• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kregor

X Rebirth

26 posts in this topic

Do not buy this game at all. I wanted to give this game a try and I have been let down hard. The game graphics look great, the space combat had potential to be epic and the trade/ economy aspect seem to be very interesting part of the game. But the idea to create your own fleet and a space station in a huge galactic sandbox is what go me excited. That is not the case anymore because I CAN'T EVEN SAVE MY PROGRESS WITHOUT HAVING THE GAME CRASH ON ME!!! Auto-save, CRASH. File save, CRASH. This a one of the most and simplest thing do discover and fix before launch and they, Egosoft, did not. The game will have moments where everything is running smooth and BAM!! Your frame rate will drop or the graphic will be unpolished for a couple of seconds causing you to miss your obective; this happen both while flying in your ship or being in a space station wondering around. The AI has a dialogue wheel like Mass Effect, where you have options to explore but most of your options will access what you want. There is even a "Engage" option where you will be asked a question and you have to land on a certain part of a sound wave pattern, and from there you will get a response that will give a discount or certain information for a hidden area or access to a new merchant. But the "Find me" where you ask a npc to help you with direction to find a person or place and they don't have any responses. They AI will have a mental break down and tell you that they don't know what or where it is and stop talking to you. This game has a lot of potential and reminds me of playing the combat style of Colony Wars and the mission structure of Escape Velocity, which is a classic that still cost about $30, while having Mass Effect graphic. However, this game has to many issues to deal with from the launch and plays are find more and more with each day. I would stay away from this game until Egosoft has addressed the majority of these issues and makes the game playable. Granted this game has only been out for a couple of weeks but this game has been in development for a couple of years now, there should be no reason to release a game like this anyway shape or form. This is my opinion, if you have the game and it is working fine let me know.

Im going to give this game a go today after work, ill give a report on my computer specs and any issues/errors i may encounter.
I have read a few reviews on the game and the response is mixed, so my conlution is to just check it out myself.
TBH, i tought the clips i have seen on YT about X-Rebirth was cool, the game looks like it could be fun.
Time will show if this really is the case.

Ya i've given up on this game for the next couple of months, it's just tedious to play in it's current state.

I'm gonna check back on this game in the future after they fixed the majority of their bugs and implemented the features their playerbase demands.

I trust in Egosoft to fix this game eventually, they did the same with previous X-games. But it's still sad to see a game being released in this state.

If you can't wait to play this game then i suggest you take a look at http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=349319

It's a thread that sums up all current mods being developed. There are some really helpful ones which make the game more enjoyable.

Although be prepared of mods breaking after a new patch from the developers. The patches are very frequent atm.

i like the game X,
played almost all title from the serie, but hear the new X Rebirth have to much bugs,
going to wait few weeks or month, the most game killer for me are bugs in a game.
waiting for fixs and then going to play, with fun and not anger.

So i have now played the game for a bit, although it took me a bit of time to learn how some of the trade works i think i did good.
With only the 1.12 update installed i cant see any errors.
I did have lag issues, but after fiddeling with the setting for a bit i manage to fix it.

My setup:
AMD Phenom II X4 3 GHZ, 6GB DDR3.
AMD Radeon HD 6800 2GB GDDR5.
I run W7 64Bit.

For the game it self, it's nice but could need a lot more work.
I got the feeling that the game is not finished, like it was done only half way and just released to make money.
AI = static and boring.
Fights = a bit of fun(This holds the game up currently + the graphics).
Graphics = really nice.
Trading = A tutorial would be nice, like just a small one.....
Mining = Ehhhh TL:DR

Maxi likes this

Angry Joe should make a review on this game, seems like it would give him loads of ammo to become ANGRY joe

Posn likes this

In order for him to do a fair review to the game he also have to review or at least play X3:TC and AP, and we are talking about 400hours minimum there.

With not X3 experience that game may fool you intro thinking its somewhat good.

Angry Joe should make a review on this game, seems like it would give him loads of ammo to become ANGRY joe

It a REALLY BIG GAME lol

Actly the game is very good and they patched it again so many of THE major bugs got cover but you can not really complain about a game with over 600 Hours of Gameplay Even more if you Invest in all the Little Extra Exploring Build Trading etc

So i have now played the game for a bit, although it took me a bit of time to learn how some of the trade works i think i did good.

With only the 1.12 update installed i cant see any errors.

I did have lag issues, but after fiddeling with the setting for a bit i manage to fix it.

get over 200 hours in and you will see LOTS

@Kregor  Did not want to Quote you whole Post,

There is no Reason to say that about a Game twice the size of Any Elder Scrolls Game AND it takes Place in Space AND you can build you own Space station/Mining colony/ Solor Colony ETC YES you should not buy it Now if you do not got a 1g Rig Because it is Un optimized to high Heavens But you want to see a REALLY un optimized game Go buy The Secret World 

The game 'ave books. All game 'ave books. o.O

He sounds like he hasn't slept during that 120 hours.

