• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

BoringMan

Batman : Arkham Origins and why it didn't do well.

30 posts in this topic

WARNING : This topic my contain spoilers read at your own risk. 

Batman: Arkham origins is a good game as far as gameplay is concerned. The combos flow better than ever before, It's a lot easier to switch costumes, predator areas ore so much smoother, oh and you get to go to the batcave ! What makes this game fall short is the story and the  continuity. The game is called Batman: Arkham Origins this game is not an arkham game nor is it a origin story. the only thing remotely hinting arkham is in the end credit where sharp is talking about how blackgate is not doing a very good job and hoe he wants to re-open the asylum. You also get a glimpse of jokers origin but its not enough to center the whole game around. To me the title Batman: Arkham origins  would imply the night before asylum went down. maybe have a little play
as the joker action. The also features no new gadgets at all. aside from a minor tweak to them, but there still relatively the same. The city is empty. The developers said this would be a living breathing Gotham. WRONG.  There are absolutely now people in the streets of Gotham and on Christmas eve of all days. to be fair there is a public service announcement in game that recommends people stay in there homes due to the storm an high criminal activity, but this is not an excuse. I am not even going to touch on the topic of glitches and freezes, butts lets just say there is a lot. the last issue I have with this game is the plot twist. you knew it was coming every arkham game has one. yep its the ole fake black mask gag. I mean the game straight up gave black mask the finger. the game was was supposed to give this awesome character some love foe once. but no just like the rest of the arkham games it fell directly into jokers cold hands.     

I agree entirely with you, the plot twist was totally predictable. As for the glitches, I never really had a problem.

just because the world is bigger that doesn't make it better

My problem with the game was that Gotham City is basically a copy paste of Arkham City, aside from the bridge.

I liked the game though.

I agree with you, Origins for me was a huge disappointment. What "killed" for me the game is the assassins! You can have like good backstory to them or  some plot twists related to them... But NO! the Developers for some reason just made them a boss fights, and they have no personality at all. I mean 2 assassins (Deadshot and Shiva) are side quests for some reason and don't  appear in the story, Electrocutioner is a joke, the other assassins are bosses, the only one who has some kind of backstory is Bane. It's stupid.

Oh god, I never played this game, but did they pull an Iron Man 3? They f*cking ruined Black Mask?

My problem with the game was that Gotham City is basically a copy paste of Arkham City, aside from the bridge.

I liked the game though.

This is also a major gripe with me. Up until i actually played it, i was under the impression that more of Gotham City would be available, not a small section that's still not really Gotham City, and of course all of Arkham City again.

The game overall just looks like Arkham City V2.0.

And the Riddler side missions just seem so much more dumbed down from the previous titles, namely because of the distinct lack of riddles. It's all just about collecting an annoying amount of objects all over the city.

It's still a good game, but It's not a noticeable improvement over Arkham City. I'd actually say it was worse in some areas.

I ran into constant bugs and glitches, had the game freeze 20 times, had problems with the combat with moves not registering or his detection problems, and the two newly added gadgets are completely broken. For the game itself the city was pretty boring, focus on not only the Joker but also on Bane for the third time was a poor choice, and the assassins were pretty embarrassing, the only one that story wise seemed to even stand a chance against him with Deathstroke and he was the first one you take out. It wasn't just a game not adding anything new to the Arkham series it was taking everything they did and making it worse or at least really buggy.

The also features no new gadgets at all.

The shock gloves and I thought the rope you can shoot to instantly take out about three enemies in a predator room were new.

ActionPaz likes this

The source of all of the problems is that this is a baby studio whose only other product they've made was the Arkham City Armoured Edition.

i would have to agree with you but the reason it failed in my opinion is because they focused a little to much on leaving it the same and not adding new things like arkham city did to arkham asylam

Dividing MDH likes this

I agree it's still a good game, and if you're looking for "Arkham City Part 2", then it's great.

