• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Clumsyninja

Wow, looks like Vita manged to get on top of the 3DS this week in software sales, with the release of God Eater 2, and Vita Tv.

27 posts in this topic

Plus the Remote Play between PS Vita & PS4 could be the reason aswell. It's a pretty neat feature IF you have the appropiate connection of course. 

Plus the Remote Play between PS Vita & PS4 could be the reason aswell. It's a pretty neat feature IF you have the appropiate connection of course. 

This sums it up, I only bought the vita recently and because of the ps4. I don't regret it. It's a good system.

The popularity and rock solid feature of the PS Vita - Remote Play - will cause the steady decline of the 3DS. It isnt an assumption, it is extremely likely.

The individual consoles by themselves, yes the 3DS still does trump the PS Vita. But the Remote Play feature is just so good when you give it a good enough internet connection for linking to your PS4 for FULL CONSOLE quality games, that unless Nintendo does something really wild...

And there isnt much good if they deliver the remote playability from the Wii U/Wii or even in reverse - 3DS on the Wii U - It just cant compete with that. Nintendo really needs to pull a pretty large rabbit out of their hat to compete with the PS Vita's Remote Play.

The popularity and rock solid feature of the PS Vita - Remote Play - will cause the steady decline of the 3DS. It isnt an assumption, it is extremely likely.

The individual consoles by themselves, yes the 3DS still does trump the PS Vita. But the Remote Play feature is just so good when you give it a good enough internet connection for linking to your PS4 for FULL CONSOLE quality games, that unless Nintendo does something really wild...

And there isnt much good if they deliver the remote playability from the Wii U/Wii or even in reverse - 3DS on the Wii U - It just cant compete with that. Nintendo really needs to pull a pretty large rabbit out of their hat to compete with the PS Vita's Remote Play.

Nintendo will do something wild alright...they will add a tablet followed by a Wii Remote to the 3DS to make it next gen.

mouseno4 and Knighthawk23 like this

Nintendo will do something wild alright...they will add a tablet followed by a Wii Remote to the 3DS to make it next gen.

LOL WOT???

I'm hoping it becomes more popular it's a great system, more people buying it will hopefully get us better games or get more games to be translated.

The Vita's a fine handheld in it's own right.  The selection of earth shattering games for it isn't large, but it's got a respectable number of games worth playing on it.   Just like the PSP it gets a no longer justified bad rap thanks to it's release selection and other stupid things (like Sony's pricing on memory.)  I enjoy both my 3DS XL and my Vita pretty much equally.  They both get tossed into my bag when I go to work or to class.

That being said - the Vita's battery life is garbage when compared to the 3DS XL or the PSP, sadly.

I'm hoping it becomes more popular it's a great system, more people buying it will hopefully get us better games or get more games to be translated.

There are quite a few games that look interesting in japan that wouldn't be brought here cause the vita isn't popular yet TT it sucks haha

What you just said is HIGHLY unlikely. lol The sales, and popularity of the 3DS is growing. If you read the article, it was the software the Vita beat the 3DS in just this month, while the 3DS LL still outsold the Vita in hardware sales. The 3DS has a huge growing library, and with A Link Between Worlds out, and Christmas coming it will only sell more. The Vita has yet to sell 10 million units, while the 3DS is around 45 million units. This will not stop the 3DS at all with its line up still strong. The Vita just had Tearaway but there is no AAA exclusives coming out for it anytimes soon now. Gravity Rush 2 was shown, but it hasn't even gotten a release date yet. 3DS still has Smash Bros, Yoshis New Island, Professor Layton 5, Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney, Firem Emblem vs Shin Megaim, Mario Golf, Bravely Defualt, and more coming out that will make the system sell. The 3DS sees no end to stopping. This Vita feature will change nothing. It boosted sales for just this month since the PS4 launch, but it will most likely die down, since most people don't want to spend another $200+ for the feature. The feature isn't as popular as you think, and nowhere near as popular as the 3DS. I think its sad that the only way the Vita can get sales is by getting games that you can play on a console, instead of games for just itself. 

