• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

SgtRoss

COD: MODERN WARFARE-GHOST - VOTE FAILED

Should AJSA Officially Support (COD: MODERN WARFARE-GHOST)?   222 members have voted

1. 1. Should AJSA officially support (COD: MODERN WARFARE-GHOST)?

• Yes! I promise to play it regularly!
    • No. I wont be playing it often enough.
    • Yes, but wait until a major expansion first.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

256 posts in this topic

Anything upwards of 50% is most, 51 percent for example is the majority over 49 percent, and thusly = most.

I just don't think 51% is accurate way of describing "most", although it is true, but barely by 1%

I just don't think 51% is accurate way of describing "most", although it is true, but barely by 1%

Yes indeed it is finicky and there is really no running tab on CoD players tracking ass from not ass, in my experience most people playing the game never even turn their mics on, and even when they do they don't seem to say much.

Edit: On that note I seem to have a high number of players avoiding me for my "language" considering I rarely even have my mic in I find that highly suspect.

Full Definition of MOST
:  greatest in quantity, extent, or degree <the most ability>
:  the majority of <most people>

you may have your own way that you have decided to describe it, but in order to have a Majority or a greater quantity out of 2 things, you must have over 50%

that is the exact ACTUAL definition, not your own made definition

Full Definition of MOST

: greatest in quantity, extent, or degree <the most ability>

: the majority of <most people>

you may have your own way that you have decided to describe it, but in order to have a Majority or a greater quantity out of 2 things, you must have over 50%

that is the exact ACTUAL definition, not your own made definition

Alright, I'll give you a more detailed explanation. Pretend for a second, you and me are having guessing contest ( the one where you have to guess a number between 1-10 ) with a common friend. We both know his history with this game, which is 80% of the time he'd pick 1-5, and only 49% he picks #5, meaning the obvious choice is #1-4 but 5 is still a possibility because 49% of error margin and it's most unlikely that it's #6-10 because the error margin is only 20%. So set 1-5 is more safer than 1-4 because of the error margin. Although 1-4 is "most" probable outcome by definition.

Alright, I'll give you a more detailed explanation. Pretend for a second, you and me are having guessing contest ( the one where you have to guess a number between 1-10 ) with a common friend. We both know his history with this game, which is 80% of the time he'd pick 1-5, and only 49% he picks #5, meaning the obvious choice is #1-4 but 5 is still a possibility because 49% of error margin and it's most unlikely that it's #6-10 because the error margin is only 20%. So set 1-5 is more safer than 1-4 because of the error margin. Although 1-4 is "most" correct answer by definition.

you are also talking about an equation dealing with 10 possibilities, this conversation is dealing with 2 groups

and the fact is he would technically pick #5 Most out of your logic, as it is what he chooses the highest out of all the numbers, even over 1-4

so....

you are also talking about an equation dealing with 10 possibilities, this conversation is dealing with 2 groups

and the fact is he would technically pick #5 Most out of your logic, as it is what he chooses the highest out of all the numbers, even over 1-4

so....

My point is the margin of error is small, by saying your willing to accept 49% chance off error. That's a way bigger risk, than a 30% chance of error. So are you saying "most" of the time when you are talking; you're only, at the very least, you're 51% sure of what you say (a.k.a. 49% you don't even believe in what you say)? What?

My point is the margin of error is small, by saying your willing to accept 49% chance off error. That's a way bigger risk, than a 30% chance of error. So are you saying "most" of the time when you are talking; you're only, at the very least, you're 51% sure of what you say (a.k.a. 49% you don't even believe in what you say)? What?

No because when I talk I will tell you absolutely what I nearly 100% Confident in saying, Most is an inadequate term in that phrase, I am not willing to accept anything 

but when someone says "Most" I think at THE VERY LEAST 51% makes up most

Most is a Broad term, that is my point you can not assume actual percentages off of it, all you can no is it is more then Half That is it

I am not arguing about COD or any of this topic, I am explaining a definition of something that you are being too stubborn to accept that you Incorrect about

No because when I talk I will tell you absolutely what I nearly 100% Confident in saying, Most is an inadequate term in that phrase, I am not willing to accept anything

but when someone says "Most" I think at THE VERY LEAST 51% makes up most

Most is a Broad term, that is my point you can not assume actual percentages off of it, all you can no is it is more then Half That is it

I am not arguing about COD or any of this topic, I am explaining a definition of something that you are being too stubborn to accept that you Incorrect about

Yes, you're right about the definition, but so am I, 70% is still more than 50%. So by definition alone, we're both right. Although, it's the degree that's in question and all I'm saying, all I've been saying is I rather have 30% margin of error, than a 49% behemoth size margin of error.

Yes, you're right about the definition, but so am I, 70% is still more than 50%. So by definition alone, we're both right. Although, it's the degree that's in question and all I'm saying, all I've been saying is I rather have 30% margin of error, than a 49% behemoth size margin of error.

But why are you deciding someone elses use of the word?

I am not saying 49% margin of error, I am just taking the the scientific approach, of making no assumptions

I am not saying 49% margin of error, I am just taking the the scientific approach, of making no assumptions

The scientific approach in a fixed amount based on provable data, absolutely the 1% makes all the difference you need. Although, the scientific approach in an assumption is best not to have not have a 49% margin of error, because not only would it cause mathematical headaches, but also risks personal credibility. It's something Business ppl ignore and something scientist try to avoid.

