• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Kaz32

What finished game do you go back to play when there's no new games to play?

Finished game that you go back to   96 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a certain game that you have finished before but you want to play again after you finished with the new games you bought?

• Yes
    • Nah, I always play new ones without going back to the old games

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

102 posts in this topic

If you say yes, please say what game that is. Can be more than one.

Now whenever I finished a game that I bought, most of the time I don't play it again. Even if I play it after I finish it'll just be 2 times and that's it. However, there comes a game that's so good and fun to play, that even though I pretty much finish the entire game without having all the achievements most of the time, each time I play it again it just kept getting better and better that I am never tired of it. I don't want to get 100% completion because I want it to never end. This is the kind of game that I keep on my Steam library or my PS3 and play again later right after I don't have any other games to play.

I have a couple of these games that I categorize as "so awesome I will play them again and again" and will pop these games back in after I have no new games to play.

Shadow of the Colossus

Yakuza 3 & 4

Hitman from Blood Money to Absolution (until I found out that my total playtime is 47 hours, then I stop to honor it)

Sleeping Dogs

Sharin no Kuni

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney

Deus Ex Human Revolution

XCOM Enemy Unknown

RE4-6 (most current 6)

Shadow Complex (if my xbox isn't dead)

I rarely play games again but I have played persona 3 when I have nothing else to do since its prob my fav game.

I do have a history of going back to older games when I have nothing that I immediately want to play. Like Final Fantasy or Mass Effect, even SW Battlefront.

I don't replay games very often since many don't really have much if any replay value but... Dwarf Fortress if that counts? I take long breaks from it but I dive back in occasionally. I've recently gotten back into Warframe after 300ish hours, but playing it casually until I find some more people to play with it since solo and random is quite boring. Smite I go back to on occasion as well mostly casually playing Assault.

I guess I haven't really found a game I can go back to that isn't an MMO and the one I did play I really only went back to chat with friends not so much play the game.

I rarely play games again but I have played persona 3 when I have nothing else to do since its prob my fav game.

Persona 3? What is it? Looks like an JRPG?! Can you explain this game a little bit more? Because well it looks fun. I love JRPGs.

Willidog likes this

The game I used to play was Lord of the Rings Return of the King. Best hack and slash game ever. Unfortunately only for the old gen consoles.

Fallout 3/New Vegas mainly do to mods but back before my PC i beat Fallout 3, 5 times over and New Vegas 9, on the 360 and put more hours into them then on PC i put around 900 hours into Fallout 3 alone (PC/Xbox combined) 

Persona 3? What is it? Looks like an JRPG?! Can you explain this game a little bit more? Because well it looks fun. I love JRPGs.

Uh I guess the most simple way to put is it's a game where you live a normal school life by day and try to solve a mystery of a dark hour at night, while you socialize with people in the game in the day it can make the summons you use at night at stronger. etc etc there's a lot to do in these games so it's kinda hard to sum up really short lol. It's a pretty standard PS2 jrpg era combat system though.

AlShareef114 likes this

I use to always play Fallout 3 but then it got stolen :(

It's cheap now! Buy it again!

My game is Dark Cloud or Dark Cloud 2. They are simple and fun.

Normally I play a lot of RPGs/JRPGs and since they tend to run on the long side I tend to like to take a "breather" game in between.

Though lately im so backlogged in games its been eons since I've had to have a breather game haha

Uh I guess the most simple way to put is it's a game where you live a normal school life by day and try to solve a mystery of a dark hour at night, while you socialize with people in the game in the day it can make the summons you use at night at stronger. etc etc there's a lot to do in these games so it's kinda hard to sum up really short lol. It's a pretty standard PS2 jrpg era combat system though.

The fourth one is even better, buut we can say that both Persona 3 and 4 are one of the best rpgs of all time. Too bad the third game's battle music is the most annoying thing I have ever heard.

"Baybe baybe baybe bay bay baybe baybe baybe"

Baby Baby Baby Baby Baby Baby (Repeat)

Oh yeah~

Fear's awake

Anger beats loud

Face reality

Never be charity

The enemy you're fighting covers whole society

-Damn right

Mommy's not here gotta fight

-All night

Right here shadow

10 o'clock direction

Seize the moment

They destroy the nation

Your rhyme is slow-motion

Give me motivation

Freaked out now

And dead on arrival

Round up around

Spit out all over

Rhyme like a rolling stone

Come in the crowd

Watch out the moon

They diss you loud

Guess what this sound

It bombs whole ground

So round up

Don't ease your pace

Cuz enemy is brutal

Moment of truth

There ain't no truce

You're the only one

One world

One love

But the battle goes on

Shadows of mass destruction

(Girl Voice)

Oh yeah!

