• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Crazycrab

Sequels to great games that REALLY pissed you off!!

89 posts in this topic

The core game series at not sequels, but the game continuation is. Final Fantasy 13 series. I hated Final Fantasy 13, plot had holes bigger then Texas, characters with no emotions or drive, villains who are complete morons. Could go on for days, it was the next two in which I couldn't stop laughing from hatred in saying "Serious! Final Fantasy 13 need a sequel!" Here are the one sentence highlights that make me laugh of each game.

Final Fantasy 13: Hallway simulation, with your own mental hallway of saying "it gets better right?"

Final Fantasy 13-2: Time travel, time travel lords, time travel gods, gods of death.

Final Fantasy Lightning Returns: You work for The Christian God, you play as Jesus, they didn't bother to put 13 in this title.

Literally wish Final Fantasy was not in any of those titles. But it is, it is something as fans we have to deal with forever now.

MW3. What a piece of garbage compared to MW2.

Am i the only person who liked gta4? San andreas is the one that i couldnt enjoy.

Diablo 3 (no modding at all, always online, crap loot... Its better now but was a real low in the series for awhile)

Heroes of might and magic 5 (most people hate 4 cuz it was different, but it was still fun imo. 5 undoes everything 4 did, but retains having less stuff than 3 (and even 2!).

GTA4 kinda lost the coloredness of the series. Though I personally didn't enjoy GTA: SA either because it missed a ton of things that I enjoyed in Vice City. It had less character.

Diablo 3 - Yeah I think that only the guys who didn't play Diablo 2 really regard D3 highly. It was a flop and it missed everything that made Diablo 2 great - Progression, characters, etc.

Heroes 5 though.. It's largely the same as Heroes 3 and I don't think it missed everything that made Heroes 3 good. I'm actually quite confident it has added things that kinda benefit the game (2 monster choices, etc.. Though majority of the creeps were a easy choice between cause some of them were just plain better.). And the ultimate skill thing was a nice touch if the game went into really lategame. The way the castles looked was quite awesome and there were a lot more set items that gave a nice touch to the game.. The biggest problem is the turn times, but that has also been somewhat fixed with a mod. Heroes 5 isn't that bad. It's a good sequel to Heroes 3 (For people who don't count Heroes 4.)

Though it was surprising that you're a fellow Heroes player who enjoyed Heroes 4. It honestly is unjustifiably hated just because it changed the game up to make it far more strategic in terms of keeping your hero alive and stuff.

Edit: 

But I forgot to post my own list as well. So here it is:

Dragon Age 2 - This is what happens when companies try to quickly cash in. The only good thing about this game was the combat which felt far better then the first one. But it failed in every other way.

Dungeon Siege 3 - Ooh boy.. I would've never imagined that they would mess this game up because Dungeon Siege 2 was brilliant. But well.. Damn them!

Skyrim - I know there's a lot of skyrim players here but personally I feel like Skyrim was a flop in terms of living up to morrowind. And I do hope that there's atleast a few of you here who agree with this. Morrowind had a bigger world, complete control over your character costumization (As in you can make anything work, but you will lose out if you spread your character too wide.), spell crafting, flying, far better world design, larger events, FAR more roleplay-ey (Star signs, 

Deus Ex - Invisible War - After Deus Ex.. Yeeaaaap

Deus Ex - The Fall  - Or rather "The fall of Deus Ex" am I right? Square thought deus ex would be great on Ios.. Was it?.. HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA. No.. And now they ported it over to PC for 10 bucks.. Yay?

Battlefield 4 - Won't get much further into this. This was a bug filled game which still isn't fixed.

Death Rally - The New Death Rally missed the character, gameplay and feeling of the old DoS game. Kinda disappointed.

Duke (Fuckin) Nukem - "Oh hey it's duke nukem *girly scream*". Is what the gamers felt who played through Duke 3d back in the day. But we can't say we didn't see it coming. It was delayed and it changed hands constantly it would've been even more strange if it was a competent version of Duke Nukem.. :/

Battlefield bad company 2

Where is the gold?

why they are back in the army?

where is miss Juliet?

where is the the bloody legionnaire leader that survive the heli crash at the end of the game

what the F*ck happens....

it not BFBC 2 it BFBC V2.0 like the first one never happens...

