• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

XxDex-starrxX

I have a couple of questions for PS4 owners

13 posts in this topic

the Ps4 is launching in December in the Asian market and I have a couple of questions
Is the UI Clumsy or Clustered?
Does the system overheat?
Did any of you get the DOA consoles?
Is the Red Line of Death a myth?
Which one should I get for my first PS4 game:BF4, KZ Shadowfall, AC IV , NFS Rivals?

1) The UI is smooth and simple, the "news feed" is clustered but I don't find it a problem
2) No, my system has been running for hours on end and it has not overheated.  Some have so I hear but that's down to faulty machines (that's just life I'm afraid)
3) No, my console is fine as of right now
4) I don't know, I myself know of nobody that has had a red line of death
5) Killzone's multiplayer is great but the single player is meh.  Boring and repetitive in some parts.  BF4 currently doesn't work (stay tuned for updates) and I haven't played AC IV or NFS.  FIFA 14 is pretty good on next gen.

1) The UI is smooth and simple, the "news feed" is clustered but I don't find it a problem

2) No, my system has been running for hours on end and it has not overheated.  Some have so I hear but that's down to faulty machines (that's just life I'm afraid)

3) No, my console is fine as of right now

4) I don't know, I myself know of nobody that has had a red line of death

Pretty much this. Personally I enjoyed Killzone both single player and multiplayer. Story was bleh, though. I've heard good things about NIS: Rivals and Assassins Creed 4 so I'd go with whichever one you think fits your play style more.

My experience had been very similar to what SimplyMonkey. I have played 6+ hours a day and my system only gets warm. I have it in an open area.

None of my friends have had the blue light of death. I think the issue is real.

Killzone multiplayer is great and at 24 players it is chaos on some maps. :) BF4 is awesome when it works.

I love the UI myself, it feels to me like a combination of the PS3 UI mixed with the Original 360 dashboard.

I've left my console on several times until the autoshutdown kills it after a few hours for non-use, no overheating at all

Loving Assassins Creed IV for single player and been playing COD: Ghosts for Multiplayer (Since BF4 is broken)

Something to be warned, I have heard of some systems where they have been bricked or not working on first start up and have needed to be sent back.

That is some. So thats alright. And I can confirm the above people have said, even though I have UK, I have played a version of PS4 at a game convention.

the Ps4 is launching in December in the Asian market and I have a couple of questions

Which one should I get for my first PS4 game:BF4, KZ Shadowfall, AC IV , NFS Rivals?

1. No not exactly. It is a logical extension of the PS3 XMB, but whether it is clumsy or clustered i wont know until well down the track.

2. I have only operated the menus as i dont have any games until tonight, but i was operating it in a room that was hot enough for me to sweat, but it didnt. Without games i cant test this myself.

3. Mine was not a DOA. I have come across a few system glitches. Updating remote play settings and attempting to exit playing a bluray crashed the system with the endless ''loading circle''.

4. The RLoD is an overheating indicator. It does not mean it is dead or bricked. It is just a warning ''SYSTEM IS OVERHEATING - AUTOMATICALLY POWERING DOWN TO PREVENT DAMAGE'' which, after it has sufficiently cooled down, can still be used.

5. Personally, i am getting AC4 tonight and KZ sometime next week. I have never been much of a fan for racing games and BF4 i have on PC anyway.

1. The UI is very smooth and very easy to navigate. There is no delay or lag and it is super easy to get where you want to get. It is not clustered, but that could be because there aren't that many things on there yet XD

2. The system does not overheat, in fact my system barely even feels warm after three hours of playing. On standby mode you can't even tell it's on except for the pulsating light.

3-4. I did not get a dead console and I'm pretty sure it isn't a myth. Since SONY released an announcement saying that 1% of system were dead. Which is impressive! That is a really small number!

5. I vote Killzone Shadow Fallbecause it really uses a lot of the power and features the PS4 offers.That and also it has a very addictive multiplayer. I enjoy it and it is really fun. The story is good too and it offers a lot of variety!

1. I don't feel the UI is hard to navigate or find it cluttered.

2. The system is super quiet and doesn't overheat.

3 and 4. I got a functioning console and didn't get the "blue" line of the death. If there's red, I haven't heard about it.

So far both Killzone and Resogun are the best. Warframe is interesting.

thanks for the feed back guys right now I'll get me Killzone Shadowfall and next month battlefield 4

ac4 for your first game definitely.  BF4 dosent work, Killzone SF singleplayer sucks.  Really killzone iv seen this kind of shit from halo 1.  NFS is just a NFS and iv been spoiled by forza so if ur a huge car guy DO NOT GET NFS.  wait for killzone to drop in price then go to multiplayer and wait for bf4 to work so ya definitely AC4.  if you dont like assassin creed games your ok ur not much of an assassin in this one the main focus is pirates and they do it so well.  well enough that if joe does not rate this game at least 8/10 im gonna be pissed and unsubscribe.  

thanks for the feed back guys right now I'll get me Killzone Shadowfall and next month battlefield 4

NO , no killzone bad idea.  wait for a price drop

Just to say this to the XBOX -> PS users.

Even on Joe Chanel I saw they are worried that becaus PS3 has inbuild power suplie that it may overheat. PS3 is the same, and in 3years i have it, it didn't have overheating problems at all.

I don't think PS4 will also suffer from this problems. Well I hope.