• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

therealgdude

What tv show would make a great RPG or MMO game?

24 posts in this topic

What TV show would make a great RPG or MMO? Tell me ideas you have on making an awesome RPG based on a TV show?

In my opinion, Doctor Who Would make a fantastic RPG/MMO if it were based in the Great Time War or during the show. Imagine creating your own Timelord or Dalek character and traveling across planets and galaxies as a Timelord or Dalek. IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES!!!!

Arrow or Game of thrones maybe? I don't watch that much tv-series.
I think that the developers who make the game are more important than the story or setting of the serie itself. :)

Cross-overs always are bad idea.

Cross-overs always are bad idea.

The Walking Dead was a success.

From Comic Book, to TV Show, to an RPG Game.... minus the really shitty "survival instinct".

I was thinking Game of Thrones but it was already done and well yeah we all know how that turned out. I would sort of like to play Criminal Minds, like a detective rpg and we need to find the serial killer OR we could be the serial killer and we need to make sure we dont get caught.

Come on what about Firefly!!!! Join the aliance or be a ship captian like Mal. Man all the stuff I would smuggle

Primeval might make for an interesting RPG, the show was interesting enough with all the time travel. 

Firefly or Game of Thrones. Can't think of any better show to have as RPG/MMO. I think a COOP RPG would be very good, because MMOs are too big and cost too much money and time. 

We need a story based COOP RPG, doesn't really matter the genre. 

A Godfather MMO xD. I know it sounds ridiculous. I mean you could create your own family and try to own the city. You can have wars in the city for territories(PVP) and do jobs like smuggling or assassination(quests). Round that up with a good mix of RPG and third person shooter elements (Mass Effect) and you could have a good Godfather MMO. 

I would really want an Avatar game, a good action rpg style.

Definitely Game of Thrones and Firefly. I would play the hell out of those two.

A Dexter action RPG, I like the concept of a serial killer hunting other serial killers. I'm thinking of an Arkham City meets GTA sort of thing with this.

The Walking Dead, would make a good MMORPG. My idea is a sort of a survival rpg, it should not entirely focused on the fight against the undead, scavenging for supplies, banding with other people while PVPing with other groups on maps while scavenging. It can even have siege events where 1 team defends their home while other teams tries to take it for their own. Hmmm... what I'm describing could also be a MOBA or a scenario for an FPS multiplayer XD, could be interesting though.

I would also like a One Piece MMORPG, the lore behind it is very promising, but I imagine balance issues will be a nightmare for developers if they even try and make it. 

I was thinking Game of Thrones but it was already done and well yeah we all know how that turned out.

I don't get the hate this game gets. Yeah, it felt like a poor man's Dragon Age Origins, it had bland combat without any feel to it, but it had a solid story and characters. I found it to be a much more memorable experience than Dragon Age 2 at least.

I sort of get it. I didn't play GoT, and I'm a huge fan of the franchise.

The game got mediocre ratings so I bowed out of buying it. 

Game of Thrones is a real treasure, so there's a subconscious expectation that it'll meet the same level of quality we find in the books and the HBO series. This leads to higher expectations of the game. 

There's also the expectation that fans will expect to see what they like out of the franchise in the game.

You have to capture the feel of GOT with the game. All the things that made people love it. 

For a lot of people, that was the deeply fleshed out characters, the world, political intrigue, the fact that anything could happen, magnificent bastardry, an epic, world spanning story and and (of course) full frontal nudity. 

If GoT was just a competent but uninspired hack and slash RPG with a few decisions and neat ideas in it, it might have become a neat, quirky cult favorite. Slap GoT on that though, and its no wonder people start yelling out BETRAYAL!!! 

Come on what about Firefly!!!! Join the aliance or be a ship captian like Mal. Man all the stuff I would smuggle

Firefly...The UGLIEST ship in SCI FI history!  :blink:

I guess everyone will agree on Sword Art Online, as the anime is based on RPG games.\

The Matrix Online (that I believe had animated TV show?) did pretty well back in it's time.

DC Universe is doing great at the moment.

Ultimate Survivor would be my pick. (SAO is kinda unfair to pick)  :P

What about anime MMOs like one about Fairy Tail

What about anime MMOs like one about Fairy Tail

im not sure

i wouldnt count any animes in

Power Rangers MMO.

I can see the sexual innuendo worldchat now....

And...This would totally happen all the time:

DqQL4RP.gif

If this was the case, then I will have to say...an Archer RPG..(?)