• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Angry Joe

AJ Mission: Pledge to The Mandate! *Contest*

202 posts in this topic

+++Incoming message from Command+++

/Message Begins/+++

This is Angry Joe, listen up soldiers! It's come to my attention that a game worth your viewing is in need of your consideration and support!

They are under attack from all sides in the war for coverage, PS4, Xbox One, and even Star Citizen forces have been pinning them down out there on the front lines. They've called in the reinforcements.

We are sending in our Airborne Division now to back them up ASAP! Please consider being the tip of the sword for us on this one. Pledge to make this awesome game a reality and do your part by spreading the word to everyone you know during its last 2 weeks!

I've prepared a briefing for this Mission Via Video Transmission See it here! Do the right thing. Support our friends in battle!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1964463742/the-mandate

00270789ffd422e6afcbfc202a1149c8_large.p
690a85702f645e5081c1ab337c56b0e0_large.j

FREE GIVEAWAY!
The AJSA Is Running 2 Free Giveaway's to encourage your support of the game!

If you pledge at any level [Warrant Officers] $20 or above & you share your pledge of the game via social media (twitter, facebook, google plus, youtube, etc.) please post in this thread in our new Kickstarter Campaign Forums with screenshot proof.

If you do so you are automatically entered to win 1 of only a few Art Print's of the amazing fan art created by their concept artist GarretAJ! (himself a fan of the show)

20131119_183936.jpg

In addition one Grand Prize Winner will receive a Script from the game Signed by David Bradley (Lord Walder Frey from Game of Thrones) who lends his Voice Acting for the first time to a Video game with The Mandate!

126_108651564.jpg
Pledge or Walder Frey will show up to a future wedding of you or your loved ones!

I backed it about a week or two ago, an excellent looking game that I've tried to get others to support. One of two great looking games I am currently backing that have a lot to reach their goal. Hoping the rest of the army helps to push it past the 500,000 goal. This actually looks like it would be one of my dream games as well as Joe's.

Was happy to see Brian Fargo also donate today, hopefully they will bring in some more people from their Kickstarters.

silence0000 and gotthammer like this

Adding a link to the Kickstarter page might be an idea. :)

Edit: I see the news post got updated while I was posting here.

So it's kinda like a cheap pre-order, right? Thanks for explaining it to me, Legolas. Sounds fine

Took me a little longer to figure out how to add images than I'd care to admit (I'm VERY tired).

AND for whatever reason, Facebook didn't want to admit that I'd made a pledge so I've had to take two separate screenshots. Hope this suffices. Very intriguing concept, I'll be keeping a close eye to see how this develops for sure. 

Also, will this be a complete out of the hat, random draw? Or will it go to the most deserving of contributors? Because if the latter is the case, I think I better start writing a nice piece of bootlicking prose.  :D Seriously, fantastic artwork. 

post-22279-0-63841300-1384938456_thumb.p

post-22279-0-03073100-1384938458_thumb.p

Sorry Joe, I know you said it was your dream game, but.... if the public pays 500,000 dollars for the project to start up,and then they pay 20 dollars to download it later? What do the public get for their support? Besides an awesome game, of course, which is good...but ...I dunno how to say this...if the game is free later on it makes sense, but if we pay to get it made, and then pay again to play...

I'd understand it if it were an investment; you either get profits, or a say in the Company, or something. You must get something? So donations....to a game company, which then sells the product made with your donations....is new for me? I guess. 

I understand why people would donate, of course...sometimes it's worth it to put in more to get your dreams...but somehow I feel that the game company should give something back to those people. Besides signed scripts. I do hope it succeeds though; especially as you put in 150 dollars to be a NPC. =P I truly hope you show up in-game. That'd be cool

You get the game for $20, for $30 you get the game and future content, for another price you get the expansion they want to make, backing a project almost always gets you the game at a lower price then it will sell for (usually $5-$15 less). As said on the Kickstarter and multiple times in Joe's video. If the game doesn't reach the goal, you aren't charged anything on Kickstarter.

EDIT : Pledge cancelled due to life issues. Please remove my name from the competition.

I have backed up The Mandate on kickstarter for $20. I hope the developer would get their goal pledge and I hope they would deliver their promise on the finished product because I think the game is epic just from watching their kickstarter video. But we all know in the past that the trailer is always different from the final product :rolleyes:

The Mandate Facebook Kickstarter

Hm, I already pledged Star Citizen, should I pledge this one too?

I've supported about 85 projects and have gotten a lot of great things from doing so, if you have the money and you find something you are interested in there's no reason not to.

