• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

kyuubikhajiit

WHAT WE WANT TO SEE IN TES Vl (the elder scrolls 6)

61 posts in this topic

I didn't see this topic but as this is my favorite series I would love to talk about it. I as you may be able to tell i love khajiits and I think the next game should involve more khajiit lore there are 17-20 different breeds of khajiits and there form depends on the phase of the twin moons. there are some khajiits that have almost no cat-like features and they look like elves while some walk on all fours but are the size of mammoths khajiits are the most interesting race in TES besides the snow elves and dwarves but im getting off topic. I would also like some race actions like khajiits can un sheath theirs claws at will and the argonan have this cool swimming animation where they swim faster and more like a lizard would. last thing FLIGHT I really really would love for this to be a option somehow but I hope this was enough to get your juices flowing and get a good conversation going            

-Developed combat system like dragon dogma and dark soul

-More outcomes/ More interaction.

-More significance attributes and variety between each race. ( In matter of combat-wise, every race is the same. Each should be felt unique)

Other than that, the series can handle it well (Those are story/lore, designs, character development, connection setups, and vast environment of the world . its core is fine)

I'd love to see for once a main storyline that would suck me in and wouldn't let go until I was done with it. They focus so much on all the sidequests that in comparison to certain ones, the main quests feel like they don't really matter that much. Example: Thieves' Guild storyline in Skyrim was so damn amazing, dynamic and entertaining, while the main questline started to bore me after I've met Paarthurnax. They should borrow some writers from Bioware or CDP Red, because it's what always made me go "meh" after a while.

As for mechanics, locational damage. Never could figure out why the hell they left it out, when it worked so well in both Fallouts and could easily be employed in Skyrim. Improved weapons, Morrowind was amazing in that case, Oblivion less so, but Skyrim is really dumbed down for me. 

And please, for the love of Padomay, more people. It's sad that it's all so empty, compared to what could be done with such big world. Maybe it wouldn't be consistent with the ritual of killing half of the population during Arena events (there were some amazing estimates that Arena in IC is the main reason that there are so many people in the world :D ), but cooooome on. Not everyone has to have unique background story, just let me slaughter thousands when I feel like it. Also, it would make cities feel more alive. Which brings me to the last thing - Daggerfall-like world. Meaning not bugged more than your usual Bethesda game, but as huge as this. BS is one of the most important studios right now, they could easily pull this off.

I didn't see this topic but as this is my favorite series I would love to talk about it. I as you may be able to tell i love khajiits and I think the next game should involve more khajiit lore there are 17-20 different breeds of khajiits and there form depends on the phase of the twin moons. there are some khajiits that have almost no cat-like features and they look like elves while some walk on all fours but are the size of mammoths khajiits are the most interesting race in TES besides the snow elves and dwarves but im getting off topic.        

TES VI: Elsweyr? :D  Would be fun, seeing as it wasn't the center of any of TES games. Which actually makes it pretty probable.

kyuubikhajiit likes this

I want more character customization and if the perk system is still in the next game more perks to pick i felt like there werent enough options. Plus longer questlines all the guilds questlines were great the first time but after doing it the 3rd or 4th time it got boring but if it was longer if would be more fun.

Cinematic sequences and more consequences to actions and more shape to the world with what you do.

Because in Skyrim, when you finally defeat the Stormcloaks or Imperial Army, people still talk and react to it as if it hasn't ended and it removes you from being fully immersed with the game.

A good combat system.

Have the game be balanced.

More RPG elements.

Choices with consequences

More variety in all areas.

I would like to see monsters that dont always level up at the same time as i do.

And well combat could still be better because at the moment using melee against dragons and other big monsters is just off.

Ofcourse i didnt like how dumbed down it was, mostly for consoles. I loved the morrowind times when you had to find places and dungeons by knowing only the directions and getting lost, having a little journey and finally findign the right place. Now you have an arrow showing you where to go what makes the game very generic.

