• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
super googles

Why Have an ARMA 3 community

30 posts in this topic

I think ARMA would be a great game for the AJSA community, the game may be a little hard to get into but that's the plus side to being in groups like AJSA. I have no doubt their are people that would be willing to help new players build custom levels and set up play events for 5 to 80 players. Plus the game is already set up for large groups to play, they have ranks set by the map makers and it gives squad leaders/ High command Officers an in game way to organize the lower ranks. The possibilities of this game are endless you could have Helicopter squads supporting infantry who are on their way to meat up with a Tank column so the high command can organize them while they plunder the hillside.

-I wasn't expecting so many people to back the ARMA idea and i would be happy so make some levels and get a server going if we can get 10 or more people willing to play some time. If you wanna try to start an ARMA then add me as a friend on AJSA or Steam. (just make sure you also message me saying you wanna start an ARMA group or something like that)

-If anyone has experience hosting ARMA 3 servers then i would love so help or if you could handle the issue entirely. I would be very grateful since i don't have much knowledge about ARMA servers outside of clicking NEW and then making sure it's not set to LAN.

-If you aren't good with servers then mission making would be a awesome way to help with the community since I can only make 2 or 3 good level in a week.

-My hopes of starting a small ARMA community is that it will gain attention from some or the higher ranking AJSA members and Hopefully get an actual spot on AJSA with lots of more people.

post-5275-0-53161200-1383879295_thumb.jp

post-5275-0-55120400-1383879327_thumb.jp

Agreed an AJSA arma 3 community would be aweswome.

i was going to suggest it so i was looking for a topic about it and heh :)

indeed an ARMA 3 team could be interesting, the big downside is an ARMA 3 server cant get more than a certain number of players while MMOs can hold hundreds of people up to thousands

would be kinda hard to actually make a "global ARMA 3 team" like in the MMOs, games would have to be called out

the only solution to this is "sub-teams" or something, smaller groups organizing games as a team yet still part of AJSA

i still think we should try something out, could be an opportunity to develop new ways of "dividing" into "teams" to have some fun in decent games like ARMA 3

also if im correct, ARMA 3 can have no more than 64 players in a server, not sure, ARMA 3 is also (from my experience) much better as PvE (PvE = bots which are actually quite well programmed)

also ARMA 3 is the type of games that should be played by people looking only for realism (at some point, realism isnt THAT accurate but still beats anything out there except Operation Flashpoint), this game is indeed badass enough for the AJSA to at least consider it IMO

heres more screenies :D   had tons of issues uploading some pictures via the file Attacher O.o

post-5303-0-43857200-1383896541_thumb.jppost-5303-0-99909600-1383896560_thumb.jppost-5303-0-49606000-1383896709_thumb.jppost-5303-0-34767900-1383896716_thumb.jp

...... and these 2 awesome videos ^w^

this guy is nuts, i dont know how he can see so well in the complete dark without the freaking nightvision goggles...

the intensity of night fightings can be insane, this short video showing tracers at night without nightvisions was made in the Alpha version, the game then went in Beta and was released as retail game afterwards, it only got better but still check this out

that game's lightning effects and attention to detail would surely get Joe's badass seal of approval hands down

+1 for an Arma 3 group, tons of badass moments to be had  B)

Hey all! As a former hardcore Operation Flashpoint (original) enthusiast i have been interested of Arma III. Now if you guys are thinking about putting up AJSA around it too I MUST get that game and join you guys :)

It has my vote :)

+1 for ArmA III, my favourite game by far!

(So what if I'm in the editor 75% of the time?)

Nothing better then playing Arma 3, especially when you kill a sniper who has a x78 scope and put it on your smg... why don't ask me why... 

but I do agree we should have a Arma 3 Community as there is 64 player open world co-op and 100 player vs 100 players

Always down for some ARMA, be great to have a community for that game here 

Absolutely, I love Arma so much.

It's definitely hard to swallow at first, but once you get the hang of it. The game can be so intense, amazing, and a total blast.

Count me in.

I think ARMA is def needed. I think maybe a few servers. 1) Co-op real missions where we all work as a group 2) PVP servers (Wasteland, Insurgency)

Well play all gametypes and been playing for close to 5-6 years with Flashpoint and ARMA (ACE/ACRE)

If AJSA actually gets a ARMA3 server I would GLADDLY admin for it!

now for something related. 

J2D likes this

I've wanted to play with Shack Tactical for a long time, but they're pushed to the limit on member count.

An AJSA alternative would be great.

super googles likes this

Hello gentlemen my name is Seabass and i have logged over 2,000 hours into Arma 2.

For the past 3 years I have been playing with a tactical gaming group (United Operations)

If Arma is approved for the angry army I would be more than capable of setting up:

(Sever,Server Mods,Server Rules,Server Install, Server Connection, AJSA Mod pack, AJSA Mod pack install guide, ETC. ETC.)

FriendlyTimo and super googles like this

I didn't know there was a Arma request already, and here I, mad my own.

Hello gentlemen my name is Seabass and i have logged over 2,000 hours into Arma 2.

For the past 3 years I have been playing with a tactical gaming group (United Operations)

If Arma is approved for the angry army I would be more than capable of setting up:

(Sever,Server Mods,Server Rules,Server Install, Server Connection, AJSA Mod pack, AJSA Mod pack install guide, ETC. ETC.)

I just got Arma III and I am getting a good hold of it. Would be joining you guys anytime you decide to go along with setting up community. I am too much of cannon fodder -type of guy in it to be taking any too responsible role though

Would love to play Arma 3, played a lot of Arma 2 but haven't touched Arma 3 since alpha.

For those wanting to play, I REALLY Recommend you guys read Dslyecxi Guide he just released. He is a very very long time verteran of Bohemia's Games. He tactics are right on point due to real life military service and his experience with mil sims

http://ttp3.dslyecxi.com/

Vast likes this

Bot trying to brag or anything but I have ARAMA 3 and was there since the alpha. You have my vote.

Can we use Dslyecxi's Guide Link as a TeamSpeak item? Be nice for people who join to have something to read to get familiar with the ARMA series

Vast likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0