When making most of the time an assumption why would you be only 51% sure?

Why buy a game on steam 50% off, when

You know you can have it for 70% off.

The scientific approach in a fixed amount based on provable data, absolutely the 1% makes all the difference you need. Although, the scientific approach in an assumption is best not to have not have a 49% margin of error, because not only would it cause mathematical headaches, but also risks personal credibility. It's something Business ppl ignore and something scientist try to avoid.

Assumptions are not at all scientific

When making most of the time an assumption why would you be only 51% sure?

Why buy a game on steam 50% off, when

You know you can have it for 70% off.

but you cannot assume the game will be 70% off for sure, you wait and see but you dont wait til after the sale, you do not ever make assumptions without actual data,

and there is no actual data in this, so therefore I can make no assumptions 

Jebus! You're all talking numbers!! Hold on while I get a computer translator!!!

Assumptions are not at all scientific

Ugh.. Assumptions absolutely not science, but I say it is scientific because the origin of scientific theory are assumptions and once they pass a series of tests, the result is science.

Ugh.. Assumptions absolutely not science, but I say it is scientific because the origin of scientific theory are assumptions and once they pass a series of tests, the result is science.

No, there are hypotheses, which are based on already known facts, to start working your way through possible existing conclusions

Never Ever Assume, that is one of the first laws of both Math Science and Life

but you cannot assume the game will be 70% off for sure, you wait and see but you dont wait til after the sale, you do not ever make assumptions without actual data,

and there is no actual data in this, so therefore I can make no assumptions

Sorry, that was a hypothetical situation, where you did know. Im no PC gamer lol

No, there are hypotheses, which are based on already known facts, to start working your way through possible existing conclusions

Precisely! One could either assume you know what you're talking about or learn the matter at hand themselves and thusly discover if you do in fact or not.

Personally I'm lazy so I'll just assume you do...

Yes but there are such things as imaginary numbers in math such as the square root of negative two, negative pie, the numbers divided by zero and etc. , ect.

In early science, a lot of it was assumptions like the world being a cube, medical science was straight up weird, and others that I can't remember. They were all assumptions, some of them did go to be be actual science by passing the tests of experimentation.

As for life, we dream, are dreams are assumptions.

Yes but there are such things as imaginary numbers in math such as the square root of negative two, negative pie, the numbers divided by zero and etc. , ect.

In early science, a lot of it was assumptions like the world being a cube, medical science was straight up weird, and others that I can't remember. They were all assumptions, some of them did go to be be actual science by passing the tests of experimentation.

As for life, we dream, are dreams are assumptions.

Dreams are not assumptions they are dreams, and those things were not science, the world being a cube, was a religious thing, which is not science, and a lot of Medical "sciences back then were not science either but religious aswell, and just held on til we actual applied science to those fields

Science is the act of applying concise and dedicated thought to a series of events by way of deductive reasoning, and reenacting of a matter to determine the source/cause and effect.

An apple was released from its hold and fell down, therefore something must have pulled it there! Not an assumption merely common sense.

Edit: Now what how and why? These are questions that are answered through the further testing and observation of said occurrence and require a little bit more than mere common sense but the application remains the same.

Croaker likes this

Anyway my brain is mad at me now for using it to write something constructive down so I think I'll go back to making fun of all your numbers again, oh why look I think I see a calculator!!

Anyway, mwah chow have a lovely new years!

Dreams are not assumptions they are dreams, and those things were not science, the world being a cube, was a religious thing, which is not science, and a lot of Medical "sciences back then were not science either but religious aswell, and just held on til we actual applied science to those fields

The evolution of the cell, and the whole steps from 8-ball to atom. It was assumption that the cell was like an 8-ball, raisin bun and other stuff. Let's forget the "race for space", it was an asumption that the next Appollo would work. I'm not saying science is assumption alone but science is combination of assumptions, wonder and constant questioning. It's war of assumption and question with the wonder of turning fact right back into assumptions.

The evolution of the cell, and the whole steps from 8-ball to atom. It was assumption that the cell was like an 8-ball, raisin bun and other stuff. Let's forget the "race for space", it was an asumption that the next Appollo would work. I'm not saying science is assumption alone but science is combination of assumptions, wonder and constant questioning. It's war of assumption and question with the wonder of turning fact right back into assumptions.

No an assumption would be saying "WE CAN GO TO SPACE!!!!!!!!!!!" 

thats not scientific, asking a question, can we go to space, and then using science to guess if its possible, and guess how is using the scientific process to formulate a hypothesis

No an assumption would be saying "WE CAN GO TO SPACE!!!!!!!!!!!"

thats not scientific, asking a question, can we go to space, and then using science to guess if its possible, and guess how is using the scientific process to formulate a hypothesis

You missed the point, early Apollo models were failure and yet they were assumed to work. Assumption is part of the scientific process. You assume something, you question it, it fails, you then assume something else until you prove it to be fact, hope no one else proves you wrong and if they do, you get opportunity prove them wrong. That's science in its most basic form.