• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

PEI Fireman

Rome 2 + Third Age Total War

8 posts in this topic

Do you think that a Lord of the Rings conversion mod for Rome 2 would work well?  Who could do it?

The one scene in return of the king where the ships hit port and off came the reinforcemnts.. that should be why this modification should happen..

Alas such a big mod would need the time and effort of the original modders and a bunch of newer ones to cover the units and so on.. it`ll either be a work in progress for a year or fail somwhere down the line. Sadly darth and a few other great moders have moved on, guess we shall see if theres newbies to take there place with the same abilities.

Rome 2 did big up some mods when it clearly fudged up most likely to save face with the community, then all of a sudden alot of mods stoped working.. and fudged off alot of said community, dont know if there patched back or not i have officially left rome 2 its gone from my steam and wont be back theres better games on the horizon and great games in my lists allready, and if i feel the need to run rome or the 3/4th age mods ill load up the still superior rome 1.

No small animals were harmed in the making of these comments.

PEI Fireman likes this

I know it would be almost impossible to do. Just something I thought would be cool to see

I don't think an awesome mod like that could save the game, it would still have all of its problems. :(

I know it would be almost impossible to do. Just something I thought would be cool to see

Agreed, if a third/fourth or second? (Smiles) age mod did get going i would enjoy it, as long as it overwrote the original so i could use that as an excuse why i dont play it :) Just a shame it would have to be on top of the mess the games in right now and will be for a while.

Actually it is possible to make a third age with Rome 2. You will have to change much of the game code(witch not many can do without destroying something) And you will have to paint new models for every unit and the map.(and much more) It is a lot of work but it can be done. I just don't think anyone want to try since they are not exactly getting paid, and on top of that Rome 2 is pretty unstable.        

I'm going to have alot of time on my hands coming up soon. I was considering, not necessarily taking up the torch myself, but at least getting the ball rolling. Somebody has to do it. I wouldnt want to be the lead because I don't feel i'm up to the responsibility. We've got to start somewhere, right? I've been checking the internet over and over to see when somebody would tackle this and everyone seems to have backed down so far.

I'm going to have alot of time on my hands coming up soon. I was considering, not necessarily taking up the torch myself, but at least getting the ball rolling. Somebody has to do it. I wouldnt want to be the lead because I don't feel i'm up to the responsibility. We've got to start somewhere, right? I've been checking the internet over and over to see when somebody would tackle this and everyone seems to have backed down so far.

I'd be willing to help people do this, but I've never done something like this before