But you want to see a REALLY un optimized game Go buy The Secret World 

I like The Secret World D: runs pretty well on my i3 and gtx 545

No I think he's not sleepy, he's scottish. ;)  

Edit: @EDDIEJAMES55: As I can see you seem to love the game here is a special for you.^^

A russian player tried the explorer part, this is what he found:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=4264776#4264776

Seen most of it But Cool none the least Plus lets everyone else see it

I like The Secret World D: runs pretty well on my i3 and gtx 545

i believe if i upped my Graphics Card id be fine because the game renders slow for me but other wise runs fine BUT if you got it Early well that would be another story

"Luckily" I just have a mid range gaming rig (Q9550, GTX660Ti, 4 GB) and the game runs well on my machine. Not as fast as I would like, but this is what I expected. ;)

It's just so sad. I was really looking forward to playing an new "Space Sim" with Wing Commander like elements and  a whole lot of trading. But instead it's just sitting in my steam library "collecting dust". Well I guess I roam the harsh enviroment of Wreaclast in Path of Exile a bit longer and come back to X: Rebirth in a month or so.

I am so sad, especially for the people who are new to the X Saga. This was not the picture I wanted them to see from my favourite game series.  :(

I am so sad, especially for the people who are new to the X Saga. This was not the picture I wanted them to see from my favourite game series.  :(

The General Feeling is they Finely said We got to get it out the Door and did no Debugging or Beta BUT this is cool because the MODERS can finely take a whip at it and trust me when i say they will make it Crazy

Oh I feel the same, but all those who are new to the series will be annoyed. Look at STEAM or ES board some of them seem to look like a mob with torches and pitchforks. ;) I strongly believe that after a while a lot of people will regret that they asked for a refund. Since testing the 1.18 beta patch I am in mail contact with one of the devs. They are working very hard and they are aware how the people feel. This weekend or at the beginning of next week the beta for patch 1.19 will start and they trying to release it at the end of next week.

So happy weekend. :)

Talk about a star citizen wannabe

I doubt this games will have more in common than the setting. As I understand SC will be more like an online Wing Commander with PvP Arenas. Correct me if I am wrong. X:R is more focused on trading, mining and building a trade empire.

Man I wasn't a big fan of the series before because of the steep learning curve. But I did love the concept of the X-Series though and since there aren't alot of space sims out there on this scale I usually give them a shot when I see one that looks interesting. I wish X-Birth had more time in development and a larger team working on it. I will say that it is an impressively massive sandbox style space sim. I really want to play more of this because it seems to have potential. However, I've had so many technical issues that have either corrupted my save or the FPS got so low, maybe 5 fps on some areas on my CPU: FX 8350 and GPU: 780 ti . This has unfortunately made me stop trying to play it for some time until more patches come out but I foresee many months of patches until we get a smooth as butter experience. I mean how many has it had so far, like 15-20? 

I just gave it a second chance, reinstalled to give it a go after a few hopeful updates, it feels so unlike the x series i knew and spent maybe a few thousand hours on (seta x10) ... had to delete it again, and hope my xgames still installed dont feel too ashamed of there "improved" sibling.

I am currently testing the 1.19 beta patch, planned to release latest at the end of next week  and it looks very promising concerning the low framerates. I still have a few fps drops on stations, there seem to be an issue with the calculation of ships outside while you are docked. But overall I can play with my hardware 

Intel Q9550 2.8

Asus GTX660Ti

4GB 800 Mhz RAM

on ~20fps on 1920x1200 8AA

and as you see my hardware is mediocre. But there still seems to be bugs in trading and some AIs. I think on Christmas nearly all will be able to play. And I am sure it will become as addictive as the former titles. It is a different approach and again a learning curve for all veterans. I recommend the youtube vid of Watchwithwaddy after 120 hours of gameplay I postet earlier in this thread. And I recommend the Egosoft board, aside from all the ranting and hating that goes on there atm it is the primary source for help.

If you have serious problems with high end hardware you can also contact info@egosoft.com. They offered help with these issue up to the possibility to get a special executable for your issue. And I think they are happy for everyone who has the time and fun with this to help beta testing the patches. 

EDIT: A few commas ,,,,,,,,,,, in case I forgot some. ;)

post-7396-0-91942800-1386433725_thumb.jp

Talk about a star citizen wannabe

X Rebirth was announced in 2011. It and the series predate Star Citizen. The two are very different games so I'm not sure why you're seeking to compare the two.