Though not a direct sequel, Ace Combat: Assault Horizon is a great example of a game suffering from Call Of Duty Syndrome and being completely inferior to the previous games.   

Halo 3 and onward.

I know it's easy to hate on Halo because it's so popular, but the thing that pisses me off about it is that they just keep making game after game after game and NONE of them have done anything new. In fact the games have started going backwards because you can't even duel wield any more. What's the point of setting the bar in your genre if you never try to push it any further out of some crippling fear that the fans wont like it?

I used to be a super die hard Halo fanboy, and I would love to be one again if they actually tried.

Fable 2, Metal Gear Solid 2, Halo 4, Dragon age 2, and Dead Space 3

Resident Evil 5 angered me but was still decent. Resident Evil 6.....just thinking about that game turns my stomach......or is it the burrito i had for lunch......NO IT IS RE 6.....*runs to bathroom*

GTA4 kinda lost the coloredness of the series. Though I personally didn't enjoy GTA: SA either because it missed a ton of things that I enjoyed in Vice City. It had less character.

Diablo 3 - Yeah I think that only the guys who didn't play Diablo 2 really regard D3 highly. It was a flop and it missed everything that made Diablo 2 great - Progression, characters, etc.

Heroes 5 though.. It's largely the same as Heroes 3 and I don't think it missed everything that made Heroes 3 good. I'm actually quite confident it has added things that kinda benefit the game (2 monster choices, etc.. Though majority of the creeps were a easy choice between cause some of them were just plain better.). And the ultimate skill thing was a nice touch if the game went into really lategame. The way the castles looked was quite awesome and there were a lot more set items that gave a nice touch to the game.. The biggest problem is the turn times, but that has also been somewhat fixed with a mod. Heroes 5 isn't that bad. It's a good sequel to Heroes 3 (For people who don't count Heroes 4.)

Though it was surprising that you're a fellow Heroes player who enjoyed Heroes 4. It honestly is unjustifiably hated just because it changed the game up to make it far more strategic in terms of keeping your hero alive and stuff.

Actually part of why I didn't like GTA SA (aside from the fact that the game still works like @%#@#% on my pc. Not sure why everyone rants at how bad GTA4 is on pc, SA is STILL far far worse of a port for mine) is that I thought IT had no colour. Seemingly everything was coloured mud brown, and I'm not talking about skin here.

You may be right about Diablo 3, though I really think more people should try titanquest, it is still the best diablo-like game there is IMO, far better than Torchlight I think, yet torchlight gets all the current favor.

One of the main reasons why I didn't like HoMM5 was that it seems to want to be darker and edgier. Which I can enjoy in certain games yeah, but Homm as a series was actually fairly unique in a good way about how happy/magical/wonderland-esque it seemed, it pulled it off really well, better than any other game with actual gameplay instead of artsy-fartsy for the sake of being artsy I knew. Homm4 had ugly as fuu characters because of bad 3d sure, but otherwise the world did have the same charm, homm5 ditched it in favor of something more like disciples or fallen enchantress.. ugh.

Fallout 3, despite it being a good game, pisses me off to an extent. I don't know why it's just....missing something. 

Fallout 3, despite it being a good game, pisses me off to an extent. I don't know why it's just....missing something. 

What's it missing?

The Sims 4 because the devil that is EA took down Toddlers and Swimming Pools from the previous game. WTF Going from Baby to a Child doesn't make sense!

What's it missing?

This was answered in detail in another thread that I forget the name of.

Basically it's missing everything that fallout 1 and 2 fans loved about the gameplay of the previous games. Being a first person shooter is a change I personally was willing to accept (As were many other fans no doubt), but the way they pretend it's still a fallout game by having the exact same stats and character customization options, but having their functionality do nothing like they used ti (perception doesn't raise accuracy, agility doesn't raise the number of actions you can perform within a limited amount of time, etc) just makes it obvious that they did it just to snag old fans without really giving a behind if they are satisfied or not.

That and VATS mode, which was advertised as being an alternative means of play is a crock. you can enter VATS mode, unload like 4 shots or something, and that's it.. you MUST real time the rest of a battle, there's no "end turn" button as the enemies then take their 4 shots or whatever, bull.