In the end i hope that witcher 3 will deliver and hopefully it will make bethesda step up its game.

• Better writers working on the game.

Interactions between and limititations to do with guilds, like how in Morrowind when you progressed far enough in one guild the other ones would be closed off.

Proper house building/decoration.

Shapeshifting talents/magic/whatever. I just want an unlimited animal shifts, none of this 'be a werewolf for 2min' stuff but rather 'turn into a wolf until you want to change back' so you can use animal forms for travelling, scouting out locations or RPing.

A much larger world and cities that are actual cities, really big in scale with loads of NPCs and the like. I hope TES VI is next-gen and PC only so that they build the game with the improved hardware in mind.

Co-op, being able to invite one to five friends and adventure, RP, etc together. Could work like Diablo or Borderlands where the more players that join the harder the enemies become and the more gold and such they drop.

Improved character customization both in terms of body but also when it comes to clothing, armour and the like. I thought Dragon's Dogma was really good in this regard and the types of stuff some of the immersive armours mods for Skyrim adds.

Animation system that allows the player to perform animations both from a list as well as situational animations, like warming hands at a fireplace.

Stealth that doesn't suck.

Survival elements, even if its an extra mode one has to enable. Having to prepare for journeys by taking food, water, collecting firewood before camping at night and things like that.

Vastly bigger world and with that vastly better horses, such as RDR ones, with mounted combat that is actually playable and enjoyable.

Ability to clear out / take over forts and the like stealthily without raising the alarm. Always really enjoyed doing that in Farcry 3.

Less linear dungeons and ones that are much longer and also darker. Didn't even need torches in Skyrim in most of the dungeons.

A good hunting system. Going to hunt deer and stuff is awesome and all but it should be more difficult and reward a lot more from a single kill. So it might take much longer, have to spend time at the corpse to get the meat, hide, antlers, whatever. I always find it a bit weird in games that you would have to go a slaughter like 10 animals just to make a tiny bit of profit. How do the NPC hunters make their living? There would be no animals left lol.

Girith and The Creator like this

A lot of what I want from TES games I can get from mods.

Story can be added to, NPC's added, flight (we had it in Oblivion as well, quests, weapons, armour and improved factions.

What I would love, and Oblivion almost got it, is more depth to the guilds. Skyrim felt a bit lacklustre in that department. Not being able to join all of them on one character would be a start. Just flesh them out a bit.

So im going to tell all of you right now Co op in fallout or elder scrolls(Unless ESO) will not happen they made an MMO just so you could play co op. Im sure Bethesda could make an option in the menu with the ability to turn off quest markers in Skyrim. Also atleast in my opiniion stealth didnt suck in Skyrim it was the most over powered thing in the game. A better hunting system would help but i never felt like i was hunting theres like what deer,wolfs.trolls,beers,and sabre cats more variety would actually make hunting something players would want to do. Maybe a tracking skill would make hunting more enjoyable also.

kyuubikhajiit likes this

Give us hardcore mode

let us find locations and quest objectives without having some idiotic arrow pointing to every little thing

make the main quest more exciting and enthralling; not a generalized feel like skyrim

please for the love of god make a better engine and mod tools

a better more in-depth magic system

Consequences to actions

tougher AI

More guilds to join, like in morrowind; and also have requirements advance in those guild like in morrowind

