• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

13 posts in this topic

So, I know that Angry Joe was originally very excited for Left 4 Dead, but he emphasized that after a while the game just became repetitive and boring...I was wondering, as the AJSA, what is our opinion of this game? I loved the game, personally. It brought the Zombie Apocalypse to the FPS/Action Genre, seamlessly infusing multiplayer, co-op on the 360, providing the AI Director to refresh the game and control the flow of zombies, ammo, health, etc to suit the player's experience, difficulty level, and current situation, AND the kick-ass Special Infected, creepy as fuck musical cues, dark, dreary, hopeless environments that tell you "You are going to die," and everything else that is awesome about it. I still play this game everyday. So, my question is, do you agree with Joe, that this game got boring and repetitive after a while, or, did you find that with an awesome group of friends and appreciating the kick-ass aspects, it is still an enjoyable experience?

Star-Lord likes this

Oh, and, I put this under PC Gaming because I mostly play it on steam...so...I figured it made more sense. lol

Oh gosh, where to start.

Right when it first came out, I played coop with a very good friend of mine at about 12 AM in the morning. Now, when I play it now, I do not think it was very scary at all, but back then... Well.. let's just say we were both screaming. Haha.

I enjoyed the suspense in it, the action, the zombies, the blood and gore... everything. Now, it does get repetitive, but I still managed to have fun, and that's the most important part in a game.

The second left for dead had it's ups and downs, but the first is still my favorite. Go Bill!

M1k3yVasNormandy likes this

Oh gosh, where to start.

Right when it first came out, I played coop with a very good friend of mine at about 12 AM in the morning. Now, when I play it now, I do not think it was very scary at all, but back then... Well.. let's just say we were both screaming. Haha.

I enjoyed the suspense in it, the action, the zombies, the blood and gore... everything. Now, it does get repetitive, but I still managed to have fun, and that's the most important part in a game.

The second left for dead had it's ups and downs, but the first is still my favorite. Go Bill!

I definitely agree! The first one was only slightly better to me though. lol I remember a similar situation where I was playing with a friend overnight, but it was in No Mercy...a dark room with columns, and a dim light in the distance. It was our first time encountering a witch. I about shit myself when we passed a column and practically STEPPED on her. XD So many other great times made it one of my favorites for the longest time. And, I also agree that it can get repetitive, after a while. These days I rarely play more than 3 campaigns in one sitting. But still. Great times. XD Go Francis. :-P

I have both L4D1 and 2 on Steam. They are fun to play every once in a while. The community isn't too bad although in every community there are asshats. I have played both over 30 hours and am still not bored with them. The only thing that bothers me about the series is that someone else has to save you if you are grabbed by the infected. I would like to break free on my own. Sure not as fast as someone saving you. But being completely helpless doesn't sit well with me. It's not scary in the aspect rather it's just annoying.

I like Left 4 Dead 2 better than the original but the original is really fun as well/

I played through Left 4 Dead with my friend, and it was quite a fun experience. The characters personality, and listening to them interact with each other was pretty neat. The only problem with the game is yes, it is repetitive, and it doesn't get old. But that's the thing, it's a legitimate zombie apocalypse simulator.

Doesn't mean it wasn't a good game, though.

I played the hell out of this series especially the first one. Had them on 360 then pc once i sold my 360(yes i love these games so much i bought them twice). There's nothing like them, a game where complete cooperation is not only recommended but required to survived. No game has given me that rush of fighting of infected hoards and special infected while impatiently waiting for rescue. God i can't wait for either left 4 dead 3 or evolved(same creators)

Left 4 Dead original is my favorite game on steam but, Left 4 Dead 2 is my worst game ever !

Oh yes. I have played Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 for both Xbox 360. By the way, there is an Japanese arcade version of Left 4 Dead called Left 4 Dead: Survivors. Is this game going to be like HighSchool of the Dead style?

Official website

http://seizonsha.jp/

and there is Polygon website with Left 4 Dead: Survivors category news.

http://www.polygon.com/game/left-4-dead-survivors/37211

I remember my friend letting me borrow his left for dead copy at first it was a little repettive until I fought my first tank. Then I sort of changed my mind.I do not agree with joe on this one.For me it was a classic.

The versus with  8 good friend is the best, never repetitive and a lot of fun or i try new imaginary mod like, left 4 run, finish the campaigne on speedrun or never use yours gun, juste funny !

Heyyo,

The Versus mode is definitely where this game shines. No other game has done it this well for vs campaign modes.

I have both L4D1 and 2 on Steam. They are fun to play every once in a while. The community isn't too bad although in every community there are asshats. I have played both over 30 hours and am still not bored with them. The only thing that bothers me about the series is that someone else has to save you if you are grabbed by the infected. I would like to break free on my own. Sure not as fast as someone saving you. But being completely helpless doesn't sit well with me. It's not scary in the aspect rather it's just annoying.

It was done that way for gameplay... so that you actually needed your team vs the 1-man-army that is Resident Evil. By the sounds of it you'd probably enjoy that series more. I myself loved RE4 (pc version sucked balls though, mods make it more tollerable though but still not quite "right".. maybe RE4 HD has better controls) & RE5, but didn't like RE6 nearly as much.. something feels "off" about the combat I don't know how to describe it lol... Don't feel motivated to finish that game... people hate on RE5 because it's not a horror game, but if it had a different name? It would probably get more praise than what some would say. It's a great zombie co-op game.