• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ArgentumEmperio

DotA2 Playing Issues

5 posts in this topic

Hello!

I've an issue that I'm curious about: I always end up playing with folks who can't speak English (and I only have the English-preference) and this is causing me a great deal of pain. Enough to have me set off to not continue playing on my own and none of my friends want to play DotA2 due to the ridiculus learning curve and I have no intention to try and force 'em to play it.

So to my issue: I know that this DotA2 guild I guess one could call it, is supposed to make it so that one can play with premade folks - making the experience better for all. But I don't know how to simply know who to ask or know how to get started really... I'm a bit of a shy person and prefer to go and find folks to play with rather than ask folks to play with me. Is there a good way to 'passively'-search for people? Like a place one could just go like a chat room or similar where folks who wanna play can hang out until they found a bunch of folks to play with! That would be awesome.

Thanks! ^^'

mrfool likes this

Join this group and follow the instructions to join the guild.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AngryJoeShowArmyDOTA2

Once you're in there you'll be able to find guild groups so that will make things easier.

Some of us want people to go on teamspeak to play with us, so you should get it if you don't have it. No need to talk, if you're hear to listen it's already good ;)

Feel free to add me on steam and play with me anytime!

Hmm the idea of a real-time chat room would be great if most people cared about it.

Steam Group pages already have an open chat room you're free to hop into but no one uses that sadly and getting people to try something new is difficult.

Most people only care about playing the game rather than socializing with the guild, which is something I hope to change. Other than that...all I can say is try not to be so shy, hop on our Teamspeak server, make a forum post like this one to try and meet people to play with.

I have no issues with playing with anyone from the guild, so if you wanna play with me sometime (I always play with my friends, we usually have an open slot) just add me on steam at =AJSA= mrfool.

Peace!

The guild system in dota 2 has a party finder system which can allow people to simply join parties that people have opened to the guild. It isnt without its own issues though. Ive had it not let me join parties, its sometimes very unreliable, you can join parties that are already ingame(which is absolutely a dumb design decision btw valve), and occasionally bugs out and doesnt let me look for parties but lets me open my party to guild. Also doesnt let a mix party of people from different guilds open the party to any guild not shared by the entire group(which can be ok in some cases but wished there were options to change it)

That and because it doesnt work sometimes or that it doesnt let people who come in when the majority of party is in game that the party is ingame, there are less people using it. So it is its own vicious cycle kind of like the WiiU dilemna of not having games because their isnt an established customer base but there isnt a customer base since there arent any games being made for it. 

Argentium since ive seen you talk abit occasionally in the guild chat i would recommend being on the Teamspeak 3 server. its usually the best place to get people who will communicate with you very easily and play with you :) . though occasionally its empty when i come on so hoping we can try and bring more of the guild into actually using the teamspeak servers. 

tbh ive got alot of improvements id love to see in  the dota 2 social side of things(why not filters within channels(like filter out people who arent in game for example)), a better party finding system that doesnt screw up or show when parties are ingame, maybe offer incentives for people being actually in a guild and playing with guild mates for example?