• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Orpo

Alcohol and gaming.

42 posts in this topic

I can't be the only one who enjoy some booze while playing after a long day on books and if i am then i imagine i'm gonna need help :D .

So what do you prefer to drink while you play? I go with lager beer on rpgs and most other genres but there are a couple of games where i prefer something stronger as in Crusader Kings 2 where i love to send people to die in battle while i'm enjoying a good glass of red wine, smiling like a wonderful tyrant.

Sure. Though I'm the designated driver in most games I play, so it does lead to some fun situations if I've had a bit too much.

I don't drink *that* often.

Orpo likes this

I don't tend to drink when I game. I find one just to big a distraction from the other. A bottle juice or water nearby is a different matter. I much prefer to kick back and chat with people when getting tanked.

I drink water and soda, juice and chocolate milk. Sometimes milk because it's tasty with cookies.

I don't drink alcohol ever. Just never had any need to nor want to really.

Crixus likes this

Sure. Though I'm the designated driver in most games I play, so it does lead to some fun situations if I've had a bit too much.

I don't drink *that* often.

Yup i sometimes install back Mafia to get some crazy drunk ride in the twenties :D .

I'll sip on some Redbull n Vodka from time to time while gaming, but no more than a glass or two max.  when it gets to three or four, and I'm talking mason jar glasses made fairly strong, I'm better off just putting down the controller and watch something because I start playing horribly.  It's been a good 3-4 months since I made a drink to game with though.

When I used to dring I loved a good scotch or beer while gaming. Now I have some water...

Normally I drink water throughout the day but If I ever drink it's normally what I have in hand. At this moment in time I have a lovely Kraken Rum. I tend to think drinking ruins my skill level.

and Berserker like this

I never drink while playing games, although some nihonshu is always great. That is sake for you guys, here sake just means beverage with alcohol or alcoholic beverage, drinking while playing games is so hard xD

When I drink, It's usually just beer and/or Whiskey. Occasionally rum. It can make a good game, just a little bit funnier. Or make a terrible game bearable.

Lukewarm Guinness for me usually. Otherwise an effervescent highball of Vodka/Soda with some lemon really hits the spot too.. I've always got a 4L jug of H2O next to my desk regardless though..  :)

A nice glass of scotch on the rocks. cant beat that. 

I gave up alcohol a year ago.  No specific reason, other than I got tired of feeling tired/hung over the day after.  But man, I can get through the Orange and Lime juice while on a gaming session!

sometimes when i come back from a night out completely smashed i like to play league of legends or dota 2 :D its not as much fun for my team as it is for me though :P

The taste of all Alcohol just doesn't mix with me, but I can go through a bottle of mountain dew and Concentrated Orange juice like no other while gaming :lol:

For me it's either a glass of Whiskey or a bottle of long drink (usually gin&tonic which has 5.5% of alcohol and the bottle has 1.5 liters init :D )

Normally I drink water or Coke... Sometimes juice or milk. But when I'm serious I don't like to drink or eat anything at all.

tea or coffee...and usually i forget i have it which means i always get to drink it cold :P

i know I'm boring... :D

tea or coffee...and usually i forget i have it which means i always get to drink it cold :P

i know I'm boring... :D

Oh man, it's a bitch ain't it?  You're dying for a tea - so you make one (or call out to the wife to have it delivered) - and it duly arrives.   You keep playing, forgetting about the yea - until some time later you see the cup, or remember it.  DELICIOUS!  But you pick it up and.....   it's been an hour and a half and it's stone cold.   Such disapointment.  :(

MHDN likes this

Water, iced tea, maybe a glass of soda every once in a while if it's around. Not a fan of alcohol.