• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Calitrollnia

Family Guy: Life of Brian *SPOILER WARNING*

17 posts in this topic

"What the fuck." That was my initial reaction when I watched the most recent Family Guy where Seth McFarlane or whoever decided to kill Brian off. I know that the show was going a slight downhill slope, but I still found it funny and enjoyable. But after this episode, I'm in a state of disgust. And what's worse is that the whole episode felt rushed. It tries to force the audience to be serious and sad for the first 15 minutes or so and then does a complete 180 in the rest. And then they shove down the replacement for Brian, Vinny, who is voiced by Tony Sirica who played in The Sopranos. In my opinion, Sirica is an actor for the drama genre of TV, not a comedic one. And this really showed in this FG episode because he uttered nothing that I considered laughable. He's not even random and sparatic like the rest of the cast! Could he be funny in the next episode? Maybe, but I don't see it. I hope that the writers fix this or FG will not last for long. Hopefully, they'll listen to the community because so far, many people are upset about the change. IGN held a poll for everyone's opinion on Brian's death and the introduction of Vinny and abut 47% of people who participated think it was a terrible move and then another 32.5% finding it intriguing but a mistake. So what do you all think? Do you want to see more of Vinny (and why on earth would you) or do you want to see a full return of Brian?

I haven't followed family guy in a long time but i always thought Brian and Stewy were the backbone of the show and now without that dynamic im even less inclined to re-follow the series.

As someone who thinks Family Guy gets too much sh*t from people, even I'm entirely confused.

It doesn't seem to make any sense. One of the key dynamics of the show was the friendship of Brian and Stewie. By taking out that dynamic, it completely changes the show itself. 

Maybe the writers felt the show was getting stagnant and they wanted to shake things up, which I don't mind, but I don't think this was the way to do it.

I've been a Family Guy fan for a long time,but I'm honestly concerned for the future of the show.

Editing to avoid double posting:

After a bit of research, there's supposedly episodes with titles like "Brian is a bad father" so maybe they bring him back somehow, via some voodoo ritual or something, I don't know. 

But if they're gonna do that, what the hell was the point of Brian dying? 

Also, apparently MacFarlane doesn't want to do the show anymore, which I could understand. But why not just announce a final season and do your best to give a respectable end to the show that literally made your career?

Edited by IDSpike

Brian was one of my favorite characters in Family Guy, shame he's gone now. I want to see how the show goes on without Brian, but it still was a very strange move.

i think they are just fooling us and i would be very surprised if i would be wrong.

this scene was already in family guy once, but they must do it with stewie and brian:

Anyone else notice that the car that ran over Brian was Brians car? Plus, they never showed the driver, and the car was going berserk for no apparent reason. I think Brian may return in the future, and Vinnie just a temporary dog.

Well there has been good and bad decisions from seth in the past so...I dont really know what to make of this one. For starters replacing Brian is not a good move for me, if this is to be a permanent change...srsly not cool. I loved the Stewie/Brian relation.

I still think he is somehow coming back...so details of the show may be clues in disguise.. is too soon to tell really. 

I've never really got behind Family Guy, but when I did watch Brian and Stewie were the best so them killing Brian just sounds stupid.

EDIT:

Found the episode and watch it. Jeesh Vinny's voice is so annoying and they way they got rid of Brian was just dumb.

I haven't been watching Family Guy as of late but I can only guess this means that FG will be on its way out soon. Only so much original content can be made.

Brian was a stale character in the show for the past couple of seasons, he wasn't developing at all and failing to bring anything new which made him really predictable (but tbh. the only one that manages to surprise me every now and then is Chris).

But as mentioned, at the same time the Brian and Stewie friendship was one of the main and most interesting things in the show for this and last season at least.

Vinny feels like a strange character and I wonder if they will keep him and if so if he is a good replacement (it is something new to explore), time will tell. I am still surprised they killed off one of the main characters that easily.

As intriguing as this twist is, I highly doubt it will last.  There will probably be some episode where they have an excuse to resurrect him sooner or later, but if it sticks, then its an interesting move in a series that's more or less becoming stale.

I will admit that I almost cried, especially when they started showing clips from previous episodes.

It's a real shame, I'm going to miss the back to the multiverse episodes. He was probably my favourite character too along with Stewie ofcourse. I do have a feeling they will bring him back but knowing my luck they won't. Don't see the point in bringing a new dog in though, especially in the same episode that's just dang right disrespectful man.

Am I missing some dialogue external of the show? Did Seth mention that it's supposed to be for good? Otherwise I don't see how this is different from any other plot where everything will magically be fixed in part 2.

I'm actually surprised at how many people want him back. 

He started off as a decent character, but then turned into an unlikable a hole when He started to become Seth mouthpiece. I'm actually glad he's gone and I hope he stays that way. 

But then again I never liked family guy anyway.

Black Sabbath and Wrasslin'. Gee, I can't imagine why you wouldn't like him.