Basically it's missing everything that fallout 1 and 2 fans loved about the gameplay of the previous games. Being a first person shooter is a change I personally was willing to accept (As were many other fans no doubt), but the way they pretend it's still a fallout game by having the exact same stats and character customization options, but having their functionality do nothing like they used ti (perception doesn't raise accuracy, agility doesn't raise the number of actions you can perform within a limited amount of time, etc) just makes it obvious that they did it just to snag old fans without really giving a behind if they are satisfied or not.

That and VATS mode, which was advertised as being an alternative means of play is a crock. you can enter VATS mode, unload like 4 shots or something, and that's it.. you MUST real time the rest of a battle, there's no "end turn" button as the enemies then take their 4 shots or whatever, bull.

That may be true, but it still has that RPG feel right? Even though it became a RPG-FPS hybrid, Bethesda was in unknown territory, Fallout wasn't Elder Scrolls, but knowing that they did a good job with what they had.   

Also to add to the list of those that angered me:

Modern Warfare 2 and beyond: Modern Warfare is a great game, I played single (completed) and multiplayer (25 or so hours) a good amount but once I saw the yearly sequalization past 2, I knew something was very wrong with the series. I simply lost interest as it got milked more and more to the point I did not care anymore.

Resident Evil 5 and 6: 4 I did enjoy but once Capcom started making it more of an action shooter than actual horror, I simply did not care anymore.

Silent Hill series beyond 3: I beat Silent Hill: The Room a couple of times and it was mediocre to disappointing. Hated the whole ghosts/hauntings thing, the limited inventory space, the fact that the game hardly had any exploration of the town Silent Hill in it, it was overall on the meh side for the series. It was like actual Silent Hill mentions and content were shoehorned into the game, which irritated me to no end being a long time SH fan (Love 1 & 2, like 3). Homecoming was all right but not the best and haven't played the newest one either.

That's not my issue or most people's issue with FO3 far as I'm aware though. More like the writing lacks Fallout's wit, good humor and satiric qualities we've come to love about the series. The story doesn't connect very well either with the different mutants and what-not. It was a good thing that they went to the eastern seaboard and didn't screw up the original canon at least. All that said, New Vegas was actually quite good even with the bad Bethesda dialogue system.

PS - I'm not sure if I posted here already but the one and only answer is Deus Ex 2... 

Knights of the Old Republic 2, biggest disappointment I have ever had. Nothing in that game made much sense.

The Pod Race in the original Lego Starwars comes to mind. It was one of the most frustrating, difficult thing sI ever had to do in a video game. I know it wasn;t just me, cause in later releases like Starwars Lego Complete on the X360 they actually went back and made it much easier!

Dark Souls 2

You cannot begin to grasp the resentment. I've never felt this way towards an inanimate object.

Dark Souls 2

You cannot begin to grasp the resentment. I've never felt this way towards an inanimate object.

It isn't that bad.. I mean at least it had some redeeming factors to it.

I'm still in two minds about FF Tactics Advance 2. It has a lot of unnecessary things included that weren't in the first one. Also a lot of changes. Judge system can give an unfair advantage to your enemy, recruiting new members is tedious, missions/ quests while more varied is mostly time based and they all have the same amount, 20 days, to complete, JP is replaced by Smash Gauge that is used to summon Scions which first need to be equppied (smash gauge is only active for the concurrent battle), you can't really choose which mission you do first if they're same zone or you can't even skip them to get to something else as it automatically enters you in battle once you move the mission zone. But there are some good things too. Job system is actually more fun in it's own way as you have to unlock the more advanced jobs and there a couple of new races and new jobs included, dispatching your clan members to missions is also more robust. All in all, it's a good game, but I have to advance more into the game to make a final assessment on it. That said, I've already put in 6h in it and I've only scraped the top of the iceberg.

Dark Souls 2

What exactly was wrong with it? I've yet to buy it, and I've only heard good things, so I wouldn't mind hearing a dissenting opinion before I do.

Not necessarally a sequel per-se, but I was one of the few people who actually played Conker before Bad Fur Day, For those of you who don't know, Conker was pretty harmless back in the day, so when Bad Fur Day came out, my preteen self got mad because I knew I couldn't play it, at least not until I was older. Though nowadays I hear I didn't really miss much, so all is well.