• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

SgtRoss

COD: MODERN WARFARE-GHOST - VOTE FAILED

Should AJSA Officially Support (COD: MODERN WARFARE-GHOST)?   222 members have voted

1. 1. Should AJSA officially support (COD: MODERN WARFARE-GHOST)?

• Yes! I promise to play it regularly!
    • No. I wont be playing it often enough.
    • Yes, but wait until a major expansion first.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

256 posts in this topic

You missed the point, early Apollo models were failure and yet they were assumed to work. Assumption is part of the scientific process. You assume something, you question it, it fails, you then assume something else until you prove it to be fact, hope no one else proves you wrong and if they do, you get opportunity prove them wrong. That's science in its most basic form.

NOOO good god man, that is exactly my point and your just ... this is infuriating I swear

if they had not assumed, and had instead searched out every detail they would not have failed

ASSUMPTION is the OPPOSITE of Science, Assumption is the LACK OF REASON IN ARBITRARY DECISION MAKING

THere is no science in assumption

God damn it your frustrating me

NOOO good god man, that is exactly my point and your just ... this is infuriating I swear

if they had not assumed, and had instead searched out every detail they would not have failed

ASSUMPTION is the OPPOSITE of Science, Assumption is the LACK OF REASON IN ARBITRARY DECISION MAKING

THere is no science in assumption

God damn it your frustrating me

Yes you're absolutely right, but it's not human to avoid assumption. We try our best to avoid assumption but we can't, cause we do all these hours of research, experimentation and making our results as close to fact as possible. Then we practice it, oop we fucked up, back to the drawing board, because at end if the day, we can always say we may fucked up this time but we've come so far and we'll get it for sure working the next time. It all sounds like a really hard video game, the irony of it all huh?

Yes you're absolutely right, but it's not human to avoid assumption. We try our best to avoid assumption but we can't, cause we do all these hours of research, experimentation and making our results as close to fact as possible. Then we practice it, oop we fucked, back to the drawing board, because at end if the day, we can always say we may fucked up this time but we've come so far and we'll get it for sure working the next time. It all sounds like a really hard video game, the irony of that huh?

yes but see thats exactly it, you cant just explain away your mistakes, saying its ok because it was an assumption, it was not ok because it was an assumption, and my point in all this is that you have to go with the least Common denominator, in a sense

you can only use what ya know

the original guy who started this is an asshole but ... im gonna stop talking now coz I am just gonna rant

yes but see thats exactly it, you cant just explain away your mistakes, saying its ok because it was an assumption, it was not ok because it was an assumption, and my point in all this is that you have to go with the least Common denominator, in a sense

the original guy who started this is an asshole but ... im gonna stop talking now coz I am just gonna rant

Awww, then wouldn't had then we wouldn't have had this amazing intellectual deep conversation. We totally bonded man. We got to know each other from inside out.

What is this exactly?.... Oooh numbers!!

Yeah I think I should stop now too

Happy new year everybody

You don't seem to understand that I, and others, am talking about facts, not likings. CoD is bs, it's not a matter of taste. CoD is overpriced, it's not a matter of taste. CoD has a dumb community, it's not a matter of taste. But the ones with a good taste and a bit of logic can see all these things.

And I'm not giving you orders in what to buy or not, it's just that it's stupid to buy these games.

You don't seem to have much of gaming experience (calling CoD a competitive game and whatnot.. yeah, well..) and I'll assume that you don't know the value of money either ; just try to read our posts again from the beggining (skip the "halo wtf halo yes halo oh halo no halo yes halo" part) while you keep in mind that you have way more experienced guys talking to you, who have seen very much better games, like some that are fine without any update and standing still for years.. while having no-cost.

CoD is a $120/year bad update. If each title is that good and you don't play for its marketing-on-social-dimension-for-little-kids, why wouldn't you stick with only one title and not buy the new ones instead of doing it ?

P.s. :

Wtf ?

