X-Box one if it wasn't for the X-Box Live Gold paywall and the supreme bullshit that it is. Ultimately, consumers want options, and thats what the X-Box One in it's original state didn't offer.

Don't get me wrong, there's plenty about the X-Box One to like. Even though it was so badly presented, I like the idea of hooking up your cable/satalite box to you console and switch between the two easily. I like the new kinnect, seems to bwy way supeior to the previous one and I hope it get's the dev support it desperately needs. It also (at least, appers to) have superior multimedia capability compared to the PS4 and WiiU.

You see, we didn't jump on the hate wagon, we just hated it. Thanks to our feed back, X-Box customers are now getting a much better deal with the X-Box One and should be thankful for the bad press the console received.

Sevenid, Crazycrab and Nasty Note like this

No , its not fair. PS3 WAS better than 360 in last gen in graphics and selling but XBOX has always been online focused (At least since the 360) XBOX ONE is better than PS4 IMO in many things,
The online: Xbox one will aim to make better the online features through the cloud, the Single player will also be affected by this. Each game will have dedicated servers which will recude LAG and other conection issues. 
The features: PS4 is basically PS3.8.0 they added new software and Hardware, yes, but the console is basically the same with diferent politics. XBOX will offer FULL MEDIA SUPPORT, not just videogames. If you just want to play you can and will do it.

The resoulution IS a stupid issue. I have my XBOX 360 in 1020p and PS3 (With it's max resolution being 720p) still managed to look better through a diferent graphic output (PS had more anianslasing... or watever and framework while XBOX had focus on the character textures and filters which makes a very hard to see diference). I really don't get why the 360 did had 1020p but One can't, and i don't get why people make a rant about the resolution when last gen it didn't made ANY difference at all. 

Internet is full with xbox haters but those who can think rationally can see that XBOX is at the height (and maybe above) of the PS4. 

Personally: I'm getting the XBOX One next year to avoid first release issues (Like the red ring of doom) and the PS4 later. While XBOX has announced a lot of exclusives, and i WILL get one, PS has done good as well (But i don't like the fact that they moked the XBOX so much) and i will eventually buy it too. 

Meanwhile, i shall play on my PC :3

Ryuhokori likes this

The features: PS4 is basically PS3.8.0 they added new software and Hardware, yes, but the console is basically the same with diferent politics. 

How can you say this without owning a PS4? I own a PS4 and a PS3 and I definitely wouldn't say it's PS3 8.0.  The improvements to PSN are drastic, first and foremost being the download and install times.  The UI has been redone with the crappy XMB gone and replaced with a smooth, easy to navigate UI that's simple.  Seriously people who have no idea what they are talking about should keep quiet because you will send out the wrong information to people.  If you don't own the console, don't comment on it.

I like the social/media features along with the software of X1...It doesn't bother me that others may have different views on the console.

I like a variety of the new features. I just like the fact i can transfer my 'cheevos and gamerscore to the next gen.

I, myself, had both a 360 and PS3 within a year of both of their releases. I had my issues with both. I red-ringed several 360s (I stopped counting after 3), so for me the launch of the 360 was a much larger disaster than the PS3 (which one of those still broke on me). As far as how much I liked either one, I have to say I enjoyed the 360 better. PS3 may have had slightly better looking graphics in some games, but what killed it for me was the frame drops that I experienced with the console. The time this was a HUGE issue for me was when I bought a PS3 version of Skyrim, and it was so terrible and unplayable that I ended up buying a 360 version, which played absolutely fine. I also competitively play fighting games, and frame hiccups in those kinds of games are not by any means acceptable.

Now for next gen, I have neither and can only go by what I hear of both consoles. I will eventually get a XBO 1 or 2 years down the road, but I'm getting the PS4 in a matter of ASAP! lol. I actually don't hate Microsoft for what they were trying to do. I understand they were trying to make a future-proof console, and they were actually trying to be pretty progressive in terms of online rights with things like "family sharing" and the such. My biggest reason for being a stronger supporter of the PS4 has to be the difference in power. Everywhere there is discussion on how much more powerful the PS4 is, and Microsoft's "power isn't everything" statements all but confirm this. I either pay $399 for a stronger gaming machine, or I pay $499 for a weaker console and...Kinect. This is the thing I hate the most about XBO. The only thing I would've liked about the Kinect would've been the voice controls, but from what I'm hearing, those don't work as well as advertized. Needless to say, there is simply more value for me in buying the PS4 at this time.

I'm also with SimplyMonkey on the whole "brand loyalty" thing. Loyalty is a two-way street. If your just giving, and the company does not reward said loyalty, there is no point in sticking around. Buy whatever and stick to whoever benefits you personally the most. Sounds selfish, and in the movies the selfish suffer, but in the real world this is what gets you the most out of life.