Wow, 85? Fuck that's a lot. Are most of them games? And what are some of the games that are good that you backed? I want to check them out too

oooohhh i might up it to 500 get my own captain and ship. but this is all dependent on if i get the money before the due date.

Done and done, hopefully this will be a great game ... well I'm sure it will, since Joe supports it and all.

Capture_zpsa9a1dae4.jpgCapture2_zps9706c65d.jpg

This looks amazing, I love the shield physics where holes develop depending on damage. I will be pledging later on.

For the people thinking you need to pledge then pay again to get the game that's not the case, if you pledge $20 you get the game once it released, it says so on the kickstarter page!

Here is the link to the pledge levels and what you get for your support. http://www.perihelioninteractive.com/images/reward_tiers.png

That is completely your decision. All Joe has asked everyone to do is take a look at the game he is passionate about, and decide for yourselves. Obviously it's something that is getting overlooked and Joe wanted to bring it to everyone's attention.

Lexasaurus likes this

I've supported about 85 projects and have gotten a lot of great things from doing so, if you have the money and you find something you are interested in there's no reason not to.

Backed 86  ;) I have to agree, even though it can be a drain on my wallet, its worthwhile Backed the mandate a few days ago (after a recent article on RPS, it'd already been on my radar for a while). BTW love the profile pic!

Wow, 85? Fuck that's a lot. Are most of them games? And what are some of the games that are good that you backed? I want to check them out too

Personally most of mine are games (76) and the others are split among a few things. http://www.kickstarter.com/profile/bills6693

Some highlights I would say:

Dead State

Castle Story

Planetary Annihilation

Project Eternity

Nexus 2 (sadly didn't make it)

Blackspace (also sadly failed)

Star Citizen (just like everyone else ever)

Interstellar Marines (didn't make it but still got on steam early access now)

Limit Theory

War for the Overworld

Death Inc (didn't make it)

There Came an Echo

Divinity: Original Sin

Race to Mars (didn't make it)

Warmachine: Tactics

I know its a long-ish list, picking out favourites is hard, most of  the things I back I'm pretty excited for...

So it's kinda like a cheap pre-order, right? Thanks for explaining it to me, Legolas. Sounds fine

As I said in our PMs, I wouldn't say that exactly but that is how a lot of people look at it.

That is completely your decision. All Joe has asked everyone to do is take a look at the game he is passionate about, and decide for yourselves. Obviously it's something that is getting overlooked and Joe wanted to bring it to everyone's attention.

Oh hell yeah it's overlooked because of the PS4 and Xbox One. You know what, THIS is a perfect game for the Angry Army. I can totally see Joe narrating hilariously unfitting things and walking around the ship instead of David Bradley, who has the unfortunate honor of playing that piece of fucking dogshit Frey that I really want to beat up and cut to pieces after that Red Wedding scene, next to Joffrey who I will tie to a horse and drag from Melbourne to Goldcoast on a road filled with cactus.

Sorry, my imagination is running wild just now.

Looks like an awesome game. I'll back it up!

UPDATE HERE:

are you freaking kidding me. CREDIT CARD PAYMENT ONLY???

Meh, I'll buy the game when it's released instead. Good luck with the backing guys! This game will be for strategy fans. If you like XCOM Enemy Unknown, this will be the game for you.

Second Major of Guard, Knight of the Order of Nicholas Arkticus reporting  o>

I really hope this game makes it  :)

post-3662-0-62697400-1384945204_thumb.jp

Gah. Was posting something long-ish. Hit "preview post". Post got lost. :(

Anyway, real excited for this Kickstarter project, more so than Star Citizen (which I also backed when it was still running its initial campaign).

Here are my pics, I hope they're sufficient as I missed out on the share-after-backing-link-thingy:

post-3918-0-45621400-1384945858_thumb.jppost-3918-0-30706500-1384945869_thumb.jp

Looks good. Not the first game i've kickstarted, but probably the best concept art i've seen so that's exciting :)

Backed $20

post-30064-0-79371800-1384946296_thumb.j

post-30064-0-01288300-1384946698_thumb.j

post-30064-0-35198200-1384946947_thumb.j

i hope they can make the game as good as you whant joe... i just fear that 500.000 is not a lot in the video game world 

i hope they can make the game as good as you whant joe... i just fear that 500.000 is not a lot in the video game world 

We've seen some great stuff for less and they have obviously put money into the game already. It's also possible that they will find other sources to support them for additional funding. And it's actually less than $500,000 once Kickstarter and Amazon take their cut and the developer pays for backer rewards.