And thank you Sony for taking me and Croaker on a pointless adventure!

Happy new year everybody

And thank you Sony for taking me and Croaker on a pointless adventure!

I'm not even sure why people are arguing about who plays CoD here, the question and only thing that really needs to be discussed here is "Will you play CoD with other member from the AJSA" and if its no than that's what you answer, all this "waste of money" and "bad players" is completely out of context from the topic matter.

Edit: the real reason for the comments section here is organizing should the vote pass not dissing on those who did vote.

johnythehero likes this

Would I play Call of Duty with the Angry Army?

Of course, as long as no one hurts our reputation.

Would I play Call of Duty with the Angry Army?

Of course, as long as no one hurts our reputation.

Yes well, the solution to that would simply be to test run anyone we were playing with before hand to get a feel for them before letting them in anything official.

Personally I'm more than willing to play it with the AJSA, CoD's biggest problem it would seem is its large (and thus unruly and un restrained) player base, but that's why we have the AJSA we can work this out before going in and then play with guys we know are going to behave themselves, and if they don't we stop playing with em.

I agree with ofFireandStone, as long as we can make it so we don't have a stereotypical Call of Duty player in the AJSC, I'll play with the Angry Army.

Sorry but I dont think AJSA would want to support this game. In general, it just seems to lazy.

I don't know why everyone here is discussing so much about who plays it and blah blah but the point of this topic is for everyone to give an opinion of the game but I'm gonna give a opinion not just the game but the COD series itself so it would explain how I feel about it. 

I personally stay away from those types of games since after all if anyone here is smart enough that the games for its price are plain rip offs and they don't even bother to decrease the amount they are worth right after a new COD game comes out each year.

Here's a list of how much the games are worth on steam and what year they came out.

Call of duty:  $19.99 USD  released date: 2006

Call of duty 2: $19.99  released date: 2006

Call of duty 4 Modern Warfare: $49.99  released date: 2007

Call of duty Modern Warfare 2: $89.99  released date: 2009

Call of duty Black ops: $89.99  released date: 2010

Call of duty Modern Warfare 3: $39.99  released date: 2011

Call of duty Black ops 2: $89.99 released date: 2012

Call of duty Ghosts: $89.99 released date: 2013

Just wow look at these games that were highly played for the last couple of years, Metro: Last Light, Guild Wars 2, Batman Arkham series, Bioshock, etc, etc it goes on and on and all of those games are waaay cheaper to buy but more enjoyable.

Just looking at that its plain money hungry from the call of duty series, how the hell does the developers get paid for this?! they not good games, they re-do the same old same old gameplay each year and to top it all it attracts the wrong kind of people towards community's who support the COD series due to most of the people who actually play these games are immature, rude, racist, and trash talking. 

I played blackops when I had an xbox before I gave it to my cousin and this was about 3 years ago before I moved into PC gaming, about 70% of every player I met in every match had a mic, just yelled and was trying to make the game a big deal out of it like it was a hobby for life and I felt sad from that.

I was happy after I quit the xbox, when I moved to PC the community's I saw was amazing everyone I met especially here was nice mature and smart. Honestly I think supporting this game would just attract the wrong kind of people, the old community I used to work in as an Admin for game servers was only Garry's Mod but we had rules for players to come in be nice to others and have fun, we play games for fun right? Well seeing I experienced playing with other people with these types of games was quite bad. 

I don't know why everyone here is discussing so much about who plays it and blah blah but the point of this topic is for everyone to give an opinion of the game but I'm gonna give a opinion not just the game but the COD series itself so it would explain how I feel about it. 

I personally stay away from those types of games since after all if anyone here is smart enough that the games for its price are plain rip offs and they don't even bother to decrease the amount they are worth right after a new COD game comes out each year.

Here's a list of how much the games are worth on steam and what year they came out.

