• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Conor

BF4 or Cod: Ghosts

19 posts in this topic

For someone who isn't really into shooters.

Depends - do you like arena style shooters and feel arcadey or do you like tactical, all out warfare with vehicles?

They do both have fun aspects, but I got bored of CoD a few games ago because of it's failure to improve and innovate.

Battlefield would always be my sweet heart.

MMXM01 likes this

I personally prefer BF4, it has a much more war-like-atmosphere as you have all out warfare with verhicles resulting in lots of epic moments and experiences.

Many of my friends play CoD and I feel like it is more skills-based and I would say that the pace is much higher as the maps are smaller. 

That's in terms of multiplayer of course, I heard that the singleplayer campaign of both games is terrible! ;) 

I'd recommend Battlefield 4 all the way.  I have both games and I've played many hours on Battlefield 4.  I'd like to put some hours into CoD: Ghosts to give an objective comparison, but to be frankly honest with you, CoD: Ghosts crashes to desktop every single time I try to play.  No joke.  The first time I loaded up Ghosts, it crashed twice during the intro cinematic.  I'm currently 5 minutes into the second level.  In other words, Ghosts is an unplayable mess while Battlefield 4 runs like a top and is very enjoyable.

I haven't played BF4 or Ghosts yet... but I will base my oppinion off of BF3 and COD 3.  Basically, at some point, I will venture into BF4.  I played COD since part 1, the ww2 one.  When MWD 1 came out, it was awesome for the series, and breathed such good fresh air into it again.  It is stagnating, and while Ghostsa seems like a noble approach, it seems to have fallen short.  It may be a different story, or setting, but stilll the same game.  The differences between COD1 and MWD1 (graphics aside) were prevalent.

BF3 simply had more innovation in it compared to its predecessors and the tone the general game was moving as a whole.  That, and Frostbite 2 kicks ass, and did for the time.  Some argue against it for a lacking story line, but I was engaged.  Mainly because I was a US Marine myself, and could relate to that squad.  The way they talked and communicated took me right back, and to be honest the game was very intense for me to play at times.  The sounds... those were spot on.  I feel those that didn't like the BF story maybe just couldn't relate to being a grunt.

All that said, if I had to choose off of the history, it would be BF4.

If you want to just jump into the game and start killing, go with CoD.

If you want to feel alone and stranded in the middle of a massive map with no beginning nor end, go with BF. Unless you learn right off the back how to pilot impossible choppers, AND happen to get into one before it's gone.

Ghosts cannot be compared to Battlefield.

Dont even bother with CoD games, just get Battlefield.

I recommend Battlefield 4.

Battlefield is really fun.  Even with the crashing problems I still want to come back and play.  Call of Duty is fun  at times but the people who play the game make the game not as much enjoyable.  Most players I encountered will likely camp and not play the objective.  It does get really annoying.  Plus the spawn system is broken.  I spawned right next to an enemy and got knifed immediately. 

I would recommend BF4 even with the game crashing.  They will hopefully patch the issue. 

BF4 all the way. At the moment BF4 is having some problems whit Crashes  that was EA falt that rushed game out too early. CoD ghosts is just basicly another copy paste CoD but whit slightly better graphics and you can blow half gas station how fun is that!!! If you like CoD I recommend you go for Black Ops 2 people say its better than Ghosts.

MMXM01 likes this

It seems like CoD just keeps going downhill. I haven't played it myself, but from what I've read I really don't see how it can continue to be a big name player when the previous installments are pretty much the same game. Battlefield 4, however, is a vast improvement over BF3, and I love it. And it's pretty stable at this point as well. They even brought Conquest and Commander Mode back online!

It seems like CoD just keeps going downhill. I haven't played it myself, but from what I've read I really don't see how it can continue to be a big name player when the previous installments are pretty much the same game. Battlefield 4, however, is a vast improvement over BF3, and I love it. And it's pretty stable at this point as well. They even brought Conquest and Commander Mode back online!

A lot of people - not me - would debate this.

I just got Battlefield 4 on PS4 from mail today.
Next week I'll try to get Call of Duty: Ghosts also on the same platform with my brother. :D

I don't really see myself getting either to be honest, I'd rather wait for Destiny or the next Bioshock, Farcry or Borderlands or something.  I've never really gotten into COD and I know allot of people are gonna slam me this but, Battlefield just feels EXACTLY the same to me.  I like shooters that breakaway from the monotonous trend of modern military set up because frankly, It's getting really boring. 

From my experience COD Ghost is a tad different than previous COD games.  The maps imo are to big for the player count.  I feel like COD Ghosts is trying to mix elements of Battlefield and previous CODs.  I don't think that worked.  TDM and domination on BF4 has more of an arena feel than COD Ghosts. 

I don't really see myself getting either to be honest, I'd rather wait for Destiny or the next Bioshock, Farcry or Borderlands or something.  I've never really gotten into COD and I know allot of people are gonna slam me this but, Battlefield just feels EXACTLY the same to me.  I like shooters that breakaway from the monotonous trend of modern military set up because frankly, It's getting really boring. 

I can't wait for Destiny.

I went for Battlefield 4 myself. It is more war, much more destruction, explosions and awesomeness. More levolution and more interactivity with the open world (elevators!). Better engine, better graphics, good gameplay. Less: "360 no scope! Whoo!". Less rush as in CoD. More teamwork.

(SLAP)

If your not into shooters, how about strategy games? I think BF requires more strategy than CoD. BF has alot more realism and its waaay more team oriented. CoD is fast paced, arcade-y like. If you just wanna turn on your PS4, get online and kill some people, CoD is for you. If you'd like to experience more real-like battles, go for BF. I personally prefer CoD, BF just wasn't for me.