• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

killerfatjoe

Best PC screen capture software, and video editing software??

14 posts in this topic

So Ive been wanting to start up my pc gaming channel and I really have no idea how to do it. Right now i have Playclaw 5 but no video editing software. Can anyone give me a good idea of what i need to shoot for?

Fraps is good but it causes framerate issues and takes up a fuckton of space.

If you have nVidia card, try using the Shadowplay feature. It's quite decent.

For editing I would recommend Sony Vegas. There's a 50 dollar version of it somewhere, probably Best Buy. If you don't want that you could always just try Adobe Premiere. 

Alright thanks everyone

I think that camtasia studio or sony vegas are a pretty good editing video programm

Sony vegas pro is a very good video/audio editing software but it costs money (unless your a blackbeard) or use free camtasia.

Fraps is a very good video capturing software, though because it is so good, i fulls up your space very quickly ( it captures too much frames its supposed too)

Or use the new shadow thingy from nvidia or even camtasias recorder.

Fraps is going to be your most recommended for video capture on a PC.  It captures video based on your screen resolution.  So it can fill up your disk space pretty fast.  Once finished, you can downscale the video to 720p with handbrake.

As for editing, the most highly recommended is Final Cut Pro.  But is very expensive and Mac only.

Dxtory is pretty good for capturing, it has little to no effect on your performance and is loaded w/ some great features. I'm pretty you need a license to use it, which you can get on the site. It's used by a lot of good youtubers like Total Biscuit, JackFrags, FrankieonPCin1080p and probably some others as well.    

Full list of features: http://exkode.com/dxtory-features-en.html

IDSpike and Saigonrice like this

I second Dxtory.

I've tried a ton of screen capture software including fraps and dxtory is hands down the best I've come across. It's reasonably priced compared to competition as well.

In my case I have been using MSI Afterburner for my recordings and I've had no issues from it what so ever. I use freemake video converter to compress them later, but I'm looking into alternatives for compression. For the time being its working quite well for me.

I use a thing called Mirillis  For all my footage on my youtube channel  amazing Capture software records in 240p,360p,480p,720p,1080p, and and fps you can choose 15,20,24,25,30,50,60

Also has the option to record games,desktop or regions you choose to record size wise

plus you can stream straight to twitch with it using the code it gives you straight into Hd 720p,1080p either one

and screen capture or just audio recording

Also can record multiple sound tracks so if you are recording some footage of playing a game and their is the sound of the game and your mic you can later edit out your mic or the sound game in something was messed up instead of having just one sound track with all mashed up

Here is a video review

Jinzuro likes this

For Video Capturing it depends what you want to capture.

Fraps is grand for capturing program footage such as games or movies and such, it does cause lag as with any capture program & it's RAW data files are quite large so make sure you have enough space to record.

For capturing desktop stuff such as tutorials on drawing or map making, modding etc etc i'd recommend Camtasia it's very good for capturing stuff directly on your screen & also has an editing program.

The best editing software is by far Sony Vegas if you can be bothered learning so many of it's fuctions and such i'd recommend that, otherwise you might like to try using Camtasia editor or even getting the very crappy Windows Live Movie Maker if you are on Windows 7 for simple yet quick movie editing.

I use Sony Vegas for editing. As with all video editing programs, sometimes it will piss you the f- off.

For game capture, I use FRAPS but it was something TotalBiscuit used that I wanted to look into, if it was Dxtory or not I cannot remember.

These are otherwise, a good choice.