Call of duty:  $19.99 USD  released date: 2006

Call of duty 2: $19.99  released date: 2006

Call of duty 4 Modern Warfare: $49.99  released date: 2007

Call of duty Modern Warfare 2: $89.99  released date: 2009

Call of duty Black ops: $89.99  released date: 2010

Call of duty Modern Warfare 3: $39.99  released date: 2011

Just wow look at these games that were highly played for the last couple of years, Metro: Last Light, Guild Wars 2, Batman Arkham series, Bioshock, etc, etc it goes on and on and all of those games are waaay cheaper to buy but more enjoyable.

Just looking at that its plain money hungry from the call of duty series, how the hell does the developers get paid for this?! they not good games, they re-do the same old same old gameplay each year and to top it all it attracts the wrong kind of people towards community's who support the COD series due to most of the people who actually play these games are immature, rude, racist, and trash talking. 

I played blackops when I had an xbox before I gave it to my cousin and this was about 3 years ago before I moved into PC gaming, about 70% of every player I met in every match had a mic, just yelled and was trying to make the game a big deal out of it like it was a hobby for life and I felt sad from that.

I was happy after I quit the xbox, when I moved to PC the community's I saw was amazing everyone I met especially here was nice mature and smart. Honestly I think supporting this game would just attract the wrong kind of people, the old community I used to work in as an Admin for game servers was only Garry's Mod but we had rules for players to come in be nice to others and have fun, we play games for fun right? Well seeing I experienced playing with other people with these types of games was quite bad. 

Actually, I may get Call of Duty 2, game was the shit back in the day

Actually, I may get Call of Duty 2, game was the shit back in the day

I only played Finest Hour and Big Red One.

Call of duty: $19.99 USD released date: 2006

Call of duty 2: $19.99 released date: 2006

Call of duty 4 Modern Warfare: $49.99 released date: 2007

Call of duty Modern Warfare 2: $89.99 released date: 2009

Call of duty Black ops: $89.99 released date: 2010

Call of duty Modern Warfare 3: $39.99 released date: 2011

I played blackops when I had an xbox before I gave it to my cousin and this was about 3 years ago before I moved into PC gaming, about 70% of every player I met in every match had a mic, just yelled and was trying to make the game a big deal out of it like it was a hobby for life and I felt sad from that.

I was happy after I quit the xbox, when I moved to PC the community's I saw was amazing everyone I met especially here was nice mature and smart. Honestly I think supporting this game would just attract the wrong kind of people, the old community I used to work in as an Admin for game servers was only Garry's Mod but we had rules for players to come in be nice to others and have fun, we play games for fun right? Well seeing I experienced playing with other people with these types of games was quite bad.

Why are you discussing it, if you don't know? Most of the games you mention aren't FPS, the only two that are, bioshock and metro. Both of those games have casual play to their multiplayers and you're playing those types of games for it's story. CoD is played for it's multiplayer not for it's heartfelt storyline. Although, CoD also has a bunch more casual modes now like a horde mode and the new squads, which doesn't seem that interesting right now though. So again the price point would be a rip off w/o the horde, but because it's there and all the work that goes into it, plus the newer expansions get newer variations of that horde mode. All of what is said is true during the CoD 4 era. Toxic players exist everywhere, there's no such thing as a purely toxic community. I don't understand why you couldn't filter those ppl out, considering you were a admin. That's yo call of duty maaan.

*sigh* In the end my answer is a conditional yes, but even if the AJSA  wont have an official presence those who wish may still arrange matches amongst each other.

Garrett Tibbs likes this

Why are you discussing it, if you don't know? Most of the games you mention aren't FPS, the only two that are, bioshock and metro. Both of those games have casual play to their multiplayers and you're playing those types of games for it's story. CoD is played for it's multiplayer not for it's heartfelt storyline. Although, CoD also has a bunch more casual modes now like a horde mode and the new squads, which doesn't seem that interesting right now though. So again the price point would be a rip off w/o the horde, but because it's there and all the work that goes into it, plus the newer expansions get newer variations of that horde mode. All of what is said is true during the CoD 4 era. Toxic players exist everywhere, there's no such thing as a purely toxic community. I don't understand why you couldn't filter those ppl out, considering you were a admin. That's yo call of duty maaan.