3DS will still stay on top though. 

i love my vita. in fact im playing it right now! it is sad its not a very popular console because it its such high tech and looks pretty.

The 3DS will plummet in sales in the coming months and i will flat out guarantee the Vita will rise to replace it. The simple fact that the 3DS cannot compete with full console quality games on a mobile stage, like the Vita can do means that it will soon be replaced as the dominant handheld.

What you fail to see is that it isnt the Vita on its own that will decimate the 3DS. It is the AAA games played on the PS4 THROUGH the PS Vita that will. When the inevitable 'The Last of Us', Uncharted, Killzone, God of War and many others come to the PS4 - it means they will ALSO be coming to PS Vita. THIS - THIS will be the downfall of the 3DS. I guarantee it. Nintendo really needs to counter Remote Play if they are to keep their 3DS competitive.

The 3DS will plummet in sales in the coming months and i will flat out guarantee the Vita will rise to replace it. The simple fact that the 3DS cannot compete with full console quality games on a mobile stage, like the Vita can do means that it will soon be replaced as the dominant handheld.

What you fail to see is that it isnt the Vita on its own that will decimate the 3DS. It is the AAA games played on the PS4 THROUGH the PS Vita that will. When the inevitable 'The Last of Us', Uncharted, Killzone, God of War and many others come to the PS4 - it means they will ALSO be coming to PS Vita. THIS - THIS will be the downfall of the 3DS. I guarantee it. Nintendo really needs to counter Remote Play if they are to keep their 3DS competitive.

3DS Has amazing games that you can't get on any other platform where as those I can just play on my PS4, So I think you might be wrong on that part just for that fact (Remote play isn't strong enough to out do the great only on 3DS titles) imo. That being said I hope get more popular though so we can get some of the wicked games it has over here all ready.

3DS Has amazing games that you can't get on any other platform where as those I can just play on my PS4, So I think you might be wrong on that part just for that fact (Remote play isn't strong enough to out do the great only on 3DS titles) imo. That being said I hope get more popular though so we can get some of the wicked games it has over here all ready.

I am afraid you are mistaken in that. I dont know why, but the vast majority of Asian customers like everything in small packages. If they could get full AAA console games on a handheld, they will do so.

Like i have explained to you already, the PS Vita on its own merits does not compare to the 3DS by any means. But the strength of its Remote Play means that the 3DS must compete with BOTH the PS Vita AND the PS4.

The vita is all ready pretty popular there, I'm talking about in NA where it doesn't sell and I don't see it getting that much bigger here when most people will see PS4 games and say I all ready own a PS4 why should I bother to get that when I can play games on 3DS that are great and can't get anywhere else.

No, i was talking about the far more important market than NA - Japan. When it comes to Asian companies Nintendo and Sony, the most important market for them is Japan.

And i am not attempting to talk you into or out of your 3DS. I am simply stating the Vita's Remote Play and the ability to play full PS4 games will undoubtedly destroy the 3DS in the long run. Just like the Wii U, and the fact that is still around, the 3DS will still be around for a long time yet and so it isnt going anywhere. But the Vita will steadily rise in comparison, esp. when you take into account the 'Ultimate Bundle' Sony will be releasing in the future. (PS4 and PS Vita bundle)

I own both the 3DS and Vita you don't need to talk me in to anything lol, I just think exclusives far out weigh being able to play a PS4 game on it imo.

Time will tell. The point is, there has never been full size AAA games on a handheld, 3DS or Vita. I have played a third of AC4 on my Vita - it works that well.

We need only wait to see what happens, and if Nintendo can step up to the plate with some ultra cool counter to Remote Play. I have no idea what it will be, but it most definitely will have to be huge to keep their 3DS current.