Also 1-4 player coop

Ev. likes this

• Better writers working on the game.
  • Interactions between and limititations to do with guilds, like how in Morrowind when you progressed far enough in one guild the other ones would be closed off.
  • Proper house building/decoration.
  • Shapeshifting talents/magic/whatever. I just want an unlimited animal shifts, none of this 'be a werewolf for 2min' stuff but rather 'turn into a wolf until you want to change back' so you can use animal forms for travelling, scouting out locations or RPing.
  • A much larger world and cities that are actual cities, really big in scale with loads of NPCs and the like. I hope TES VI is next-gen and PC only so that they build the game with the improved hardware in mind.
  • Co-op, being able to invite one to five friends and adventure, RP, etc together. Could work like Diablo or Borderlands where the more players that join the harder the enemies become and the more gold and such they drop.
  • Improved character customization both in terms of body but also when it comes to clothing, armour and the like. I thought Dragon's Dogma was really good in this regard and the types of stuff some of the immersive armours mods for Skyrim adds.
  • Animation system that allows the player to perform animations both from a list as well as situational animations, like warming hands at a fireplace.
  • Stealth that doesn't suck.
  • Survival elements, even if its an extra mode one has to enable. Having to prepare for journeys by taking food, water, collecting firewood before camping at night and things like that.
  • Vastly bigger world and with that vastly better horses, such as RDR ones, with mounted combat that is actually playable and enjoyable.
  • Ability to clear out / take over forts and the like stealthily without raising the alarm. Always really enjoyed doing that in Farcry 3.
  • Less linear dungeons and ones that are much longer and also darker. Didn't even need torches in Skyrim in most of the dungeons.
  • A good hunting system. Going to hunt deer and stuff is awesome and all but it should be more difficult and reward a lot more from a single kill. So it might take much longer, have to spend time at the corpse to get the meat, hide, antlers, whatever. I always find it a bit weird in games that you would have to go a slaughter like 10 animals just to make a tiny bit of profit. How do the NPC hunters make their living? There would be no animals left lol.

This. And if I may I would like to add a bit more.

- Increased variety between fighting styles. People who make classes like Thiefs and Mages are still forced to fight like a warrior, but with less defense, flesh out the combat to let the player fight the way there class would do. Thiefs could get in there, steal enemies weapon caches and then fight them while they are unarmed. Mages, being the shifters of reality that they are, could use or creat terrain to give them distance or barriers against melee attackers.

- A living world. Make weather really affect what happens around you or to you. Example, if the game is in Elswyr, which is a great desert, make sandstorms that will uncover dungeons temporarily and block others.

Ev. and kyuubikhajiit like this

I really like all the ideas you guys are putting up here hopefully angry joe gets to see this and get it to Bethesda some how so lets keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would love to see kids of each race and like many of you said bigger city's and more npcs!!!!!! ALSO MORE SPELLS I always play as a mage so I want tons of new spells and different types of magic like the new trap and cloak spells in skyrim that was cool but keep going like more summoning like TES IV had a lot of summons well im greedy I want huge spells lmao sorry also keep the transformations in they don't have to be the same but hehehe a flying form would be epic or add a badass final form that's would be hard to get as in having to transform twice or something let me kno what you think

So im going to tell all of you right now Co op in fallout or elder scrolls(Unless ESO) will not happen they made an MMO just so you could play co op.

No, Zenimax is making an MMO. Not Bethesda. Also given how the games are made more and more with console players as the primary market, I think we will see co op at some point. Bear in mind the current shift towards seamless and immersive multiplayer experiences that make use of the cloud and the like. Also Todd Howard himself said that co op is always on the list of things they think about adding into each new game but that it always left out due to wanting to focus on other things first. Its more likely we'll get co op than we would things that modders will add into the game.

kyuubikhajiit likes this

Ok i see your point but the thing about co op is to make a competent co op game it has to be build from the ground up for co op. If they dont do it and just add it in more than likely it will be horrible. Elder scrolls(not online) is built from the ground up for single player gameplay even if it was co op they would have to make the difficulty increase as more players join and because of this certain places at higher difficulties solo would be near impossible. In elder scrolls you should not be forced to play with someone becuase you can not do it solo it wouldnt feel like an elder scrolls game. 

Ok i see your point but the thing about co op is to make a competent co op game it has to be build from the ground up for co op. If they dont do it and just add it in more than likely it will be horrible.