Those were examples not actually putting the games as FPS themselves but if I wanted to put FPS games in that post I would go for either Garrys Mod and Team fortress 2 even though those games have been out for a while but those are good games that actually have a good FPS content that's enjoyable, the one I loved the most this year was Payday 2, that's a FPS after all in multiplayer and it was very fun but with COD its just the same I can't see any improvement of the devlopers trying to do something different't every year.

"Why are you discussing it, if you don't know?" I was saying I don't know why everyone was discussing "who plays it" I was talking about opinions of the game and if its good for AJSA to support it or not. 

" all the work that goes into it" Work goes into it? come on man, ask anyone has the developers of Call of Duty actually did put work into doing something different into the series?, trying to make it better?, not copy and paste of the old versions?

"purely toxic community" Toxic community? I was saying that PC gaming has good community's of mature players on any game people like from them, again I was saying that some games brings the wrong kind of people that are immature, rude, etc and I was pointing that COD brings the most of those type of people into community's if they "did support COD" the point of what I said there was if anyone here in the AJSA forums don't want people like that to come in then after that they wouldn't like the game to be supported at all.

Mod, i think that this thread have no sense of further existence, everything that had to be said, was said, and the community spoke, game wont be supported.

Garrett Tibbs likes this

Ghosts is great but I don't care or have ever own any of the old ones, we should support Ghosts only.

Those were examples not actually putting the games as FPS themselves but if I wanted to put FPS games in that post I would go for either Garrys Mod and Team fortress 2 even though those games have been out for a while but those are good games that actually have a good FPS content that's enjoyable, the one I loved the most this year was Payday 2, that's a FPS after all in multiplayer and it was very fun but with COD its just the same I can't see any improvement of the devlopers trying to do something different't every year.

"Why are you discussing it, if you don't know?" I was saying I don't know why everyone was discussing "who plays it" I was talking about opinions of the game and if its good for AJSA to support it or not.

" all the work that goes into it" Work goes into it? come on man, ask anyone has the developers of Call of Duty actually did put work into doing something different into the series?, trying to make it better?, not copy and paste of the old versions?

"purely toxic community" Toxic community? I was saying that PC gaming has good community's of mature players on any game people like from them, again I was saying that some games brings the wrong kind of people that are immature, rude, etc and I was pointing that COD brings the most of those type of people into community's if they "did support COD" the point of what I said there was if anyone here in the AJSA forums don't want people like that to come in then after that they wouldn't like the game to be supported at all.

They are trying, although yes they aren't as driven Santa Monica studios and not as passionate as naughty dog about their story. I still say this is NOT the CoD 4 era, they are trying to make changes. Which is one thing battlefield isn't doing.

Toxic community/players means rude, mean, and harsh, a.k.a. Assholes.

I think we should, the AJSA represents many online games for pc's but not many games for us console gamers to get involved in, wether the game is good or not can be debated but there is no doubt it has a huge following and could help get the AJSA recognized by more people.

i for one think that this COD is probaly their best in a long time since COD 4 it would be awesome to support the AJSA in some clan wars on ghosts

I think we should, the AJSA represents many online games for pc's but not many games for us console gamers to get involved in, wether the game is good or not can be debated but there is no doubt it has a huge following and could help get the AJSA recognized by more people.

i for one think that this COD is probaly their best in a long time since COD 4 it would be awesome to support the AJSA in some clan wars on ghosts