What you just said is HIGHLY unlikely. lol The sales, and popularity of the 3DS is growing. If you read the article, it was the software the Vita beat the 3DS in just this month, while the 3DS LL still outsold the Vita in hardware sales. The 3DS has a huge growing library, and with A Link Between Worlds out, and Christmas coming it will only sell more. The Vita has yet to sell 10 million units, while the 3DS is around 45 million units. This will not stop the 3DS at all with its line up still strong. The Vita just had Tearaway but there is no AAA exclusives coming out for it anytimes soon now. Gravity Rush 2 was shown, but it hasn't even gotten a release date yet. 3DS still has Smash Bros, Yoshis New Island, Professor Layton 5, Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney, Firem Emblem vs Shin Megaim, Mario Golf, Bravely Defualt, and more coming out that will make the system sell. The 3DS sees no end to stopping. This Vita feature will change nothing. It boosted sales for just this month since the PS4 launch, but it will most likely die down, since most people don't want to spend another $200+ for the feature. The feature isn't as popular as you think, and nowhere near as popular as the 3DS. I think its sad that the only way the Vita can get sales is by getting games that you can play on a console, instead of games for just itself. 

I didn't know there was a Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei game on the way for the 3DS... I know that game was announced for WiiU, but I haven't heared anything about a 3DS version. 

I played the demo of Bravely Default and *yawns* BORING! Although it is made by SquareEnix, compared to the beauty of the pearl of FF6, Bravely Default lacks huge in story. I don't know, maybe the story hasn't really been told in the demo, so I'm not being fair. But I do remember playing demo's of Legend of the Dragoon and Suikoden 2 back in the PSX era, and these demo's were able to convice me of the good story these games have yet to unfold. 

Either Bravely Default has a crappy story or it's just a crappy demo. I wasn't convinced by it. 

Anywayz it's true that the range of games on the 3DS outweight the available games of the PS Vita. But Remote Play is something that shouldn't be underestimated. Compared to the PSP, you are now able to play PS4 games on your Vita while not being home. Therefore the available games for Vita potentially grows with each new PS4 game. Obviously some PS4 game might be difficult to play on a PS Vita, because a Vita doesn't have that many buttons as a PS4 controller, but from what I have seen and heared.. the touchpad on the back covers this handicap quiet well. 

Personally I'm amazed by the Remote Play feature and I'm curious to know if it works well here in my neighboorhood and in the city with the current 3G. The only thing that holds me back is finding out that tapping off Wifi won't be sufficient for a good Remote Play. & 4G Won't be here till 2020  :wacko: 

I'm curious 2 see how the marketshares of handheld will evolve now. There's even an announced bundle of PS4 and PS Vita together! Price TBA. 

I personally love my Vita and I'm glad its topped 3ds, it's a shame that it doesn't have any really good games because it would certainly increase its popularity.

-snip-

Anywayz it's true that the range of games on the 3DS outweight the available games of the PS Vita. But Remote Play is something that shouldn't be underestimated. Compared to the PSP, you are now able to play PS4 games on your Vita while not being home. Therefore the available games for Vita potentially grows with each new PS4 game. Obviously some PS4 game might be difficult to play on a PS Vita, because a Vita doesn't have that many buttons as a PS4 controller, but from what I have seen and heared.. the touchpad on the back covers this handicap quiet well. 

Personally I'm amazed by the Remote Play feature and I'm curious to know if it works well here in my neighboorhood and in the city with the current 3G. The only thing that holds me back is finding out that tapping off Wifi won't be sufficient for a good Remote Play. & 4G Won't be here till 2020  :wacko: 

I'm curious 2 see how the marketshares of handheld will evolve now. There's even an announced bundle of PS4 and PS Vita together! Price TBA. 

That was what i was trying to convey. I have played AC4 on my PS Vita through Remote Play whilst NOT being in the same wifi as the PS4. OUTSIDE the PS4's wifi range. The latency is almost non-existent. Or at least isnt noticeable. Notice the games i did state were mostly single player gamers, because you dont want to have to deal with the extra latency from your Vita to your PS4 to your game servers. It could mean the difference between getting that knife kill and having your knife kill countered.

The only problem with Remote Play is the requirement for a decently speedy connection. I dont have credit on my Vita's 3G sim card account to test the possibility of 3G playing, but honestly, i dont think i want to risk that anymore than anyone wants to play the latest CoD on a 56k modem. You just dont want to do that.