I am a Microsoft fan. I love the 360, and while I'm aware that Microsoft has messed up with the Xbox One, I am still looking forward to getting it. I think the PS4 will be great as well, and will be getting it later when the new Infamous games come out, but for now I am excited to get my hands on the Xbox. That being said, I am kind of irked in regards to the way most places are talking about the PS4 and how great it is, when in reality, they're saying it's amazing because in their own words 'The PS3 was such a disaster'. Is it really fair to heap praise on something for being better than...awful? Like when they talk about the PS4 controller everyone is saying how great it is compared to the PS3 controller but you never hear much about the new Xbox One controller because the 360 controller was great and felt great. They say that the Xbox One controller is really good and feels very natural, but since the 360 controller was so good, they don't have as much praise for the Xbox One controller because its changes are smaller and less dramatic. There is also all the hype regarding 720 and 1080 which I don't really understand so much. As far as I remember a lot of the PS3 games only ran in 720 and the 360 was 1080, but that wasn't a big deal. No one could really tell the difference, but now it is a huge difference? It just seems like to me that no matter what, Xbox just can't do right as of late despite what they might try. They had a huge fiasco when they announced the new Xbox in the beginning. Personally, I was interested in what they were selling. Always on was new and different, and while I was uncertain if it would work, I was willing to give it a try to see what it would be like. Now a lot of the features have been taken back due to them going to disc based gaming, which was also a mistake. Realistically, they should have had the option for both disc based and always online from the beginning to cater to a larger market. That being said, they did go back and changed it to what the majority wanted. Then when they said there would be no headset, the internet cried out, and now we get a headset with the console. Microsoft does seem to at least be trying to get back in good graces with their consumers. I know a lot of their practices are solely for money, but really I've never had many complaints about my 360. I guess my point is this, what do you guys think about the Xbox One? Do you think the PS4 deserves the praise for being so much better than the PS3? And do you think all the hate toward the Xbox One is really justified? 

As a first and foremost Playstation fan, I'm getting tired of all the bandwagoning hate for the Xbone and worshipping for the PS4 like it's the messiah of the video game industry.

Yes, microsoft's first unveiling of the Xbox One was a total disaster, but they did try to make up for their mistakes. Meanwhile, Sony had the upper hand because all they had to do was to make an unveiling that wasn't as bad. So while PS4 has made a better presentation than XB1, it's mostly because the XB1 presentation was bad to begin with and Sony has during all this time been carried by the large bandwagon of fans.

And when it comes to resolution, the difference between 720p and 1080p isn't that noticeable on a smaller screen, but trust me, if you're sitting close to a 35"+ monitor, you're gonna notice a big difference. A game having 720p on a next-gen console (looking at you, COD: Ghosts) is also annoying because the format has been around for so long and is getting outdated, especially as 4k resolution is starting to become a thing.

Now if only they would treat Killer Instinct with some form of dignity.

They are merely publishing the game. There is a difference between publishing and developing. Whether the game is good or bad has nothing to do with Microsoft.

Personally I think the hate is a little over the top now that they changed their stance but they did mess up pretty bad. I do think its hilarious that people were decrying the One for having the Kinect and saying it would spy on you and then Sony came out and said they reserve the right to "monitor and record" your text and voice messaging and no one made a huge deal out of it.

I got hands on with the One at an event and played Ghosts and BF4 and was impressed with the graphical fidelity and FPS. I have a gaming pc and I'll more than likely keep that if I'm looking for graphical improvements, I'm running current stuff at pretty much the same level, but the consoles provide a different type of play. I like the One over the PS4 as it provides more than just games.

The FPS on BF on The Xbox one is worse then that of the PS4 FPS. PS4 Is 50% stronger, and graphics are much better on the PS4. Xbone is garbage

People say they "messed up", but I was well up for getting a XBOX1 when they announced it, I thought the always on "DRM" would enhance -my- gaming experience, who doesn't always have their consoles connected to the internet anyway? And was a little disappointed with the reverse in decision. But hey-ho.

Both consoles have their merits and their pitfalls. I neither love or loathe either of them. But now to me, they're 'meh'.

PS4 Is 50% stronger, and graphics are much better on the PS4. Xbone is garbage

That simply isn't true, at all, on any level. Hardware and performance wise, they' almost the same. The PS4 is only slightly better graphics wise, but It's not noticeable.

Ryuhokori likes this

People say they "messed up", but I was well up for getting a XBOX1 when they announced it, I thought the always on "DRM" would enhance -my- gaming experience, who doesn't always have their consoles connected to the internet anyway? And was a little disappointed with the reverse in decision. But hey-ho.

Both consoles have their merits and their pitfalls. I neither love or loathe either of them. But now to me, they're 'meh'.

No less that 15% of people in the developed world and a further 15% with slow connection, people in rural area's, the men and wooman serving the armed forces and people otherwise working in countries with poor internet or no internet connection, people who simply don't want to connect their games console online (they do exist), shall I go on?

It's people with that level of ignorance and selfishness who let Microsoft think they could get way with those polices in the first place.

hornedturtle likes this

That simply isn't true, at all, on any level. Hardware and performance wise, they' almost the same. The PS4 is only slightly better graphics wise, but It's not noticeable.

1080p compared to 720p isn't a noticeable difference!? 

1080p compared to 720p isn't a noticeable difference!? 

Sure, but seeing as both consoles support 1080p I don't see why that's an argument.

Sure, but seeing as both consoles support 1080p I don't see why that's an argument.

Their is a difference between 720p upscaled to 1080p compared to native 1080p. I don't like it when xbox fans just say the difference isn't noticeable when that is not true at all. 

Their is a difference between 720p upscaled to 1080p compared to native 1080p. I don't like it when xbox fans just say the difference isn't noticeable when that is not true at all. 

Yes there is a difference, but both consoles are capable of supporting 1080p, 1080i, and 720p resolutions. Just because some games aren't 1080p doesn't mean the console isn't capable of supporting it.

Yes there is a difference, but both consoles are capable of supporting 1080p, 1080i, and 720p resolutions. Just because some games aren't 1080p doesn't mean the console isn't capable of supporting it.

True they both support 1080p however we have yet to see any developer to get their game running 1080p 60fps on the xbox one.