Tataratata tataratata

Baby Baby

Tataratata tata

Oh yeah!

Tataratata tataratata

Baby Baby

Tataratata tata

(Repeat)

I CAN'T GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD! HELP MEEE!

emot-gonk.gif

I return to games if I want to go through their story once more or if I just want to play a certain type of game. I have replayed most of the games I own atleast once

The fourth one is even better.

I disagree, there might be more to do but the story and characters are far better in 3 as well as the theme imo.

I disagree, there might be more to do but the story and characters are far better in 3 as well as the theme imo.

I fixed what I said just now.

If it weren't for that horrendous battle music that I can't get out of my head, Persona 3 will be equal to 4. Let's just say that 3 is great, but 4 expanded upon the great concept of 3. Let's be honest here, 4 has better chemistry between the characters. The game makes you want feel close to all of the characters, except the douchebags, and by the end they all establish their relationships perfectly and are then an inseparable pair. I mean who can forget the adorable Nanako chan, the cute girls Chie, Rise, Yukiko, Naoto, the unfortunate trios Kanji, Teddy and Yosuke, and even the side characters that's expanded upon in Persona 4 Golden with extra activities like Snowboarding, riding down the scooter or bicycle down to the beach, and the cutesy heartmelting valentine's day between you and that 1 girl that you choose, unless you go for all of them which makes you the most heartless bastard ever. The amount of replayability of this game is astounding! I mean just the fact that it makes you want to replay the entire game over again just so you can see the special events between you and the girl you choose to be your girlfriend is enough reason to play it again. I will so put Persona 4 on my list if it weren't for the fact that I haven't finished the game, I just started playing the game right now and have been getting these information from searching Youtube.

Ah who cares, both are still awesome and that's all that matters.

Megaman Legends 2. It's also the only game that will stay with me till the end of time.

All Armored Core series I replayed on my PS1, PS2, Emulator on PC, and Emulator on PSP. With different save files.

Mafia 2, Uncharted 2, COD4, all great games to play. Also sometimes the 2010 World Cup Game.

There are heaps of games I go back too and the replay value of a game is something that should always be taken into consideration when buying them. For PS3 I played Skyrim to death, but I'll definitely come back to it after a while. Also dragon age origins. Heaps of games on PS2 which I go back to like, some of my favorites are:

• Star Ocean till the end of time
  • FFX
  • Dragon Quest: journey of the cursed king (seriously awesome game)
  • Shadow of the colossus
  • The Jak games  

I replay some of the older gen games as well if anyone remembers chrono trigger on the snes (best RPG ever made, if you're an RPG fan it is a must). Gameboy games like Golden sun and FFTactics. Also PC games, Age of empires II, red alert II. Fable the lost chapters (just finished replaying that after a few years). There are probably many more that I have replayed or would like to replay but none come to mind at the moment.

About 2-3 times a year I just get in a mood where I need to play through Mass Effect again, so I spend about a week doing nothing but playing through all three games. 

Also occasionally Fallout NV. 

Any DmC I can play as Vergil in.(So DmC 3 SE or DmC: Devil May Cry)

Damn PS2? And Persona 4? Also on PS2? I only have a gaming pc and PS3 and 4.

You can use the emulator called PCSX2 and just download Persona 3 and 4 on PC. You have to have a strong CPU though or else the framerate is crap. In fact, I'm playing Persona 4 on PC right now. It's awesome!

You can donwload the emulator, or the software that allows you to play PS2 games on your PC, right here!

http://coolrom.com/emulators/ps2/57/PCSX2.php

To play a PS2 game, simply have the disk with you. Or if you don't have it because you can't find it in store anywhere because now the game stores are only completely saturated with PS3 and PS4 games, you can donwload the game right here.

http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Playstation_2_ISOs/Shin_Megami_Tensei_-_Persona_3_FES_%28USA%29/150803

Now hopefully you'll read this thing so you don't have to buy a PS2.

AlShareef114 likes this

You can get 3 on the psn store for the ps3 4 is best on vita, but yes 4 was on ps2 as well.

AlShareef114 likes this

I have a few games that i'll always go back to and play again when i have nothing else to do.

Painkiller: Black Edition.

Biohazard 1, 2 & 3

The Elder Scrolls.

Mario Party 1 & 2

The Legends of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Why? Because they're simply brilliant games which most of them are older, games from my childhood just seemed to have a more long lasting feeling of accomplishment & replayabilty than modern games of this age.