The lacking buttons are sufficiently solved by use of sectioned off portions of the touch pad on the rear and parts of the screen. For example - in AC4, bottom right and left corners of the screen are for L3 and R3, middle of the screen is for the touch pad mechanical button, left and right of the rear touch pad are the bumpers L1 and R1 and the bumpers on the Vita are your triggers L2 and R2.

What you ALSO need to factor in, is the fact that this isnt the PS3-PS Vita Remote Play of old, which was massively costly and time consuming to develop for. No, developers themselves - the AC4 devs for instance - specifically stated that the time and cost to develop Remote Play functionality into the game... was ONE.WHOLE.DAY.

I didn't know there was a Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei game on the way for the 3DS... I know that game was announced for WiiU, but I haven't heared anything about a 3DS version. 

I played the demo of Bravely Default and *yawns* BORING! Although it is made by SquareEnix, compared to the beauty of the pearl of FF6, Bravely Default lacks huge in story. I don't know, maybe the story hasn't really been told in the demo, so I'm not being fair. But I do remember playing demo's of Legend of the Dragoon and Suikoden 2 back in the PSX era, and these demo's were able to convice me of the good story these games have yet to unfold. 

Either Bravely Default has a crappy story or it's just a crappy demo. I wasn't convinced by it. 

Where id you play the Bravely Default Demo its not out yet. lol Either way thats just your opinion, we haven't seen if any critics, or anyone else agrees with you (if you are even tellign the truth that is.) Either way its highly unlikely that the Vita will outsell the 3Ds, even with the Remote play. Most gamers are not going to spend an extra $200+ just to play games that they can already play on their PS4, and like i said its sad that the only thing that can save the Vita, is the consoles, while the 3DS is doing more than find on its own. The line-iup is strong with the 3DS, and more games can be announced at any given moment with a Nintendo Direct. Its just so unlikely going to happen, especially with this holdiay coming. 

I personally love my Vita and I'm glad its topped 3ds, it's a shame that it doesn't have any really good games because it would certainly increase its popularity.

It topped it in software sales, but is still behind the 3DSLL in hardware sales just this month. The VIta is still around 35 million units behind the 3DS in hardware sales. 

Like i said, thats an incredibly bold statement by the way the 3DS has been getting more and more popular. Its line-up is still strong, and lets be honest, Nintendo 1st party games outsell Sonys first party games every year. I mean the entire Uncharted series together has sold 24 million units.. Pokemon Diamond sold 24 million units itself.. There is still only around 5 million Vita owners right now, while there is around 45 million 3DS owners.. The 3DS still has a huge line-up, and games coming out, while the Vita doesn't.. The fact that the Vita has to rely on console games to save it,is pretty pathetic in its own right. I don't play handhelds to play games that i play on my consoles at home,. i play my handheld games to experience there own exclusives, and games that i can't play on my console. If i want to play my console games, i will play them on my console at home, i will play my amazing handheld games when i am away from them. Just because its a console game doesn't mean it is better then every single handheld game made. lol A Link Between Worlds is higher rated than any of the PS4, and XboxOne games so far. So is a lot of other 3DS games.

I can easily see the sales dropping for the Vita after the PS4 has been out for a few months. There aren't as many gamers out ther willing to drop another $200+ just to play the same games on a console. I mean now they will be bundeling the Vita with the PS4, since they can't find any other way to sell it. Also, again, if you didn't read the article, the Vita only outsold the Original 3DS, not the 3DSLL. Plus you add up those to units, and you get far more sales than the Vita got. It sold out the original 3DS but thats it, and in only one week. 3DS still won this month. The Vita did beat it in software sales, but not by much. The 3DS has been outselling everything, and this is the 6th month in a row its been the highest selling gaming unit inthe US. Like i said, you are making a very unlikely claim. Nintnedo doesn't have to do anything, they don't need their console to try to save their handheld. Their handheld is doing fine on its own unlike the Vita.