• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ki4kimchi

When did you start playing and why?

52 posts in this topic

I started playing in late Season 1. One of my friends came up to me and said " Do you play LOL?" I was so confused and she had to explain everything. I watched the trailer and did not like the look of it at first. League was the first Moba I had ever seen but as soon as I played it I fell in love with it and after had awesome experiences with her and my friends. End of season 3 with the preseason just ahead and I am still addicted haha. I am silver 3 ( started getting into competitive only now)  right now but when Season 4 rolls around I will try my best for at least plat. Much try hard, very wow.

Nahichun likes this

Early season one, first account reached plat season one, got killed by sibling in season 2 and 3, new account made it to platinum again in season 3, play all positions, and always looking for an amazing team.

My brother played league a lot, and I had no idea what it was. 

I tried to play the tutorial. I raged. (because I sucked, obviously)

Flash forward 3-4 months later, I try to play it again, and this time, my brother teaches me how to play the game.

I got into the game a crap-ton, and I'm teaching around 5 people how to play the game now. (which is rather fun btw, albeit frustrating at times) Anyways, I'm level 20 now, hoping to get level 30 before season 4 starts.

P.S. Make your signature smaller please. :P

Early season one, first account reached plat season one, got killed by sibling in season 2 and 3, new account made it to platinum again in season 3, play all positions, and always looking for an amazing team.

Someone who plays all positions?!?!? WHUT?

But really, people who can't play every role really tick me off because they just use it to get their role. 

For some odd reason though, I prefer support over adc, the reason being that my adc's usually don't trash talk me. :P

I started playing at the end of season 2. My friend told me about LoL because that was the only "game" out for Mac. At first it really sucked because LoL was really laggy on the Mac :C. So I decided to get Windows to play without lag and get better which made play LoL so much easier!  :D 

I started playing at the end of season 2. My friend told me about LoL because that was the only "game" out for Mac. At first it really sucked because LoL was really laggy on the Mac :C. So I decided to get Windows to play without lag and get better which made play LoL so much easier!  :D

I could never play league on my mac, my mouse was always lagging and sometimes did not click where I wanted it to :/  Nice name btw :P

Friends played at work during lunch about 2 years ago, I figured "hmmm killing people...what could go wrong?". I got hooked when I got home.

A few months ago. Saw lots of cosplays of characters and character art and liked the different looks. Some co-workers of mine played and when I talked with them they signed me up for the team and now sitting at a nice level 11 at the moment. Haven't played in a couple of months but planning on getting into it again soon. My favorite Champion is Zyra and her new skin is wicked!

Me and my Bro's all got into the game around the same time. And every weekend we just jam with Call of Duty, just plain chilling, and some good ol' League of Legends :D

I started playing shortly before Season 1 started, but there was a large gap between starting and regularly playing. My cousin more or less made me do it, and I just built my new PC and didn't have any games, so I just said "What the hell? Might as well do it"

I started playing around a year ago because I was bored of the current games I was playing and my step-brother got me into it. 

Still play it here and there but not as often as I once did

I started playing about 2 years ago?

One of my old friends basically begged me yo try the game and I have to say im glad that I did.

At first I didn't like the game because it was very difficult, the real difficulty was memorizing what each champion did and how to counter. Then I learned and got better and looking back now I wonder why I thought it was difficult at first!

The game is just so addicting and hard to put away, its always one more match...na one more!

I'm a casual league player meaning I only play normals and ARAM.

When I moved to Colorado, I of course made new friends, one of them being Brazilian Jesus (League name)
Me and him became friends through other games of course, but when he told me about this game League of Legends I tried it because I'm very open minded
I started in early season 2 and have loved it ever since.
I used to take it somewhat casually and never dared to play ranked.
Now, all I want to do now is get to gold.

Funny how before, I used to take normals seriously

I started to play at the end of Season 1.My cousine said me about the game called Heroes of Newerth,so I started to play that game,but it was really bad,and I saw some guys saying that one game,called League of Legends is much better,so I quit HoN and I started to play League of Legends :D

I started playing around when Lulu came out, so around March 2012.

I played it cause my brother just randomly found it and wanted to try it out so i tried it too.

My friend's friend got into the beta of League of Legends and showed him the game.  He and I started playing the game and the rest is history.

I tried the game once, probably was s1 then, but didnt get into it. Sayed it was boring and pointless game to my friends who played it but they got me to try it again in may and really got into the game, but recently i have picked up dota 2 because i dont like changes riot is making in season 4.

I started mid season 2 because two of my friends would bug me about it all the time and were always talking about it so I decided wth I will give it a try fell in love with the game ever since

Ah, Started whenever Nocturne was just coming out, idk when that was. I went to my friends house with a few other friends and one of them was playing it on the laptop he brought. We were kinda weirded out as to why he brought his laptop when there were other games he could be playing, but he insisted that what he was playing was better. I decided to try it out and he sorta taught me how to play, I played as Fiddlesticks mid for my first match and did decently. The first Champ I played, without anyone helping me play, was Miss Fortune mid. I did well and I was pretty hooked, still hooked.

I started playing LoL during the beta(early enough for UFO COrki, but not King Rammus)., been playing steady ever since. I started playing LoL because I disliked HoN(worst community ever) and no one played Age of Myths anymore. My favorite champ is Veigar, but I've been trying to get gold before the season ends so I've been playing the absolute hell out of Jinx.

Started my LoL career early-mid season 2. My friends got me started :)

I started because one of my friends asked if I played LOL. I had heard about it but nevr knew exactly what it was. I started and freaking loved the game I joined the current season(3 I think) and never regret the download.

I started playing around the time Brand got released, some friends talked me into it. We played it for a solid 2-3 years, not so much anymore. I play an occasional ranked game to make sure I don't elo-decay out of gold. xD

I started late season 1. At that time, a lot of my friends were playing DotA but I wasn't interested in it and I started to look for any game which is somewhat similar to DotA. And then I came across LoL. After Playing it for one match, I stopped playing it. A year after that I found out that my friend was playing and then I started to play it again.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0