But yes, there's very little new added and the plotline is only so-so.  I'm a little torn.  Personally I really like this series of games and absolutely love the combat system.  So in that respect I give them points for "not screwing up a good thing".  But I certainly agree with the criticism that they played it too safe.  I still found it enjoyable and would definitely recommend it to people, but I don't consider it a "must buy" game.

the detective mode investigtions are relly improved, compared to arkham city, I really liked them, the parts when you rewind looking for objects that fell somewhere are pretty cool.

can't say much about the game. I played it until i beat the shit out of Killer Croc on the rooftop. Would say the first 20minutes. It's fun but too similar to arkham asylum

Is the only for PC I didn't read the first post because of spoilers

I totally get your concern. I didn't mind it personally from a lore perspective, as I see the Arkham Games as another universe entirely than the comics. I'm playing the PC version and no bugs or glitches for me so far and I've played over 12 hours or so at the moment. But yeah.. the whole "living, breathing Gotham" kinda was a weird thing for them to say. Personally though It's my favorite in the series so far. It might be just because it's the newest one and I'm not at all bothered with the Black Mast stuff like you guys. It's a fair point though, and in hindsight.. sure.. they could have done much better. I however am content. 

I didn't have any problems with glitches, maybe because i played the wii u version that was released two weeks later. The game surpassed my expectations. When I heard, a new team was assigned to arkham, I feared much much worse. But Arkham Origins is a pretty decent game. It's only flaw is that it is not as good as arkham city. But I'm willing to argue, that it might be on a level with arkham assylum. 

I love this game, but it is at the same level as arkham city. I was disapointed when there were no citizens walking around, but even without the snow storm, the citizens probuably still would stay indoors because of all of the events that took place in the story or maybe an evacuation took place. I do feel that black mask was dropped halfway threw and was a disapointment, but the story for the joker is really good, we shouldnt know everything about the joker, that's what is good about the character. For it being called Arkham Origins, it's saying that it is how all of the events that lead up to asylum and city came to be. And honestly, a title shouldnt be a big deal, I would be just fine if Arkham City was just called Asylum 2, it would be stupid, but it would be the least of the problems.

oh and the multiplayer is fun (SHUT UP ITS MY OPINION)

Arkham Origins to me is the worst of the 3 but it's still a fun game to play. The downside is that it didn't really add anything new to the game. It has multiplayer but WB servers are really bad still and it's really rare to find a match but when you do, it's pretty fun but no one stays in the room longer then a few games.

If its Arkham Origins, why can you use gadgets that only became available in Arkham City?

And why is no-one ever playing the multiplayer?

I enjoyed the game and story but it just didn't fit like the other ones.

I haven't encountered any bugs or glitches with the game so I can't speak on that. But I will say that it was my least favorite of the 3. Yea it's cool to see Pre-Gotham but to be honest I felt as if I already did everything already in Arkham City. I hate to say it but as i progressed through the story I started to get progressively bored of it. There jst isn't anything really new and exciting. I just felt like the game needed more life to it storywise and environment wise. Like I mean c'mon there could've at least been some pedestrians on the street rather than it being almost deserted. 

I was also quite disappointed with Origins. The first two are probably my favourite games of all times. Numerous glitches and freezes at least in the 360 version. Also, like others have stated, the environment which was like 50% used shit from Arkham City was kinda disappoining as well.

The Riddler side missions have gone progressively from quality to quantity and now there's like every rooftop with at least one trophy hanging somewhere and the puzzles have no imagination anymore. The story and the "Joker twist" were kinda "lamish" as well. Didn't hate it, but could be nice to see some other baddies as well for a change.

Arkham Origins to me is the worst of the 3 but it's still a fun game to play. The downside is that it didn't really add anything new to the game. It has multiplayer but WB servers are really bad still and it's really rare to find a match but when you do, it's pretty fun but no one stays in the room longer then a few games.

Im not having many problems with multiplayer on pc, but many problems on ps3

I'm afraid of getting this game and have no one be playing the online when I get on.