• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

turbosnipe

WHAT MAKES MINECRAFT SO GOOD!!!????

42 posts in this topic

THE title says it i dont knw what makes a fake looking game so unique as so called by crafters.....can the army enlighten me with this game??

It's the total freedom of the game, it's so simple and that's what makes it beautiful. There are no quests, story, or characters. Just an huge world ready to be manipulated and changed.

It's the total freedom of the game, it's so simple and that's what makes it beautiful. There are no quests, story, or characters. Just an huge world ready to be manipulated and changed.

Freedom is indeed a huge component. I would also add that through this freedom we are allowed to express creativity, which isnt something you get to do in many games. Not only can you improve function, but form as well, and I find that really compelling.

DeathBat22 likes this

with a good imagination you can make some insane creations. It's a great game to relax with and see what kind of things you can make. you can also make your own story within the game if you wanted to. 

never got into that game, nor Terraria

guess they're just not my cup of hot cocoa :)

I think it's the freedom to do whatever you damn well please!

Well i guess it's just that you can create nearly what you want. And its fun to just relax and play.

i mean hey, every person don't have the same taste in games, so you might not like it while alot of other like it. 

Game genres.  It's a sandbox game.  This gives a very Western feel.  YOU shape the world.  YOU tell the story.  This gives the players a sense of accomplishment and power.  Compared to the Eastern games or JRPG's where the game tells the story, and you are only along for the ride.  Diablo 3 is a JRPG.  Skyrim is barely western because it has factions, but the facions don't have rewards.  But, you can change the game in Skyrim by killing the quest givers of minor storylines.  That is unheard of in nearly all Asian games.

This is not a shooter where you die every 12.5 seconds if you are good.  If you are bad you get to die every 2.5 seconds and stare at load screens for 10.5 seconds.

When I started playing this game with my co-workers way back when, I was compelled to build an underground house with a doorway hidden in a cave that's part of a lake. This was because a few of them went out house hunting and burning people's houses down or just destroying completely. I did exactly what I set out to and it was awesome. If someone happened to find the little cave in the water, they wouldn't know it led anywhere unless they actually walked all the way in. Then of course I dug deeper which led to massive caverns where I farmed gold, diamond etc. Good times, I want to go play again now.

Tcurry04 likes this

The creativity.

I went completely megalomaniac and built 2 entire KINGDOMS on a SURVIVAL server once. Check it out:

Tcurry04 likes this

Nothing makes Minecraft good. Quality wise it is pretty abysmal, and the gameplay is just awful. That said, it is a neat toy.

I think it is the freedom, to build what you want and to do things your way.  There are limitless options at your disposal and the game play is fun and rewarding. All of this comes together in such a way to form Minecraft.

Nothing, it's a worthless piece of shite.

Minecraft opened up a new level to sandbox gaming and it came with the option to mod the game. loads of options in the game and it's great fun.

ClawManStar likes this

Nothing makes Minecraft good. Quality wise it is pretty abysmal, and the gameplay is just awful. That said, it is a neat toy.

Nothing, it's a worthless piece of shite.

That's ignorant....  ;)

ClawManStar likes this

Its a very,VERY BIG sandbox game. Its sandbox, sandbox = freedom = good game in my opinion! ^_^

A very big sandbox with lots of stuff to do with your imagination also = good game :P

How do I rate you down? :)

doom and Conor like this

How do I rate you down? :)

The man is entitled to his own opinion, even if its the opposite of yours. And as long as the person express his opinion in a proper manner you should show him respect, and he show you the same respect.

Ps. For your information I'm just wait for a server to go online, it just need some plugins, then I'll be Minecrafting yet again.

I don't enjoy Vanilla Minecraft a lot but what makes this game so special is the modding community. Me and a couple friends have our own server with a bunch of "technology mods" including redpower, computercraft, railcraft, industrialcraft, and more. We have a factory that automatically produces large amounts of basic building materials for us (cobble stone, smooth stone, stone bricks, sand, sandstone and glass) and we are close to completing a automated tree farm that produces any kind of wood for us. I also build a automated TNT factory just for the sake of having one.

Minecraft is great because if you can imagine it you can build it in the game. There are countless tools that are available to add new exciting content that can completely change the gameplay. You can make Minecraft exactly what you want it to be.

Vanilla minecraft is more or less virtual legos with some very very basic combat if you're in survival mode.

The only thing that has really kept it going this long is the extremely active modding community, the vanilla game doesn't have a particularly large amount of things to do beyond decorating stuff until you get bored.

Freedom.