I think this is a bullshit excuse to be honest. I can see it being valid in many types of games but not ones like Skyrim. You know what co-op would do to the balance of the game? Nothing. There is already difficulty settings in the game, they would only need to have even higher difficulties for those who want to play co-op and still get a challenge. Or, as said earlier, have something akin to Borderlands, Diablo and such where the enemies get stronger with each new player joined. The only balancing that does is raise the percentages of things. Two players? Enemy health, strength, mana/stamina pools and whatever increase by 20%.

Also Skyrim is only challenging if you want it to be. The majority of the player base probably doesn't play on the higher difficulties to begin with and the goal of co op would not be for extra challenge but to be able to play the game with a friend. It would not need lots of extra attention besides the ability to trade with one another and the inclusion of a chatbox and voice chat.

Would like to see stats added back in ....abit more micro managing, may be as a option, but making it that you would have a better character for your style of play, like lets say you need to increase strength to weld heavier weapons..   like the perks, would be nice if we can mix them with stats so you have to choose more carefully    

• Interactions between and limitations to do with guilds, like how in Morrowind when you progressed far enough in one guild the other ones would be closed off.
  • Shapeshifting talents/magic/whatever. I just want an unlimited animal shifts, none of this 'be a werewolf for 2min' stuff but rather 'turn into a wolf until you want to change back' so you can use animal forms for travelling, scouting out locations or RPing.
  • Co-op, being able to invite one to five friends and adventure, RP, etc together. Could work like Diablo or Borderlands where the more players that join the harder the enemies become and the more gold and such they drop.
  • Improved character customization both in terms of body but also when it comes to clothing, armour and the like. I thought Dragon's Dogma was really good in this regard and the types of stuff some of the immersive armours mods for Skyrim adds.
  • Animation system that allows the player to perform animations both from a list as well as situational animations, like warming hands at a fireplace.
  • Survival elements, even if its an extra mode one has to enable. Having to prepare for journeys by taking food, water, collecting firewood before camping at night and things like that.
  • Vastly bigger world and with that vastly better horses, such as RDR ones, with mounted combat that is actually playable and enjoyable.
  • Less linear dungeons and ones that are much longer and also darker. Didn't even need torches in Skyrim in most of the dungeons.
  • A good hunting system. Going to hunt deer and stuff is awesome and all but it should be more difficult and reward a lot more from a single kill. So it might take much longer, have to spend time at the corpse to get the meat, hide, antlers, whatever. I always find it a bit weird in games that you would have to go a slaughter like 10 animals just to make a tiny bit of profit. How do the NPC hunters make their living? There would be no animals left lol.

These are all things I'd like to see as well, especially when roleplaying. Also, a leveling system where raising my lockpicking doesn't make enemies stronger.

Ev. likes this

Have u played borderlands 2 the scaling is horrible solo you cant get anything done in the later levels without someone else or without having to build a certain way. Elder scrolls could be different but even if we want co op because of ESO and the 60 percent of elder scrolls fans dont like there immersion ruined which is why the game has been single player for so long. Skyrim took what 5-6 years to develop so in theory it would take maybe what another year or so to develop skyrim with co op maybe less.  if the devs really wanted to they could of added in co op for skyrim from the get go but they didnt. Im sure there were plenty of fans who played the previous elder scrolls games and wanted co op so  the reason they didnt do was that a majority of fans dont want co op. Elder scrolls is known for single player fun. However, im guessing that Bethesda will be looking at ESO and how it sells to see if co op type gameplay is viable. if it does do well more than likely it will be in the next game. 

I really want 5 major things:

