• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Crazycrab

Sequels to great games that REALLY pissed you off!!

89 posts in this topic

I've got a few I could think of but the one that infuriated me the most was Devil May Cry 2. Still consider the original to be one of the best hack and slashers ever made and got really exited for the second one and was absolutely crushed by the disappointment.

Gears of War 3, not only did I disliked how the story ended, I also disliked how they totally messed up Horde mode. Horde mode in GoW2 was better without the defensive walls and turrets AND the fact that your special weapons (Long Rifle, Boomshot, Torque Bow, etc.) got extra ammo with each ammo crate you took.

BF4, because of the bugs, glitches & crashes.

FFXIII, there is no big open world & the story s*cks + is confusing with all the Cie variation words. (L'Cie, Pulse Cie, Fall Cie, etc.) Also although the gameplay is fast & fun, it's to easy + you don't have to heal yourself after battle.

Soulcalibur 4, the introduction of that little gauge at the bottom was just stupid. All the other fighting games had that shit, so Soulcalibur had to integrate it aswell & I really dislike that kind of thing. I prefer the oldskool way of fight games. 

GTA IV, way to serious, stupid main character & at the end of the game you were still a 'Mister Nobody'. Not like Tommy Vercetti in GTA Vice City, where he literally owned the city. 

Fable 2... Fable on Xbox was a good game, but Fable 2 wasn't able to convince me. Didn't even bothered with Fable 3. 

Mass Effect 3, although the story of the game itself & the gameplay is great and recommendable... the ending just ruined the whole series for me. I really got pissed off, this is how I met Angry Joe on Youtube, his ranting about ME3 made me an instant fan of him => subbed :D

ClawManStar, Bimpy782 and jojobubba like this

Dead Space 3, Lost Planet 3, Marvel vs Capcom 3, Street Fighter 4, Any Silent Hill after 3 (Homecoming was decent), every sonic game that isn't 2D, every final fantasy after 8 (although I kinda look forward to Lightning Returns, and 15 looks incredible), aaaand... Castlevania Simon's quest. Oh and every fable after fable 2.

Saints row 3 & 4, Dead Space 3, 

Fusion Frenzy 2. Fuck that game.

Doshka17 likes this

Killzone ShadowFall lol

Fear 2 & 3, both pointless

i would also say mgs 2, but there are good aspects to it.

oh now i remember fable 2, my god that was such a freaking dissapointment.

Dragon Age 2. On it's own I guess it's an all right game but when put against it's predecessor, Dragon Age: Origins, it is terrible and had many leap backwards. The only good thing was the speed up of combat but even then that was ruined by how button mashing it was.

Saints Row 3. It was just okay, but didn't leave me with a sense of satisfaction or have nearly as many memorable moments as SR2.

4 is great, though. I consider 2 & 4 to be easily the best of the series.

I do tend to like most of the games I have played even the sequels.. But I play the Agarest games and I have to say im really disappointed in Agarest war 2 they changed the battle system. For the majority I liked what they had in place and I found the one implemented in 2 to be a great downgrade.

Otherwise I cant really think of a sequel to a "great" game I disliked.....

I would say FFXIII-2 but I found that game, as small as it was, to be a slight improvement upon the original so....

The sequel that disappointed me the most is probably Red Faction 2. I really liked the first game with the destructible everything and the story was pretty decent. However Red Faction 2 put a stop to all of that with it's horrible story, abysmal gameplay and destructible nothing.

Bioshock 2... because it doesn't bloody work!!!  :angry:

PC guys should understand

Fable, Fable, Fable....

Fable one was great. 2 and 3... Ugh... T.T

The Force Unleashed II. While I don't think the original was a great game, I did enjoy the hell out of it and thought the sequel would be just as fun... I was so wrong...

Red Faction Armageddon was a pretty big disappointment.

This,

Lost Planet 2 and 3, Saints Row 4, NS 2 somewhat (Like it but it's poorly optimized), Every Cod after MW2, Gears Judgement, Halo 4

Gears of War 3, not only did I like how the story ended, I also disliked how they totally messed up Horde mode. Horde mode in GoW2 was better without the defensive walls and turrets AND the fact that your special weapons (Long Rifle, Boomshot, Torque Bow, etc.) got extra ammo with each ammo crate you took.

BF4, because of the bugs, glitches & crashes.

FFXIII, there is no big open world & the story s*cks + is confusing with all the Cie variation words. (L'Cie, Pulse Cie, Fall Cie, etc.) Also although the gameplay is fast & fun, it's to easy + you don't have to heal yourself after battle.

Soulcalibur 4, the introduction of that little gauge at the bottom was just stupid. All the other fighting games had that shit, so Soulcalibur had to integrate it aswell & I really dislike that kind of thing. I prefer the oldskool way of fight games. 

GTA IV, way to serious, stupid main character & at the end of the game you were still a 'Mister Nobody'. Not like Tommy Vercetti in GTA Vice City, where he literally owned the city. 

Fable 2... Fable on Xbox was a good game, but Fable 2 wasn't able to convince me. Didn't even bothered with Fable 3. 

Mass Effect 3, although the story of the game itself & the gameplay is great and recommendable... the ending just ruined the whole series for me. I really got pissed off, this is how I met Angry Joe on Youtube, his ranting about ME3 made me an instant fan of him => subbed :D

Good.Fable 3 was even worse.You saved yourself a lot of headaches.

The Forced Unleashed 2....... just why?

Also MW3 gutted the series.

Resident Evil 6.

Why Capcom....why?

Because they enjoy destroying their own games, at least that's the only explanation I can come up with for their stupidity.

After Resident Evil 5 my hopes for the series was dead and gone. I actually liked Resident Evil 5 as a game but it was not RE so I had absolutely no expectations on RE6, still it was a disappointment :(

Super Ultra Hyper Marvel vs Capcom 333 1/2 : Fight of endless universe of ultraverse, Ultra Super Duper Street Fighter 454 Ultimate Arcade Edition , Guilty Gear XXXXXX Accent Core Plus +++++ #REBIRTH #RELOAD, Blazblue : Super Chrono Continuum Phantasma 999 EXTEND +++++ Special Edition, and some like that.....

Why you released same games with only little addition like only few new characters (Street Fighter is the worse because its only reharshed some old SF characters to new sequels), New maps location, Updates, fixes, or rebalanced that can be done by free updates.

Crazycrab likes this