The post starts bad but gets better trust me. I have played and hated CoD in general for a long time for a myriad of reasons including but not limited to the worst hitboxes ever, the absolute worst spawning ever, low quality story, and general low quality games overall by comparison to their competitors. I rent every CoD game with full knowledge it`s going to suck to more accurately hate the franchise and adress it`s issues. So for the past two weeks or so i have been playing the most recent title, CoD Ghosts and will adress why we should support it and why we shouldn`t. The game differs from the rest of the franchise majorly so much in fact that i would bet that there is a larger difference between BO2 and Ghosts than there is between MW2, BO1, MW3 and BO2. Hitboxes were refined map size and diversity has increased. In addition to the refinements to hitboxes they have added or at least substantially increased the factor of different damage to different locations of the body for example hitting someone in the foot is no longer as lethal as a chest shot. Actions were taken against the "Quickscoping and Trickshotting" scum resulting with their presence remaining within BO2. The campaign has improved significantly as well. Beauner is right when he says it would definitely expand the AJSA but with what audience what type of people would join the AJSA from this decision? The worst fanbase in the whole damn gaming community thats who! The fanbase has from  my experience has somehow gotten worse and managed to lower the bar, Again. So unfortunately regardless of the countless improvements made by IW for the first time since 2009, My vote is still a no thanks to the fanbase, The point of being in this group is to play with like minded gamers, If you want play with small children of the ages 4-8 or want to be insulted by people in high school who think they are invincible via the internet play CoD in game chat. I am sure anybody that made an informed decision like myself would back up my statement.

The post starts bad but gets better trust me. I have played and hated CoD in general for a long time for a myriad of reasons including but not limited to the worst hitboxes ever, the absolute worst spawning ever, low quality story, and general low quality games overall by comparison to their competitors. I rent every CoD game with full knowledge it`s going to suck to more accurately hate the franchise and adress it`s issues. So for the past two weeks or so i have been playing the most recent title, CoD Ghosts and will adress why we should support it and why we shouldn`t.....(edited to reduce post size)

I agree with every point you have made, I even think the spawning has gotten worse. However, the fan base of LoL and Dota isn't much better IMO. I have tried to get used to MOBAs but the fan base is so....intense....that I get discouraged and stop playing. It is a by product of having such a large community, and it is unavoidable in any large multiplayer base.

I think that we should have group meetups for the consoles to see how many people are legitimately interested, and do a self contained test run. i.e. private match tournaments.

Willidog and ofFireandStone like this

The post starts bad but gets better trust me. I have played and hated CoD in general for a long time for a myriad of reasons including but not limited to the worst hitboxes ever, the absolute worst spawning ever, low quality story, and general low quality games overall by comparison to their competitors. I rent every CoD game with full knowledge it`s going to suck to more accurately hate the franchise and adress it`s issues. So for the past two weeks or so i have been playing the most recent title, CoD Ghosts and will adress why we should support it and why we shouldn`t. The game differs from the rest of the franchise majorly so much in fact that i would bet that there is a larger difference between BO2 and Ghosts than there is between MW2, BO1, MW3 and BO2. Hitboxes were refined map size and diversity has increased. In addition to the refinements to hitboxes they have added or at least substantially increased the factor of different damage to different locations of the body for example hitting someone in the foot is no longer as lethal as a chest shot. Actions were taken against the "Quickscoping and Trickshotting" scum resulting with their presence remaining within BO2. The campaign has improved significantly as well. Beauner is right when he says it would definitely expand the AJSA but with what audience what type of people would join the AJSA from this decision? The worst fanbase in the whole damn gaming community thats who! The fanbase has from  my experience has somehow gotten worse and managed to lower the bar, Again. So unfortunately regardless of the countless improvements made by IW for the first time since 2009, My vote is still a no thanks to the fanbase, The point of being in this group is to play with like minded gamers, If you want play with small children of the ages 4-8 or want to be insulted by people in high school who think they are invincible via the internet play CoD in game chat. I am sure anybody that made an informed decision like myself would back up my statement.

We at the AJSA have a strict user policy, so if the "worst player base in gaming" started joining us they would simply be removed if they didn't behave.