• A longer, more interesting main quest that has me intrigued. None of that "chosen one" BS were you know you are going to win from the beginning. And the possibility of losing. Not such as dying, but not anything like OMG you pissed this guy off by not choosing the right words so you can wait 24 hours and then ask him again. More care full decisions and really challenging fights.
  • Like come on guys, dragons were supposed to be considered gods, I was supposed to be like HOLY FUCKING DRAGON FUCK IN MY ASSHOLE and start running for my life, even with legendary difficulty, mods had to come into play to make it harder.(not the fuck part) Also just throwing this out there i did not land a single blow on Alduin and let everyone else do the work, easily.
  • Better followers. Really they need to improve on 3 things.1. treatment based on your decisions, when he can see you, or when something happens locally. Let me elaborate here, so I did the college of Winterhold quests, you know and (spoiler alert) became archmage and my trusty follower, the Wood Elf from Riverwood, Faendal, was there the whole time. So still when ever i unsheathe a fire spell, Faendal freaks the fuck out and screams, and I quote, "Don't set anything on fire, alright". Now a guard, may not know these things, but somebody who saw these things should know and have a little more respect. 2. So lets say i am the nicest dude in like all of fucking Skyrim and he knows that, so when I say kill someone I am probably having some good reasons behind it and he should do it. Oh yeah and by the way make it so if he is like a pack mule, takes all the damage, I am an ass of a person to everyone and/or I even beat him, that he could one day leave me. 3. So i silently killed his girlfriend with him right there (following me) and he was not even fucking phased. He even asks if i have met his girlfriend yet happily, not sarcastically. That is all I am going to say on that part.
  • So um I am going to be strait forward on this one. I feel like i killed a baby frostbite spider and now I am the leader of the Companions. Like what the fuck, PLEASE give me more and a sense of accomplishment. Oh yeah i just realized something, I am a werewolf pledged to hunt with Hircine in the after-life but I am also a Nightingale pledged to protect the Twilight Sepulcher in the after-life also. Kinda kills the mood.
  • Not to mention about that Elsweyr idea, It should be combined with Valenwood because they are both pretty small and we should be given the option of all kind of khajit, although that may be hard beacause of the kitten and tiger like ones but i would love it. If they did that i would be okay with just Elsweyr. But really come on, who does not want to go to Summerset Isles, exactly.
rairoken16 and kyuubikhajiit like this

I like the idea of a hard core mode, but I really want destructible environments. 

Oh yes it would be fun if you could set fields on fire or use electricity on water or freeze water to.

kyuubikhajiit likes this

More populated worlds, more complex combat mechanics and better and longer main quest are some of the things I want. I liked the implementation of choices they put in Skyrim, but that needs to be expanded more. Also, a bigger impact on the world would be great. Like some races don't like you because for some reason you killed a lot of them and you gained the name of "elfbane" or something like that, which could affect trading and quest giving. Also, more interactable companions. That's a problem that always exists in Bethesda games. Yeah, you get to do a couple missions for them, but you don't really get to talk to them a lot. They just become mobile treasure chests in the end. Give us more complex companions. And on the subject of more populated worlds, there always seem to be about 30-40 NPCs in a city and in the surrounding area, but around 2000 human/humanoid enemies. Oblivion did towns well, but Skyrim just had empty streets nearly everywhere you looked. Also, battles always looked unepic in Elder Scrolls (with the exception of the final battle in Oblivion, and that's only because it was street-fighting, so few soldiers looked a lot more), because there's like 5-10 flea-ridden soldiers on your side, and about 10-15 enemy soldiers. I want to see more fights. I'd also liked to have seen taking part in more sieges and battles in Skyrim. The whole province was at open warfare, with 3 factions involved and it never showed. A little Mount&Blade spirit wouldn't hurt any Bethesda game really.

Ev. likes this

A little Mount&Blade spirit wouldn't hurt any Bethesda game really.

So much yes! I only played the first M&B but I adored it. I'm still amazed that the only game, that I know of, to make horses somewhat as good was RDR. How epic would it be if you had to escape with [quest item] by horse with a dozen or so enemies chasing you. Your horse maybe gets shot with an arrow and goes down, thus you have to desperately make a run to cover before you get trampled by the enemies, etc. Could be an amazing tense gameplay sequence, especially at night so you then have to hide and try to sneak away or something. You'd just hear the clatter of hooves and neighing. :3

That and lots of NPCs on screen during battles of course. I'm not too worried about that as I think they'll do that anyway, assuming they will be focusing on next-gen and PC.